N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1426)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 08-01-2017, 04:20 AM

with stock engine internals and shaft about max 25-27psi or based on the flash point of view max out 310hp 480Nm of torque.
(#1427)
Old

Car: 520i
Default 08-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Hi Terry, I have the jb4 and also the bluetooth rev3 kit. The bluetooth was connected to 12V and recently saw that it should be connected to 5V and did the change. However after correcting to 5V, when connected to my phone, the rpm seems to be less responsive and does not refresh as quick as last time. Be it travelling or at the traffic light, it will intermittently show '0' rpm before displaying the actual rpm. This did not happen when connected to 12V and only became like this after changing to 5V. Any correlation with the voltage connected? Any suggestions?
(#1428)
Old

Car: BMW 320i F30
Default 08-04-2017, 01:54 AM

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a JB4 for my 2013 320i N20 EWG.

I have ***** less ******** and full exhaust.

I would like to know should i only be running map 5? or can i run map 1?
(#1429)
Old

Default 08-04-2017, 04:50 AM

Preferably map 5. Map 1 will provide a +4 psi so total of 12. Map 5 will try to reach 17 psi and perform constant adjustments
(#1430)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozy
Hi Terry, I have the jb4 and also the bluetooth rev3 kit. The bluetooth was connected to 12V and recently saw that it should be connected to 5V and did the change. However after correcting to 5V, when connected to my phone, the rpm seems to be less responsive and does not refresh as quick as last time. Be it travelling or at the traffic light, it will intermittently show '0' rpm before displaying the actual rpm. This did not happen when connected to 12V and only became like this after changing to 5V. Any correlation with the voltage connected? Any suggestions?
Shouldn't be.. Easy to change it back to verify if its related though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1431)
Old

Car: bmw 328i
Default 2013 BMW 328I XDRIVE SEDAN W/ BMS STAGE 1 RESULTS - 08-04-2017, 12:18 PM

I own a 2013 BMW 328i xdrive sedan.

I used a onboard gtech meter to get my stock and BMS stage 1 results.

My stock numbers were pretty close to Motor Trend, Road and Track, and Car and Driver

Here they are:

Stock:

0-60- 5.61 sec
1/4 mile- 14.03 sec

with the BMS stage 1

0-60- 4.97 sec
1/4 mile- 13.54 sec

I was blown away that the stage one achieved numbers like that. Very satisfied and great product. Not bad for a 4 cyl turbo
(#1432)
Old

Car: bmw 328i
Default 2013 BMW 328i xdrive sedan with BMS stage1 results - 08-04-2017, 12:21 PM

I own a 2013 BMW 328i xdrive sedan.

I used a onboard gtech meter to get my stock and BMS stage 1 results.

My stock numbers were pretty close to Motor Trend, Road and Track, and Car and Driver

Here they are:

Stock:

0-60- 5.61 sec
1/4 mile- 14.03 sec

with the BMS stage 1

0-60- 4.97 sec
1/4 mile- 13.54 sec

I was blown away that the stage one achieved numbers like that. Very satisfied and great product. Not bad for a 4 cyl turbo
(#1433)
Old

Car: wrx
Default 08-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on adding the oil, water, and trans temperatures back to the N20 EWG firmware. If anyone has a chance to help test it out email me!
I have a 2015 f30 320i I can test it out!
(#1434)
Old

Default 08-09-2017, 04:14 AM

Hi Terry,

Inside the JB4 user adjustment settings, what does "default wastegate position" actually do? Default is 60, what happens if it is changed to 0? Btw, car is pwg.
(#1435)
Old

Default 08-09-2017, 08:44 AM

Can anyone please send link for "N20_OBDII_PWG_3.hex" and "N20_OBDII_PWG_4.hex" for some testing purpose?

Thanks!!
(#1436)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-11-2017, 01:36 PM

I have an E89 Z4 - so have to use the special firmware, and have an EWG.

Had JB4 for over 3 years - and thinking about having meth injection.

Does BMS Meth kit, work with an Z4 E89?

Z4 E89 28i: JB4: DE-C8tted: KW3 Coilovers
(#1437)
Old

Car: F30
Default Yesterday, 05:32 AM

hi i think there's a...bug? with the 5_ewg firmware with map5. Setting FOL any higher then 0/50 (e.g 70) will result in reduce output of both hp & lp fuel pump values (opposite lol?)...enough get a fuel below target limp. Its also seems to make DSC very hyper and keen on fuel cut even in Sport+ over rough road.

lower to 50 = zero fuel issues? Otherwise this f/w has, compare to previous amazing driveability & response for a full auto tune map

edit: forgot, i dont think it makes a difference but the lpfp is a walbro 450.

Last edited by porschelauren; Yesterday at 05:37 AM..
(#1438)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 11:28 AM

If you need tuning help post a log and details in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1439)
Old

Car: wrx
Default Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Hey guys, I accidentally removed the obd2 can from my car with the engine running.

The car presented a error code, something related to flex fuel rail short to ground.

I cleared the code, restarted the car and everything is ok

Is there anything serious that can happen from this?
(#1440)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozy
Can anyone please send link for "N20_OBDII_PWG_3.hex" and "N20_OBDII_PWG_4.hex" for some testing purpose?

Thanks!!
Latest firmware is suggested to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
I have an E89 Z4 - so have to use the special firmware, and have an EWG.

Had JB4 for over 3 years - and thinking about having meth injection.

Does BMS Meth kit, work with an Z4 E89?
You need to check the bms shop page or contact them for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargorbr
Hey guys, I accidentally removed the obd2 can from my car with the engine running.

The car presented a error code, something related to flex fuel rail short to ground.

I cleared the code, restarted the car and everything is ok

Is there anything serious that can happen from this?
Hopefully was an error due to the missing signal. If no other warning appears all is good.
(#1441)
Old

Car: 320i 2013
Default Today, 05:39 AM

Hi

I have a 2013 320i ewg with jb4. Thinking about getting ******* ********. Would i gain much performance? Does it work with map5? Do i risk damaging my engine because of to much power? Will i get cel?