N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 03-25-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Oh hey look, someone blatantly ripped off half of the Defiv Lockdown kit design!
FYI this was designed in EU by people who haven't even heard of DefiV
(#27)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 03-25-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
FYI this was designed in EU by people who haven't even heard of DefiV
I'm sorry, but that's complete BS. Anyone with two eyes and a brain can tell where they got their design from. The Defiv kit has been out for YEARS now, with a ton of people running it. There's no way they hadn't seen it. If you are going to post on here and state otherwise, then you're a complete liar as well.

This is almost a clone. Defiv kit pictured below:
Attached Images

(#28)
Old

Default 03-25-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
I'm sorry, but that's complete BS. Anyone with two eyes and a brain can tell where they got their design from. The Defiv kit has been out for YEARS now, with a ton of people running it. There's no way they hadn't seen it. If you are going to post on here and state otherwise, then you're a complete liar as well.

This is almost a clone. Defiv kit pictured below:
...and you assume that Devif are the only people on earth with two eyes and a brain?
I'm bringing this from EU and similarities are purely accidental believe it or not.
(#29)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 03-25-2015, 03:39 PM

'wow, what a blatant direct copy, as well as the first post mentioning up front that you're "not affiliated with any other company or entity.. you had the fore site to say that, but never knew of the #1 maker of something you directly copied? interesting..

Whats the full cost including shipping since you're in the EU?
(#30)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 6MT
Default 03-25-2015, 07:46 PM

Who cares if it's a copy . If it works the same and is cost effective the community wins
(#31)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 03-26-2015, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddang06
Who cares if it's a copy . If it works the same and is cost effective the community wins
It's also called a competition which lowers the price for the end costumer.
Btw Defiv kit was way overpriced and not even available for small diff when I checked their pathetic website. Also nobody returned my multiple calls there. Very poor costumer service.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#32)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
'wow, what a blatant direct copy, as well as the first post mentioning up front that you're "not affiliated with any other company or entity.. you had the fore site to say that, but never knew of the #1 maker of something you directly copied? interesting..

Whats the full cost including shipping since you're in the EU?
I knew of Defiv and "not affiliated" goes for me as I'm selling it here. However the manufacturer never knew of Defiv. That is my claim. You can decide for yourself if is true or false. It cost $210 shipped to your door.

Last edited by vwetish; 03-26-2015 at 11:39 AM..
(#33)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddang06
Thank you!
(#34)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-26-2015, 06:28 AM

What size are the bolts? How much longer are they compared to the stockers?
(#35)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 03-26-2015, 06:39 AM

vwetish,

Are you located in the states or in the EU?

2009 E82 135i: M6 / Alpine White / M-Sport / MHD Stage 1 / Performance Exhaust / Blackline Tails / CDV Mod / BMS PCV / Gloss Black Grilles

DCI's and exhaust things going on soon!!
(#36)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
vwetish,

Are you located in the states or in the EU?
I'm located in Chicago, Illinois where I immigrated from Skopje, Macedonia
I go back and forth few times a year and discover this recently.
Reason why I'm selling it is to help the BMW community and people back home as they don't even speak English.
They didn't copy DeviF. It was originally designed around diesel platforms.
People don't drive 335i and M3, 320d is the most common.
There are few n54 and e90post members that know me personally and could back up my claim.
However, I feel is little redundant.
(#37)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyo1987
What size are the bolts? How much longer are they compared to the stockers?
Its M10x35 10mm longer than stock. Same grade 10.9
(#38)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 07:52 AM

ok, so another blatant lie. its manufactured in europe, but costs 210 shipped in the US, which where you happen to live.. interesting.

its fine and copy someone else, but just say it and dont act stupid or innocent.
(#39)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
ok, so another blatant lie. its manufactured in europe, but costs 210 shipped in the US, which where you happen to live.. interesting.

its fine and copy someone else, but just say it and dont act stupid or innocent.
That is one very closed minded opinion! How much it should cost? Perhaps $750, which is how much you paid for yours.
Anyways, go ahead, write whatever, just gives me more exposure!
(#40)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 03-26-2015, 06:30 PM

I'm in chicago....I really don't care if it's copied or not...if it gives results that's all that matters.....willing to see this in person...pm me if still available with where you are located

2007 BMW 335i...M2 exhaust...Macht Schnell **'s...VRSF 7" FMIC...MM Performance inlet system.....VRSF Chargpipe with Tial BOV....MFACTORY LSD....MHD e60. Wedge tunING.........RB Stealths......N20 Tmap upgrade.....Steve Stage 2 450......H&R Race lowering springs...MT ET Streets 265/40/18 rear.....NGK 5992
(#41)
Old

Default 03-27-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast335i
I'm in chicago....I really don't care if it's copied or not...if it gives results that's all that matters.....willing to see this in person...pm me if still available with where you are located
Perfect. I'm in Uptown and expecting new package tomorrow. It will give you and opportunity to see that is really comes from abroad.
(#42)
Old

Default 03-27-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
That is one very closed minded opinion! How much it should cost? Perhaps $750, which is how much you paid for yours.
Anyways, go ahead, write whatever, just gives me more exposure!
Its not closed-minded, actually the opposite. Mine is much different than that blatant copy BTW, so there's no use comparing the 2.

So help us understand the process please. You purchase these from the "manufacturer" in Europe, and they ship to you in the US, at which point you sell them for $210 shipped anywhere in the U.S? Is that correct?

Also, i wouldnt believe the hype, there is such a thing as bad publicity. A great deal of people do not buy parts from people that have shaky and shady morals.

Any long term testing of your copied kit? You have already gone the cheapest route on supporting hardware, so Im now concerned about the strength and durability of the rest of the materials/components used.

You know what they say- "If you cant afford quality the first time, Hope you can afford to do it again"
(#43)
Old

Default 03-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Its not closed-minded, actually the opposite. Mine is much different than that blatant copy BTW, so there's no use comparing the 2.

So help us understand the process please. You purchase these from the "manufacturer" in Europe, and they ship to you in the US, at which point you sell them for $210 shipped anywhere in the U.S? Is that correct?

Also, i wouldnt believe the hype, there is such a thing as bad publicity. A great deal of people do not buy parts from people that have shaky and shady morals.

Any long term testing of your copied kit? You have already gone the cheapest route on supporting hardware, so Im now concerned about the strength and durability of the rest of the materials/components used.

You know what they say- "If you cant afford quality the first time, Hope you can afford to do it again"
I agree, there should not be any comparison between "mine" and "yours" as the later comes with ridiculous price tag. I knew I must have touched a sore spot there!
I might be a lot of things but not shaky and with shady morals and that is why I welcome all your attempts to give me "bad publicity"

Last edited by vwetish; 03-28-2015 at 06:53 PM..
(#44)
Old

Car: 335i E90
Default 03-28-2015, 07:04 PM

I bought one from vwetish and installed it last week. I have the following driveline and suspension mods:

* M3 subframe bushigs
* M3 control arms and toe links
* OS Gicken TCD LSD
* Delrin differential bushings
* UCC race transmission mounts with the aluminium top cups
* TCKline coilovers

Even with those mods, launching the car hard produced a lot of wheel hop, slow launches and sometimes "bump steer" as the rear wheel hops in a corner under power.

Not ANYMORE! This lockdown kit really works! The car has a lot more grip during launches. The wheel hop is virtually eliminated!

There is a bit more noise coming from my diff now, but I expected this. Most of my driveline bushings are 1 step below the solid metal ones, so increased NVH is normal and I sort of like it.

One tip: if it is possible, raise the rear end of the car on ramps. This will allow you to keep the weight of the car on the subframe and the suspension. Install the lockdown kit and adjust it with the car putting full weight on the wheels.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: DO NOT be overzealous when tightening the main bushing to the subframe. The subframe is hollow and it won't be long till you start squishing it from tightening the bolt.

In summary: this lockdown kit is perhaps the second most important driveline mod you can get after LSD.
(#45)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 08 535i - 03-29-2015, 02:46 AM

Can you make this kit for a 08 535i ?
(#46)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed92a
Can you make this kit for a 08 535i ?
No, sorry!
(#47)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I agree, there should not be any comparison between "mine" and "yours" as the later comes with ridiculous price tag. I knew I must have touched a sore spot there!
I might be a lot of things but not shaky and with shady morals and that is why I welcome all your attempts to give me "bad publicity"
Mine is more complicated and better performing than yours, but Thats because its a different application, so please, stop trying to say I overpaid, as you dont know what i have.

If your so welcoming of my questions, why dont you answer them instead of ignoring them?
(#48)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Mine is more complicated and better performing than yours, but Thats because its a different application, so please, stop trying to say I overpaid, as you dont know what i have.

If your so welcoming of my questions, why dont you answer them instead of ignoring them?
Because ignoring is the BEST solution to a conversation with a person as yourself.
(#49)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Because ignoring is the BEST solution to a conversation with a person as yourself.
Interesting approach, I guess "free publicity" doesnt work if its quality is thrown into question and subsequently ignored..
(#50)
Old

Default 03-29-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Interesting approach, I guess "free publicity" doesnt work if its quality is thrown into question and subsequently ignored..
After a trunk full of orders LostMarine still thinks that he must know something we all don't. But is fine, he can keep the "expertise" to himself. I'm just grateful that he single handedly double the number of views
Attached Images

Last edited by vwetish; 03-29-2015 at 01:37 PM..