N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM

So is the ultimate goal to never have to flash again due to different E mixtures and the DME to auto adjust and JB4 to read ethanol content?
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-27-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
So is the ultimate goal to never have to flash again due to different E mixtures and the DME to auto adjust and JB4 to read ethanol content?
Sounds on par with what it should be. Although, I would assume JB4 would be making the corrections for the E content.
(#28)
Old

Lightbulb 04-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_335i
Sounds on par with what it should be. Although, I would assume JB4 would be making the corrections for the E content.
Still confused how it would manipulate a flash to achieve the desired goal 🤔
(#29)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-27-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I'm unsure how much in depth control JB4 has over AFR and timing when it's run on a BEF. Maybe Terry can chime in on this and give us better explanation as to how this will actually function.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Correct. JB4 reads ethanol via sensor or virtual sensor and handles everything with its logic and the improved bef maps being developed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Its discussed that in detail in other threads like the one on bimmerboost.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 04-27-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Correct. JB4 reads ethanol via sensor or virtual sensor and handles everything with its logic and the improved bef maps being developed.
So I guess we would still need to flash to E85, pump, or race regardless with this feature but jb4 would automatically raise or lower timing/boost target, etc.. Based off of E content? I'd love to try the new update but I just lost compression on cyl 4&5 only at 70k miles.
(#33)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
but I just lost compression on cyl 4&5 only at 70k miles.
Oh no.. What did it?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#34)
Old

Default 04-27-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Oh no.. What did it?
Don't want to deviate from topic but not sure, could be a head gasket, valves or piston ring. I have theories how it caused one of the above to occur, but I won't tear into it until next month. If it's bottom end issue, I'm just going to build it.
(#35)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 04-29-2017, 08:24 PM

Great to hear!! There's a handful of its S63 owners who are basically at the limits of what tunes/stacking allows for our engine. I know a few people who are waiting to buy their JB4 because they think this is a hardware change, but this is only a firmware update, yes?

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2017, 08:22 AM

This thread is N54 specific, but we will be rolling most changes out to other platforms as we can. What the S63 needs is good at home flashing to tweak a back end flash. It's an MSD85 DME so should be easy to do. Maybe you can talk MHD in to adding it.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 04-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
...similar changes will be made across all JB4 platforms...
My bad, sounds like Protecon (the guy who linked me to this thread), myself and the guys who are discussing this on the GroupMe app have falsely gotten our hopes up that we'd get some trickle down benefits. I know for myself that using an E30 mix caused me to max out TRIMS no matter what I do, which isn't good for daily use.

Any validity to this post then since us getting the E85 firmware update sounds unlikely? He's ready to buy but seems he's holding off due to misinformation.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's

Last edited by m5james; 04-30-2017 at 11:17 AM..
(#38)
Old

Default 04-30-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
This thread is N54 specific, but we will be rolling most changes out to other platforms as we can. What the S63 needs is good at home flashing to tweak a back end flash. It's an MSD85 DME so should be easy to do. Maybe you can talk MHD in to adding it.
As an individual asking, I doubt they'll take it on, but if it's as easy as you say, I'll ask and see what happens.

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2017, 03:28 PM

Added the BETA twin turbo N54 firmware to the first post. Email me for the single turbo version.

With this new firmware the new options on the meth page are now active. I believe Donnie added them to the android JB4 mobile interface, and they are in the windows interface, the rest are on the way.

The new field "virtual sensor offset" is used to calibrate the virtual flex fuel sensor reading. The logic still needs some work but its getting closer and more data always helps. With our E85 back end flash maps, which run a scalar of 1.30 under lower loads, a value of 132 has been working well. Which is the default value. For the factory BEF and RACE/PUMP BEF we'll have to evaluate different values. And of course there might be car to car variances.

We're working on a calibration method but one option is to run straight PUMP which should be around E10 and then adjust the field until virtual flex fuel content hovers around 10.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2017, 04:49 PM

Added a few notes for v32.8

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 05-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Does this work on ST JB4 firmware 13.0?

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#42)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-05-2017, 10:15 PM

Hey Terry, if I have the fuel scalar at 1.40 for example, do I set the virtual sensor offset to 140 or does it not work that way and I would have to make adjustments to it to see what works?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#43)
Old

Default 05-06-2017, 06:59 AM

I keep getting kicked to safety map for value 5. Anyone else? I'm currently at a half mile event.

2012 335is DCT - JB4 - Fuel-it! - MHD - DocRace
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhm135
I keep getting kicked to safety map for value 5. Anyone else? I'm currently at a half mile event.
It's a fuel trims variance fault. Enable bank2 trim logging and let's see a log.

Also, a FUA setting of 65 disables that safety setting should you determine there isn't an actual problem.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Does this work on ST JB4 firmware 13.0?
Email for the latest ST firmware with these changes.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Hey Terry, if I have the fuel scalar at 1.40 for example, do I set the virtual sensor offset to 140 or does it not work that way and I would have to make adjustments to it to see what works?
I have not made a formula yet.. So, you'll have to play with it, and find a value that works.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 05-06-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Added the BETA twin turbo N54 firmware to the first post. Email me for the single turbo version.

With this new firmware the new options on the meth page are now active. I believe Donnie added them to the android JB4 mobile interface, and they are in the windows interface, the rest are on the way.

The new field "virtual sensor offset" is used to calibrate the virtual flex fuel sensor reading. The logic still needs some work but its getting closer and more data always helps. With our E85 back end flash maps, which run a scalar of 1.30 under lower loads, a value of 132 has been working well. Which is the default value. For the factory BEF and RACE/PUMP BEF we'll have to evaluate different values. And of course there might be car to car variances.

We're working on a calibration method but one option is to run straight PUMP which should be around E10 and then adjust the field until virtual flex fuel content hovers around 10.
Can't you use Ethanol sensor and analyzer to see what your content is and adjust accordingly for the virtual sensor?
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2017, 10:20 AM

We do but most don't have a physical sensor for calibration for their specific vehicles. Looking for a wider range of user data before publishing default values for various scalars.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 05-06-2017, 12:34 PM

Could you technically add e10, e15, e20 etc... And adjust according to that data or would there be other variances? I figure it would be more accurate to utilize your physical sensor to get better readings?
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2017, 12:55 PM

We need values from a variety of cars and conditions to evaluate the algorithm.

Burger Motorsports