For the pump someone know the boost ?
(#53)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335i xDrive
Default 10-28-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloked97one
For the pump someone know the boost ?
JB4 still handles boost control. Read the sticky post for the E series N55 JB4 to see the different maps and boost levels targeted.
(#54)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-28-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
HI

I don't have ethanol in my country .
what flash for me .
If you use pump gas you'll want the pump gas flash.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
12.6 @ 112MPH 92 Octane | 11.8 @ 120MPH E30 MHD
Custom MHD Tune | XHP Stage 3 | ER Chargepipe | VRSF 7in Intercooler | Methanol Injection | Performance Line D-P | Pure Inlet | Pure Stage 2 | Go Fast Bits DV+ | Diff Lockdown Bracket |

2014 E84 X1 35i - Stock For now 13.9 @ 99MPH 292 AWHP 300 AWTQ
(#55)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 10-28-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've actually made some good progress on that. On our car it was a combination of plugs and increasing fuel volume via port injection that solved it. Back pressure is also an issue but not until you get north of 25-26psi on a stage2 turbo.

Once you load the current BEF and I start seeing your logs I can probably point you in the right direction.
Terry, do you think the error in the Cobb fuel tables may be also a source of misfires? Sounds like adding fuel via PI helps compensate their error in the fuel tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I get there is some interest in trying out the new flash only maps but really once we finalize this BEF along with the JB4 features you're never going to stay with them anyway.
Nothing better than competition with a smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba474
Dear,

How can I generate a 98g0b bin with app? I'm from Brazil and our fuel is terrible, so we need to customize maps looking better results. Maps from US came with a higher timing than our fuel support....
Stock maps operations > generate BIN.
(#56)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba474
When I enter on app mhd n55 connected with kdcan it shows 0v when I'm looking the "read me codes" can i upload bin file with 0v showed on device?
Voltage reading is not yet supported on N55.
(#57)
Old

Car: 335i n55 2011
Default 10-28-2016, 10:31 AM

Someone go to sema show?
(#58)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 10-28-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Someone go to sema show?
SEMA is next week

<-- Click on pic for the build thread 1m bodywork,helixIC,ONE EIGHTY head lights, JB4,Seibon GTR hood , i carbon trunk,meth, BMS intake,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo, BBS FIR's coming
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Terry, do you think the error in the Cobb fuel tables may be also a source of misfires? Sounds like adding fuel via PI helps compensate their error in the fuel tables.
It looks like the mixed up tables were fuel bank2 and fuel superknock. Fuel bank2 isn't a table that is used on the platform as far as I can tell. But the fuel superknock would come in to play if the DME was unable to quiet down timing drops by reducing advance. Since that table was mislabeled we all had it matched up with the primary fuel table eliminating that extra preignition safety margin. So it's good that its fixed. One more reason to ditch Cobb. But, I don't think it has any relationship to the notorious N55 high boost misfires.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#60)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N55
Default 10-28-2016, 11:00 PM

Hello there,

I have just carried out the BMS BEF using MHD. All went perfect and very quickly. Just went for a quick spin (didn't log it) and have noticed some codes. Now I have had these codes before when the US-spec PPK was installed (accidentally instead of the Euro-spec) and it was to do with the fact that the AUS-delivered cars DO NOT run a DMTL pump prior to the charcoal canister. As such, I now get these codes again due to it not seeing the sensor/s. These codes in no way affect the running of the car, its just annoying that they show up in the code reader.
So I just wanted to point this out, as anyone who installs the BEF for their non-US-spec cars will probably gets these codes. If anyone from BMS has a way of eliminating these codes from the BEF, that would be great too.

Cheers

AUS 2011 - E92 - 335i - N55 - DCT - MSport

JB4 + FF Wires | MHD N55 BMS E85_PI BEF | aFe Power Magnum Stage 2-Si air intake | BMS Charge Pipe | Magnaflow 3-inch rear mufflers | NGK 5992s Gapped To 0.018"

Daily driven Map 7 running E85 at 50% | Settings: FW 5.14, DWP 80, PID Gain 25, FOL 90, WGA 80, Boost Safety 21
(#61)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 10-29-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhylea
Hello there,

I have just carried out the BMS BEF using MHD. All went perfect and very quickly. Just went for a quick spin (didn't log it) and have noticed some codes. Now I have had these codes before when the US-spec PPK was installed (accidentally instead of the Euro-spec) and it was to do with the fact that the AUS-delivered cars DO NOT run a DMTL pump prior to the charcoal canister. As such, I now get these codes again due to it not seeing the sensor/s. These codes in no way affect the running of the car, its just annoying that they show up in the code reader.
So I just wanted to point this out, as anyone who installs the BEF for their non-US-spec cars will probably gets these codes. If anyone from BMS has a way of eliminating these codes from the BEF, that would be great too.

Cheers
Flashed MHD PI BMS BEF last night.
I've just spent all day looking for blown fuses and scouring the interweb trying to fix my Evap codes.
Also posted in support section, no hits.
Flashed back to stock after becoming overly xxxxed off and the codes went away. No more open circuit evap codes.
Need a fix i guess.
Also got the random ecu program error code a couple of times today.
Normal beta stuff i guess.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.

Last edited by Stoolz; 10-29-2016 at 04:30 AM..
(#62)
Old
Legend

Car: N55 135i
Default 10-29-2016, 05:47 AM

There's been some talk on here of N55 E misfires and errors in the COBB BEFs so I thought it was worth posting how I solved mine as it may support the MHD development.

I do use my own BEF so there are quite a few differences to the BMS and FuelIt versions and I also think, where possible, this means the errors in the COBB OTS maps were corrected. What I've listed below though is the parameter which I think impacts misfires:-

What I found was that with without a BEF the HPFP values under full load show considerably higher than with a high load BEF. This is from memory, so these figures may not be 100% accurate but, without a BEF and the JB targetting say 20 psi the HPFP will be at 14 whereas, with a high load BEF and no other changes the HPFP drops to 11.

The 11 is right on the limit of what works OK so as soon as anything impact this, for example, a loss of traction, the value can drop sub 11 inducing misfires.

By reducing the Load Ceiling Main in the flash and thus reducing the amount of boost seen by the DME, the HPFP increases and can accommodate more fluctuations.

Form memory, the BMS high load flash uses a Load Ceiling Main of 180 and the FuelIt 200. Dropping to 150 increases the HPFP value under load to 12 maybe even 13 and the misfires are gone. For me this even allows traction control to intervene (which the high load BEFs really seemed to not like) and there are no problems.

Lowering the Load Ceiling Main does have other knock on effects though, so for example, fuelling in the BEF needs to be adjusted and for PI I needed to change the JB4 Fuel Bias otherwise trims would be way out.

There's also other things to consider. For DCT guys, DME boost impact DCT plate pressure. Form what I know, DCT plate pressure caps out at around a DME boost figure of 21psi. 200 on the load ceiling main, assuming other tables to do reduce boost, results in this. I think 180 is around 20 and the 150 I quoted above around 14. These are only approx but, what it does mean is that DCT guys may experience slip with a lower Load Ceiling Main value.

150 for me works OK but it does vary car to car and I know for others 150 at high boost results in slip. I am however not running the stock DCT flash so that may also be helping.

There's also something else at play. For example, if I run 140, at around 4 to 5K revs going WOT, the car will quite abruptly back off the power. Exactly the same as if you lift your foot quickly off the accelerator. There are no codes though. In summer, 150 at 23 psi solved this but not a 25psi. 155 at 25 psi solved it, but now the weather's colder and the car produces more power, I'm getting it at 155. Moving to 160 has resolved it but, for me, this is borderline where the misfires start.

There's also been some talk of back pressure, which may be a cause however, I don't think it's ** related. Yes, a c'less ** impacts positively but there was no change in misfires between the one I'm now running and stock.

With the setup as per my signature and a load ceiling main of 150 summer and 160 now the weather's getting colder, I can happily run 25 or 26 psi without issues - this is with 40 to 50% E, whereas the Fuelit and BMS BEFs can result in misfires if the boost target is set to >20psi. As I put at the start, this is based on my own BEF however, I have tried using the reduced Load Ceiling Main value on the BMS and FuelIt maps and it does seem to help.

What would be great, especially for DCT owners, would be a way to increase DME boost, independently control the HPFP value and independently control the DCT clutch pressure. Is that possible?

Hope the above helps.

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'

Last edited by keyap; 10-29-2016 at 08:59 AM..
(#63)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 10-29-2016, 08:51 AM

Solid information, Keyap!! Thank you.

General question:. Is the speed limiter removed in the mhd jb4 bef?

Last edited by NorCalN55; 10-29-2016 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: need those question marks, yo.
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2016, 09:06 AM

On the fuel pressure targeting, you can change that in the MHD flash. The factory values do max out at 135 load so it might have been a red herring for you. I played with some options early on but came to the conclusion that the factory values work best for what we're doing. The root cause of most misfires is asking the high pressure pump to deliver more fuel than it can. When high pressure drops the engine misfires. Much easier than the N54 ever did at lower fuel pressure.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#65)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 10-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Loaded the pump flash up yesterday.
Ran some pulls on my custom map that requires a bit more tuning.

Ran much smoother! Part throttle was much better.
And finally AFR is smooth!

Name:  Selection_678.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  71.7 KB
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2016-10-29 00_27_33.csv (5.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: csv 2016-10-29 00_13_45.csv (6.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: csv 2016-10-29 00_17_38.csv (5.4 KB, 78 views)
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2016, 01:38 PM

For logs you'd email them in or post to the support forum if you prefer. Email is better as I can reply back with some tuning advice and the latest firmware, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 10-29-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhylea
Hello there,

Cheers
We don't have this issue on the MHD flash only map, because those contains only the tuning tables and are applied on top of the proper OEM, region specific map.

But since the BMS maps are canned US bins, some settings do not apply for non US specs cars. Disabling some codes such as DMTL is already doable though. What codes are popping up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalN55
Solid information, Keyap!! Thank you.
General question:. Is the speed limiter removed in the mhd jb4 bef?
looks like speed limiter is set to 0 so yes.
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2016, 02:01 PM

On the speed limiter Martial can you just make that a flash time option? Then we can put the BEF speed delimiter tables back to factory for those who want to retain the limiter in place.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N55
Default 10-29-2016, 02:55 PM

"We don't have this issue on the MHD flash only map, because those contains only the tuning tables and are applied on top of the proper OEM, region specific map.

But since the BMS maps are canned US bins, some settings do not apply for non US specs cars. Disabling some codes such as DMTL is already doable though. What codes are popping up?"

These are the codes that show up.
3224 = P240A - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Heater Control Circuit/Open - DMTL heater
321B = P2418 - Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit/Open - Switching Valve
3227 = P2400 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit/Open - Pump

AUS 2011 - E92 - 335i - N55 - DCT - MSport

JB4 + FF Wires | MHD N55 BMS E85_PI BEF | aFe Power Magnum Stage 2-Si air intake | BMS Charge Pipe | Magnaflow 3-inch rear mufflers | NGK 5992s Gapped To 0.018"

Daily driven Map 7 running E85 at 50% | Settings: FW 5.14, DWP 80, PID Gain 25, FOL 90, WGA 80, Boost Safety 21
(#70)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 10-29-2016, 05:05 PM

Also got those codes plus 3227

On a side note i had to disconnect my battery twice this morning to get my jb4 to become responsive.
I only changed out the new board a month or so ago and the wiring is A1 soldered and triple checked.
Even though the jb4 was unresponsive(bluetooth or steering controls) the car still ran ok as if the tmap was recognized.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#71)
Old

Car: 335i n55 2011
Default 10-30-2016, 05:15 PM

Hi Terry.

In map 2 I have a peak at 22psi.
is this normal i'm afraid of broken pieces?
(#72)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-30-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry.

In map 2 I have a peak at 22psi.
is this normal i'm afraid of broken pieces?
Spikes are normal on lifts. If you're concerned, post in the support section. If you are using the BEF skip the support section and email Terry.

I noticed that under partial throttle I was super lean and higher boost than I should be at. Less than half throttle and I had like 13 psi and AFR around 18.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
12.6 @ 112MPH 92 Octane | 11.8 @ 120MPH E30 MHD
Custom MHD Tune | XHP Stage 3 | ER Chargepipe | VRSF 7in Intercooler | Methanol Injection | Performance Line D-P | Pure Inlet | Pure Stage 2 | Go Fast Bits DV+ | Diff Lockdown Bracket |

2014 E84 X1 35i - Stock For now 13.9 @ 99MPH 292 AWHP 300 AWTQ
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2016, 05:36 PM

Map2 is not set to 22psi. So you have an interface issue or a setting issue. If you need assistance you'd have to email a log in.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 10-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Terry has been helping me with some logs. Pulling pretty dang hard. Here is a crappy video of 0-whatever. Was hard to hold because was trying to do quickly and do JB4 logs. And very worn out tires with open diff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmYJi7PLa0
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2016, 07:48 PM

Working on some JB4 firmware changes to match. Everyone keep those logs flowing!

On that video you should turn on boost in fuel and timing on oil temp, set to only come up at WOT.

Burger Motorsports