Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc
brand new the X1 or the chip?
JB4
(#1628)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2018, 10:13 AM

The X1 is a unique setup and we ship it with X1 firmware ready to go. It's harness is also different. You should not need to do anything but if settings were purged somehow trying to get connected then you'll just need to fix those. Set TMAP = 0 though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1629)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 28i xDrive
Default 05-28-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Set TMAP = 0 though.
Thanks, that's good to know, since I had set TMAP = 1 per the instructions on page 1 for EWG vs PWG
(#1630)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 04:18 PM

Still running into problems with the adjusted settings. Had two instances of it resetting to Map 0.

I'm attaching three logs:

The first one stopped logging before I saw any changes. Do the logs have a size/time limit? - This one ended up being to large to attach

The second and third are instances of the map changing from 1 to 0. The funny thing I don't see how I did anything that would have caused this as I was tooling along at 25 mph through a neighborhood in both instances.

Please let me know if anything else looks out of whack in the settings.

Also, what does it mean when the two turn signals (aka hazards) flash? This happened to me a couple of times when I put my foot into it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-29 16_18_54.csv (82.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2018-05-29 16_21_02.csv (44.4 KB, 10 views)
(#1631)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 09:50 AM

I don't see that it should impact anything, but one added note is that I am using the bluetooth adapter.
(#1632)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 12:24 PM

Let's start with the basics. I used this information from page 1 of the thread to configure my JB4 (see attachment).

Combined with setting TMAP = 0 per Terry, is this the correct configuration for the X1?

If not, can you point me to where I can get the correct information.
Attached Images

(#1633)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 12:30 PM

Tmap is value at 1, should be at 0 IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1634)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Tmap is value at 1, should be at 0 IIRC.
I'll double-check that.

I know I went in and set it to 0 after Terry told me that was what it should be.
(#1635)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 01:08 PM

Verified that N20 TMAP = 0 (could the 1 you are seeing be the TMAP Voltage?), but I did find that Auto Shift Boost Reduction was set to 0 rather than 10.

I changed that, but won't get a chance to try things until I leave work.
(#1636)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot
Verified that N20 TMAP = 0 (could the 1 you are seeing be the TMAP Voltage?), but I did find that Auto Shift Boost Reduction was set to 0 rather than 10.

I changed that, but won't get a chance to try things until I leave work.
No worries, try that for now and report back. Make a thread in the support section so we can get back to you there.

Burger Motorsports

(#1637)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 03:35 PM

It's only one trip, but this was the first time I completed my commute home or to work with without the map changing.
(#1638)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
It's only one trip, but this was the first time I completed my commute home or to work with without the map changing.
Okay perfect, that's a good sign then!

Burger Motorsports

(#1639)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 03:46 PM

I've noticed my hazards flash when I really put my foot into it. Is this an RPM related warning, as it looks like it is happening at about 6500 RPM?
(#1640)
Old

Default 05-31-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No worries, try that for now and report back. Make a thread in the support section so we can get back to you there.
Thanks, had one good trip but then had the issue again this morning (unfortunately didn't get a log for it). So as suggested I started a thread in the support section.
(#1641)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks, had one good trip but then had the issue again this morning (unfortunately didn't get a log for it). So as suggested I started a thread in the support section.
I'll take a look

Burger Motorsports

(#1642)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 06-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Hi All - I hit the dyno in the 320i w/ Meth. Huge thank you to Ando @ Burger, he has been tremendous to work with on reviewing logs and overall support of the many questions I had.

Also, dynoing a car in Chicago is damn near impossible. Josh, ***hy, and Chris were all a pleasure to work with at P&L Motorsports (Subaru WRX shop). Very knowledgeable, and they were able to support my exact dyno plan in a quick hour over lunch. From setup to multiple runs on different JB4 maps, it was quick and efficient all from my iPad and the JB4 Connect Kit.

Car Details:
Model: 320i, RWD
Engine: N20
Intake: AFE Momentum
Turbo: OEM
Plumbing: ER Turbo to Intercooler & Chargepipe
Intercooler: VRSF Street
EDP: OEM
Exhaust: AWE w/ Mid-pipe
Tune: JB4
Meth Kit: Burger Tuning w/ CM7 Nozzle (Stealth Tank, Pump, FSB, etc...). WMI Boost Additive Setting of "55"
Methanol: Boost Juice
Fuel: 30% E85 / 70% 93 Octane

I did 3 runs of each JB4 map to make sure results were accurate and repeatable.
Map 0 - JB4 Off
Map 5 - JB4 320i Autotuning Map
Map 3 - JB4 Methanol Map

The boost levels achieved on each map were the following:
Map 0 - 8lbs
Map 5 - 16lbs
Map 3 - 22lbs

HP / TQ Numbers (Wheel) were the following:
Map 0 - 191 / 189
Map 5 - 245 / 254
Map 3 - 270 / 291

Overall I'm happy with the car. With the 320i being stripped down and RWD, when it goes into "Meth mode" you can certainly feel it. Watching the IAT decrease in temp vs. increase is great too. I hope to move to a 340i in a couple of years, but where I'm at in life, I'm certainly happy with the gains.

Happy to answer any questions for anyone considering the installation. I think I was able to complete the install quite cleanly between the trunk and engine bay.

https://ibb.co/gvi3VT
https://ibb.co/kXiRjo
https://ibb.co/b2Hmjo
https://ibb.co/d6VTx8
https://ibb.co/czbOVT
https://ibb.co/eAY3VT
https://ibb.co/erLHqT

(#1643)
Old

Car: 320i
Default 06-25-2018, 08:06 PM

What’s new in N20_OBDII_EWG_6_T5.hex?
(#1644)
Old

Car: Bmw z4 e89 20i stage 3
Default 06-30-2018, 09:28 AM

Hi all guys, (sorry for my inglish)
I would like some advice on setting map 6.
different my changes.
bmw e90 n20 pneumatics wastgate.
with map 5 the car is slower than map 2.
in map 2 I get about 20psi.
my changes are:
- increased intercooler.
- direct air intake
- erase catalyst
- chargepipe
- complete Exhaust 70mm
- increased turbocharger.
I would like to reach the right setting with 24 psi turbo pressure.
I enter log.

please @Terry @ BMS help me..
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-27 22_26_00 3 shift map 2.csv (11.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-27 22_26_45 4 shift map 2.csv (15.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Gruietta; 06-30-2018 at 09:34 AM..
(#1645)
Old

Car: Bmw z4 e89 20i stage 3
Default 07-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruietta
Hi all guys, (sorry for my inglish)
I would like some advice on setting map 6.
different my changes.
bmw e90 n20 pneumatics wastgate.
with map 5 the car is slower than map 2.
in map 2 I get about 20psi.
my changes are:
- increased intercooler.
- direct air intake
- erase catalyst
- chargepipe
- complete Exhaust 70mm
- increased turbocharger.
I would like to reach the right setting with 24 psi turbo pressure.
I enter log.

please @Terry @ BMS help me..
Explain best here. With log
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53917
(#1646)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i F30
Default 07-15-2018, 03:01 AM

is there a JB4 interface manual available?
ie an explanation of what everything means and its impact?

thanks
(#1647)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-16-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz
is there a JB4 interface manual available?
ie an explanation of what everything means and its impact?

thanks
Of course

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Burger Motorsports

(#1648)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
you are a legend. thanks
(#1649)
Old

Default 07-18-2018, 12:01 AM

Does burgertuning do a air intake mod for the 520i models?
(#1650)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz
Does burgertuning do a air intake mod for the 520i models?
We don't, sorry. Not enough demand :/

Burger Motorsports