N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion > General > Regional Forums > Southeast USA
Reload this Page Raleigh Area Walnut blasting and general BMW service.. Best cost and quality!!!!

(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 535i X Drive
Default Raleigh Area Walnut blasting and general BMW service.. Best cost and quality!!!! - 04-24-2018, 07:47 PM

I'm on another BMW board much more often... but I've lurked here for a while. Wanted to share my experience with Hondakow0507. We talked last year on this board regarding some of the issues my 09 535xi had. He shot me a PM letting me know he'd help if I wanted to. I picked his brain about a few things.. he gave me advice and direction over the phone prior to even having him work on my car! I am in Charlotte and at the time, he was in Winston Salem. By the time I worked out my schedule (and got some money together) he moved to Raleigh. I was still so confident in his desire/ability to do quality work for me based on our conversations and pics he sent of other things he was working on in the meantime... I decided the 3 hour ride was worth it.

I dropped my car off a few weeks ago for the following:
Valve cover and gasket
Oil filter housing gasket
new silicon vacuum lines
New plugs
Walnut blast
JB4 cable install
Oil Catch can install

This was the plan at the start... Once Mark got into it he warned me that some of my coolant lines looked like they had seen better days.

When I tell you I've never met someone so detail oriented... I am not exaggerating. He documented every step of the process. EVERY step. He took before and after pics of each intake port... each spark plug... each brittle and broken tab... A level of service you'd NEVER get from a dealer. I would get an angry email from the admins if I tried to attach every picture he sent me... I will post what I can to get the point across. Long story short... I want to recommend anyone in the area to send him a message if you need maintenance, walnut blast or even bigger repairs. He's a top notch mechanic, and a top notch guy (which for me is just as important)

Operations begin

Walnut blast of cylinder 5 before

Walnut Blast of Cylinder 5 after

Walnut Blast of cylinder 3 before

Walnut Blast of cylinder 3 after

everything was in order and accounted for by where it was removed

A leak is not what I had... this was.. more...

After the old gasket was cleaned off, prepping for the new VCG

"Hey David these lines right here dont look so good at the connectors. We may want to replace them while we are in here'

'Remember that line I mentioned?'

This oil filter housing had been leaking for a loooong time...

Honestly.. I think this is the same part after cleaning it up... but he recorded no less than 150 pictures of the process (without me asking mind you) start to finish and I just kinda lost my place.

Anybody who wants more pics or information, I will gladly speak to them regarding my experience with him. Even a few hours away... any needs I have with my Beemer... will be addressed by Mark. A+ guy, with A+ ability and A+ pricing... Please feel free to message me with other pics you want to see or questions.

Last edited by KingDavidsCourt; 04-24-2018 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: PIC HEAVY
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Looks great. So is he in Raleigh or WS? If you would, please PM me info on his pricing, I cant seem to find anyone local to help me with the walnut service, and at this point even a 4h drive to Raleigh would be worth it to have it done perfectly like your pics.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread