N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default Black Market Parts stage 3LPFP - 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM

I have not heard about running this companies setup so here is my $0.02 on the parts , fit and overall performance. Company is bm-parts.com . It a alternative to other fuel companies supplying the n54 market. Not here to bash the competition but I decided to use the because I can source individual parts instead of a complete plug and play kit . I believe for people like me that like to tinker and build there own setups it is a good option.
For the time being my setup is dual walbro 450 in a bucketless setup . I'm running the first one on factory connection and second on a Hobbs switch that activates a relay to supply fused battery power to turn on the second part.
Bm-p.com sell a harness but I build my own. Only problem I found on there products was the Bundt to walbro fitting, the o ring inside seemed slightly to big so I replaced it with my own . I also ran a second o ring on the pumps below the first barb on the pump just for extra sealing. Overall I'm happy with the bracket , fittings and hose assy and it comes at a reasonable price and allows it to grow with your needs.
Attached Images
  


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 04-08-2018, 03:54 PM

O ring on the right is the of and my replacements
Are double of each
Attached Images
    


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 04-08-2018, 03:58 PM

Yes the top hat is backwards . Only other thing I did to this setup is drill a hole in pump bracket to attach the plastic string that holds the bucket to top hat . Also not pictured are my connection for the second pump I drilled in the top hat and ran 5mm stainless steel screws , washers and locknut's to give me a connection point for the second pump. I installed this setup yesterday and runs flawlessly without the second pump being connected , rain storm came in and I left it be untill I find time this week to run my harness for the second pump.


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
stickz23 stickz23 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 45
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: e92 335i
Default 04-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrzeChuj
Yes the top hat is backwards . Only other thing I did to this setup is drill a hole in pump bracket to attach the plastic string that holds the bucket to top hat . Also not pictured are my connection for the second pump I drilled in the top hat and ran 5mm stainless steel screws , washers and locknut's to give me a connection point for the second pump. I installed this setup yesterday and runs flawlessly without the second pump being connected , rain storm came in and I left it be untill I find time this week to run my harness for the second pump.
Any updates on the second pump. This build looks similar to what I want to accomplish.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 04-21-2018, 06:06 PM

Everything is good. Put in in last weekend, runs good. Get a better throttle response on higher rpm and gas mileage dropped a nudge. I have a few logs that show a good constant 72 psi no drop off on lpfp pressure as I seen before I my logs . I am going to adjust my Hobbs switch to activate relay around 15psi now I have it around 12psi


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Snowman Snowman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 212
Join Date: May 2017
Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-03-2018, 08:54 AM

Where did you connect your hobb switch?
Ive orderd BMP's full fuel kit last week with PI. Hoping it will arrive in the next 2weeks
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 06-03-2018, 09:39 AM

Your car has a vacuum line running from the engine bay on driver side to the real on the driver side. It is what controlls the exhaust fume flap o, factory exhaust. The vacuum in that system is not connected to ur manifold pressure but to a vacuum pump .
U disconnect it under,the hood and cap of the end going to thd engine so u dont suck anything in the vacuum pump and damage it. I then connected the line with a tee fitting to the hose for my,blowoff valve which is easiest . on the opposite end behind driver,side,tail light u have a acctuator that controlled the exhaust flap. I'm running aftermarket exhaust so it has been disconnected,long ago. I pulled the hose,off that comes from the engine bay and not the one going down to exhaust. That hose is where my hobbs switch is connected. I used the red wire from the connector from the actuator to connect to one terminal on hobbs switch. The wire is only powered up with ignition on so it gives u a safety feature. The other terminal of hobbs switch is ran to my rely I have by the battery and activates,the relay at desired psi. I have battery positive from the battery ofcourse ran to a fuse and into the relay and then to the pump.

If you want I can take some pictures and draw u a simple schematic to make it easier for u to understand. Instead of paying for the wiring harness.


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Snowman Snowman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 212
Join Date: May 2017
Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrzeChuj
Your car has a vacuum line running from the engine bay on driver side to the real on the driver side. It is what controlls the exhaust fume flap o, factory exhaust. The vacuum in that system is not connected to ur manifold pressure but to a vacuum pump .
U disconnect it under,the hood and cap of the end going to thd engine so u dont suck anything in the vacuum pump and damage it. I then connected the line with a tee fitting to the hose for my,blowoff valve which is easiest . on the opposite end behind driver,side,tail light u have a acctuator that controlled the exhaust flap. I'm running aftermarket exhaust so it has been disconnected,long ago. I pulled the hose,off that comes from the engine bay and not the one going down to exhaust. That hose is where my hobbs switch is connected. I used the red wire from the connector from the actuator to connect to one terminal on hobbs switch. The wire is only powered up with ignition on so it gives u a safety feature. The other terminal of hobbs switch is ran to my rely I have by the battery and activates,the relay at desired psi. I have battery positive from the battery ofcourse ran to a fuse and into the relay and then to the pump.

If you want I can take some pictures and draw u a simple schematic to make it easier for u to understand. Instead of paying for the wiring harness.
Aah thanks for the explanation!
I have the stock exhaust, but i assume it woulde still be fine to remove that vacum line or what does that feature do?
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 06-03-2018, 02:22 PM

The ehaust flap basically opens and closes in ur driver side exhaust pipe to male the car sound quiter when I start it up. Disconnect the connector and ur ehaust tone will jave a bit more bass to it. Basically sounds alot better . I did it before I got a aftermarket exhaust.


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 06-03-2018, 02:24 PM

Google n54 exhaust flap for more info. But guarentted u will like it more, they also have a tendency to rattle


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Snowman Snowman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 212
Join Date: May 2017
Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrzeChuj
Google n54 exhaust flap for more info. But guarentted u will like it more, they also have a tendency to rattle
Haha, thanks for the advice!
Will def have a look at that.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
PrzeChuj PrzeChuj is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 181
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 08 335i
Default 06-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Only draw back is u will definitely want to get a exhaust afterwards to make ur car sound even better.
Which is a good thing


e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com