N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1676)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-10-2017, 08:28 PM

Hoping within the weeks =)


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
Reply With Quote
(#1677)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-10-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've been helping a lot of Q50/Q60 customers via email and a lot of new Stage1 and JB4 systems are going out.

Our intakes came in but I wasn't happy with how one of the brackets turned out in the production run those remain pending. Hopefully ready before 2019.

And we've got some firmware updates we're evaluating on this end. Per usual, nothing to share publicly.
Better right than close enough - Thanks Terry!!
Reply With Quote
(#1678)
Old
TorchikRS TorchikRS is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 12-11-2017, 01:04 AM

I hope I don’t have to settle for some Stillen intakes cuz that’s what it looks like ��
Reply With Quote
(#1679)
Old
ralphie1313 ralphie1313 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2017
Car: 2018 q50 red sport
Default 12-11-2017, 05:26 AM

sorry for these types of ? I'm new to this stuff so I keep debating which to go with stage 1 or the jb4 I believe the difference is the stage one is set u cannot change settings, so my ? is on the jb4 is there all ready preset modes for different power levels or do u have to enter everything yourself?

thanks
Reply With Quote
(#1680)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-11-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie1313
sorry for these types of ? I'm new to this stuff so I keep debating which to go with stage 1 or the jb4 I believe the difference is the stage one is set u cannot change settings, so my ? is on the jb4 is there all ready preset modes for different power levels or do u have to enter everything yourself?

thanks
Think of the JB1 as a raw power boost - which you can adjust with a couple of parameters via a cable and/or usb connection to the JB4 application (see post #1.) The JB4 is the big brother version (or upgrade to a JB1) which includes all the JB1 features as well as CANbus Data via an additional connector. This additional data allows the JB4 to capture and log far more data points and thereby allow for fine tuning. Most folks start with the JB1 (seriously consider the JB4 Bluetooth Connector - very convenient) and then upgrade to the JB4.
Reply With Quote
(#1681)
Old
BlueSleeper BlueSleeper is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 Red Sport
Default 12-11-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Better right than close enough - Thanks Terry!!
Yes, and if you would like to see what happens when "close enough" becomes the standard, just take a look at how that worked out for Stillen.

Terry, thanks for your conservative, get it right approach.
Reply With Quote
(#1682)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,708
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 12-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchikRS
I hope I donít have to settle for some Stillen intakes cuz thatís what it looks like ��
It's just the nature of the intake business. There is still a chance we get everything perfect looking on this end, send a few out, and it turns out some specific DME software version or vehicle throws a fault with them that we didn't uncover in our testing. But the project is slowly chugging forward and we've got a warehouse full of awesome looking CNC machined intakes that *should* work perfectly, once a specific bracket is remade for them.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1683)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's just the nature of the intake business. There is still a chance we get everything perfect looking on this end, send a few out, and it turns out some specific DME software version or vehicle throws a fault with them that we didn't uncover in our testing. But the project is slowly chugging forward and we've got a warehouse full of awesome looking CNC machined intakes that *should* work perfectly, once a specific bracket is remade for them.
We wonít have to update our DME software version right?


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
Reply With Quote
(#1684)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,708
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 12-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
We wonít have to update our DME software version right?
If it turns out the intake problems are DME software version specific then that would become a factor. I expect and hope our design will work for all versions without issue.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1685)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,708
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 12-11-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie1313
sorry for these types of ? I'm new to this stuff so I keep debating which to go with stage 1 or the jb4 I believe the difference is the stage one is set u cannot change settings, so my ? is on the jb4 is there all ready preset modes for different power levels or do u have to enter everything yourself?

thanks
The basic idea is the Stage1 is the sort of tuner you can buy, install in literally 2 minutes, and enjoy a nice power gain. The JB4 is a more advanced tuner with more user adjustment, maps, and features, but it costs $100 more and takes another 15-20min to install routing the OBDII cable.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1686)
Old
Chiller Chiller is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2016 Q50 Silver Sport
Question water leak? - JB4? - 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM

Hey folks,
With the coming of colder weather, I've noticed condensation on the inside of my windows and wet carpet on the drivers side rear floor. Upon further inspection, it seems that there is dampness in the area around the grommet where I passed the cable through the firewall for the OBDII cable. Has anyone else had an issue with this? Any thoughts on an non-detectable way to seal it or an alternate way to pass the cable through? I've heard others have had issues with sunroof drains - so may be unrelated...comments welcome!

Thanks
Reply With Quote
(#1687)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-11-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller
Hey folks,
With the coming of colder weather, I've noticed condensation on the inside of my windows and wet carpet on the drivers side rear floor. Upon further inspection, it seems that there is dampness in the area around the grommet where I passed the cable through the firewall for the OBDII cable. Has anyone else had an issue with this? Any thoughts on an non-detectable way to seal it or an alternate way to pass the cable through? I've heard others have had issues with sunroof drains - so may be unrelated...comments welcome!

Thanks
Oh wow I have the same exact issue (rear driver seat) but I noticed mine when I went for a car wash, I have the weather tech mats and the guy told it out and he said you have water inside and it was soaked. Someone told me it could be the drain, I told it to my local mechanic to check the drains he said it looks fine the drain. So now since you mention by the grommet part I have not even checked that part to see if there was any moisture. I donít wanna take it to the dealer cause of the aftermarket parts I have.one of these days Iím gonna check the grommet area to see if there is any moisture around that area, Iíll post when if I do and if it crosses my mind Iíll take some pictures


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
Reply With Quote
(#1688)
Old
Rs400newbie Rs400newbie is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 12-11-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Oh wow I have the same exact issue (rear driver seat) but I noticed mine when I went for a car wash, I have the weather tech mats and the guy told it out and he said you have water inside and it was soaked. Someone told me it could be the drain, I told it to my local mechanic to check the drains he said it looks fine the drain. So now since you mention by the grommet part I have not even checked that part to see if there was any moisture. I donít wanna take it to the dealer cause of the aftermarket parts I have.one of these days Iím gonna check the grommet area to see if there is any moisture around that area, Iíll post when if I do and if it crosses my mind Iíll take some pictures
Apply black or clear silicone sealant on the top part of the grommet.
Reply With Quote
(#1689)
Old
Esco Esco is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 335i
Default 12-11-2017, 05:27 PM

Had the same exact issue. My drivers side rear mat had condensation on the bottom. After taking it to the dealership (had a horrible experience) and not having my car for a week they diagnosed the problem being the grommet that I installed my JB4 through. Per the dealer the groument had losen from the firewall and every time I would take it through the wash the following morning I would open my door only to smell mildew.
Reply With Quote
(#1690)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Apply black or clear silicone sealant on the top part of the grommet.
Yeah thatís probably what Iím gonna try next thanks man


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
Reply With Quote
(#1691)
Old
RS400BLUE RS400BLUE is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: Q50 Red sport
Default 12-12-2017, 04:40 PM

I had the same problem and it was absolutely annoying. Now my car is smelling like water I need to fix that. Please help me figure out how to fix this grommet issue. Its pretty big issue.
Reply With Quote
(#1692)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,708
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 12-12-2017, 05:16 PM

Not had any issues here on the grommet and I do a drive through car wash weekly. But if you want to fully seal it push the grommet back in fully over the CANbus wire, which is relatively thin.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1693)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-12-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not had any issues here on the grommet and I do a drive through car wash weekly. But if you want to fully seal it push the grommet back in fully over the CANbus wire, which is relatively thin.
Same here - no issues with car washes (granted I have not done an engine compartment cleaning.) As for the grommet - I did fully seal it as Terry suggested so that maybe the delta in why dozens of rainy driving and car washes has not resulted in water infiltration of the cabin.
Reply With Quote
(#1694)
Old
ekpogi ekpogi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50
Default Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Same here - no issues with car washes (granted I have not done an engine compartment cleaning.) As for the grommet - I did fully seal it as Terry suggested so that maybe the delta in why dozens of rainy driving and car washes has not resulted in water infiltration of the cabin.
I have no issues here as well, although i think car wash would pour more water into that area than engine cleaning.

Perhaps some people we're very excited to test out JB4 and didn't bother enough to properly secure the grommet in place Not to mention, putting back the grommet is also not as easy as it may seem.
Reply With Quote
(#1695)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
I have no issues here as well, although i think car wash would pour more water into that area than engine cleaning.

Perhaps some people we're very excited to test out JB4 and didn't bother enough to properly secure the grommet in place Not to mention, putting back the grommet is also not as easy as it may seem.
Here is a photo of my install for reference.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
(#1696)
Old
Chiller Chiller is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2016 Q50 Silver Sport
Default Today, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Here is a photo of my install for reference.
My install looked very similar, in that the grommet appeared to be seated. There was no car wash or engine bay cleaning involved - just a very rainy night. The car was parked with the front end slightly elevated. Silicone, might be an option, but I would prefer a technique where nothing is left behind when the cable is removed....
Reply With Quote
(#1697)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,708
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Today, 12:53 PM

Are you sure anything is leaking in through that grommet? Seems unlikely given its placement. As a test maybe tape a paper towel or two there so we can figure out exactly how its getting in? One option might be to place the OBDII cable at the very bottom of the grommet so when you push it in the top part is more fully sealed if yours isn't currently.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com