N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old

Car: 335i xdrve/m-sport
Default 07-19-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The THR template has a less sensitive throttle mapping in it.
Is there a pump THR version?

2011 335i x-drive MSport: MHD E85_BEF + JB4 ISO 5.15 / Pure Stage 2 / Stage 2 LPFP (bucketless) / N20 TMAP / BMS Intake / ER CP / VRSF ** / VRSF 7" FMIC
(#827)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 07:20 PM

No but we can make one if you want. I'll probably rename THR to "stock throttle" to more clearly distinguish them.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#828)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
No but we can make one if you want. I'll probably rename THR to "stock throttle" to more clearly distinguish them.
If it his better compatibility with xHP, then I think that would be very beneficial. Thanks Terry!

2011 335i x-drive MSport: MHD E85_BEF + JB4 ISO 5.15 / Pure Stage 2 / Stage 2 LPFP (bucketless) / N20 TMAP / BMS Intake / ER CP / VRSF ** / VRSF 7" FMIC
(#829)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 N55 335i Coupe M-Sport
Default 07-19-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
If a lager number of people report issues with the xHP and MHD back end flash map then we'll continue working on changes. So far only one car reported issues and throttle changes reported to have corrected it.
Terry, I am having the same issue with the JB4 BEF and xHP. (timing pulls for torque limit issues). Alpina works fine.

Above MHD stated when flashing MT nothing changes, but when flashing AT things do change. What tables change (i'd like to leave those as stock so the transmission can see actual torque values)? I am going to make a custom MHD BEF for JB4 to work with xHP that acts as a MHD map with MT option selected. In a previous post you stated to change the torque eff divisor to match the stock map in the BEF. However, I have the 2-23-17 version of the BEF for E85_PI and that table matches the table in the stock bin in the 2-23-17 version.

Also I noticed:
The latest BEF E85_PI torque eff divisor table has different values then the latest stock torque eff divisor table.
(#830)
Old

Default 07-23-2017, 07:35 AM

So with this, you choose the flash MHD custom map option (with MT checkbox selected), and then flash the JB4 BEF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306
Terry, I am having the same issue with the JB4 BEF and xHP. (timing pulls for torque limit issues). Alpina works fine.

Above MHD stated when flashing MT nothing changes, but when flashing AT things do change. What tables change (i'd like to leave those as stock so the transmission can see actual torque values)? I am going to make a custom MHD BEF for JB4 to work with xHP that acts as a MHD map with MT option selected. In a previous post you stated to change the torque eff divisor to match the stock map in the BEF. However, I have the 2-23-17 version of the BEF for E85_PI and that table matches the table in the stock bin in the 2-23-17 version.

Also I noticed:
The latest BEF E85_PI torque eff divisor table has different values then the latest stock torque eff divisor table.

(#831)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 07-27-2017, 07:18 PM

I'm also having trouble with the JB4 mhd backend flash working with XHP. Just not smooth as it was with just the MHD and xHP. Sometimes when going into 3rd gear it get jerky. Take out the jb4 and problem solved. Would be nice if I could run Jb4 mhd and xhp together �� I'm I the only one having Xhp and jb4 backend flash problems?
(#832)
Old

Car: E92-335i-N55-2011
Default 07-28-2017, 03:14 AM

Also having problem here with the last software update, (jb4 & mhd)
Car is feeling jerky in the first 3 gears when flooring it,
Also the watertemp is not working on the mobile app

E92 335i 2011 N55 | JB4 G5 ISO | M Performance Exhaust | BMS ** | Wagner evo 2 comp Intercooler | BMS catchcan | BMS Chargepipe | MHD FLASH
(#833)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335xi Msport
Default 07-30-2017, 01:51 PM

is there an E85 PI map that is a little less aggressive with fueling?

My problem with the cobb maps is to run straight E85 and a TBI the trims go waay rich when it kicks in. this is with the fuel-it PI maps.

This certainly sounds easier to tune as modifying my cobb maps always seems to brick the car.
(#834)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2017, 02:06 PM

Toss Cobb, load MHD, and evaluate our existing BEF maps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#835)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335xi Msport
Default 07-30-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Toss Cobb, load MHD, and evaluate our existing BEF maps.
Yeah thats my plan. the thing has been nothing but a pain.
(#836)
Old

Default 08-02-2017, 08:49 AM

Hi,

I ave N55 pump BEF (latest version) flashed and c4tless DwnPipe. I'm still getting 3106 codes and SES light. Anyone else have this issue? I did not check the OEM/Catted DwnPipe box when I flashed

(#837)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Default maps do not disable it. You'd have to modify them in tuner pro manually or contact MHD for help on that if living outside the USA or using for competition race use only.

Burger Motorsports

(#838)
Old

Default 08-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Default maps do not disable it. You'd have to modify them in tuner pro manually or contact MHD for help on that if living outside the USA or using for competition race use only.

Thanks for the quick response Terry!

Any update on the "stock throttle" option for the non-E85 BEFs?

(#839)
Old

Car: 2013 135i M Sport
Default 08-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Any updates on the BEF for the new MEVD1726 BT Unlocked vehicles?
(#840)
Old

Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 08-09-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganque
Any updates on the BEF for the new MEVD1726 BT Unlocked vehicles?
+1

2012 135i N55 DCT Cabonschwarz Metallic
--- JB4 w/ BMS BEF / Pure Stage 2 / Pure Inlet Pipe / DV+ / TBI / Wagner D-P / Wagner FMIC / BMS Intake / Cobb CP / Stage 2 LPFP / 19" VMR V703's / Eibach Pro / Blackline LCI's / RIEGER ---