N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default Can we tell whether the METH is flowing? - 04-07-2017, 09:11 AM

Hi,
I have an E60 with a dual-bung Chargepipe installed. I used a Tee with two 5s as recommended by BMS when I bought the system.

Problem:
Lower bung is tucked under the Chargepipe and is VERY DIFFICULT to install and remove. Upper bung no problem.

I'm in the process of installing now, all plumbed, just need to wire.

Once I'm done I know that I'll need to check the operation for flow. I can check the end of each tube as it enters the nozzle-holder, but won't be able to see the mist come out of the nozzle (it'll still be attached to Chargepipe).

Will my post-installation logs reveal, numerically, if everything is working okay?
Similarly, will future logs show a possible clog in the nozzle?
(I am not planning on removing the bottom nozzle unless I have to)

OR...

Should I remove the upper nozzle from the Chargepipe and try to see/hear through the upper bung hole (lol) that the bottom nozzle is firing??

Any thoughts are appreciated greatly!

// Radar //

// Radar //

2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather --- JB4 G5 ISO w/Trebila Custom Tune, Custom Meth w/dual CM5s, VRSF 3" Down Pipes, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV
(#2)
Old

Default 04-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Found my own answer as I read through the instructions again:

"WMI flow:
Note when the system is operating normally you will see a WMI flow reading of 60% to 100%. It's normal for the flow reading to vary between 60-100% based on weather, fluid injected, nozzle size, etc. Readings below 60% indicate a flow issue. If you run out of meth the reading will drop to 10% or less. If you have a wiring or electrical issue the reading will drop to 0%."

So I guess seeing it come from the nozzle isn't even a requirement...if my numbers are good I can make the assumption that all is well. Perfect!

// Radar //

2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather --- JB4 G5 ISO w/Trebila Custom Tune, Custom Meth w/dual CM5s, VRSF 3" Down Pipes, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 04-07-2017, 09:06 PM

I'm interested in hearing about the performance improvement once you get the meth up and running. I'm about to do the mod myself, and once done we'll have fairly similar setups. Also was wondering if you're going to run the race BEF? Terry says it's good with meth.

2007 335i, JB4 G5, MHD BEF, BMS DCI, Phoenix CP, Tial BOV, MAP OC, BMS OCC, 1320 Down Pipes, MMP Inlets, RB EXT PCV, Mishimoto OCC, BMS Meth, Style 124 Wheels.
Other: 71' Plymouth Duster, 440 BB.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-20-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpmode
I'm interested in hearing about the performance improvement once you get the meth up and running. I'm about to do the mod myself, and once done we'll have fairly similar setups. Also was wondering if you're going to run the race BEF? Terry says it's good with meth.
Dude, I thought I replied to you a while ago. I did, but I guess I did a preview but didn't actually send (I've done this a few times before).

I wired my pump wrong so I haven't actually used the meth yet. I got pump running perfectly now, but I'm checking solenoid which isn't working.

This is all because I originally read the directions wrong and wired the system incorrectly -- my fault completely. Hopefully I didn't fry my solenoid in the process.

I was able to use the system for a brief moment as a test, even with the mixed up wiring, and I was really impressed. I'd say 50 hp maybe?
I'll write back when I know for sure, once I've got everything right and lived with it for a few days.

I am using the RACE BEF as Terry recommended. Still using it even though meth is "broken" because I don't think it'll be broke for long.

// Radar //