N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM

Added initial maps to the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
What I am looking for is a optimized full e85 PI PS2 set up. I need all the tables close to dialed in and I can modify with tuner pro if needed. This is what terry is giving us.
The way we've setup the JB4 system very little custom tuning should be required across a very wide power and modification range. You do not need to pay for maps, custom mapping, or tuning support with a JB4. Load up the latest free BEF maps and start posting some logs. Steve, Jon & I use that customer data to evaluate the JB4 maps, back end maps, and learning algorithms, and ensure we're delivering optimal performance and convenience across all ranges of modifications. If your car is having problems then we're particularly interested in checking it out to improve the maps and learning functions for everyone.

In terms of the VANOS changes and big improvements that might not be realistic. I'd expect subtle improvements like we see with the N54. A little better spool, fewer timing drops up top, etc. But who knows as we are in development now. We'll see how it all pans out.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-26-2016, 03:40 PM

We still have not solved the PS2 high HP misfire issue (from my experience). I know some have but at a certain boost level it seems to always come back. So far the most likely culprit mentioned sounds like excessive back pressure.

I am hoping that playing around with variables like lobe separation could help this issue. Really I am hoping someone can strap down a maxed out PS2 and see if any of the new tables allow us to raise the ceiling. There was a guy that did this for the N54, but honestly I am afraid I could really mess something up if i go it alone.

2011 N55 135I, Pure Stage 2, Pure Inlet, JB4 + BEF, Fuel-it port injection & stage 2 LPFP, Big Tom Fmic, AR Catted **, ER CP, Mfactory stage 3+SMFW, KW V1, Apex EC-7
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2016, 06:44 PM

We've actually made some good progress on that. On our car it was a combination of plugs and increasing fuel volume via port injection that solved it. Back pressure is also an issue but not until you get north of 25-26psi on a stage2 turbo.

Once you load the current BEF and I start seeing your logs I can probably point you in the right direction.

Burger Motorsports

(#30)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-26-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We plan to add mode 4/4 option in the latest N55 E ISO firmware to allow for flash only operation. Currently it's 4/2 for BEF, 4/3 for normal operation.
I know you said this is in the works but would meth still be controlled by the JB4 on this 4/4 option?

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
12.6 @ 112MPH 92 Octane | 11.8 @ 120MPH E30 MHD
Custom MHD Tune | XHP Stage 3 | ER Chargepipe | VRSF 7in Intercooler | Methanol Injection | Performance Line D-P | Pure Inlet | Pure Stage 2 | Go Fast Bits DV+ | Diff Lockdown Bracket |

2014 E84 X1 35i - Stock For now 13.9 @ 99MPH 292 AWHP 300 AWTQ
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2016, 07:15 PM

Meth would be mapped out but with no safety system or progressive control (e.g. waiting for meth to flow before raising boost, etc).

I get there is some interest in trying out the new flash only maps but really once we finalize this BEF along with the JB4 features you're never going to stay with them anyway.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 10-26-2016, 07:21 PM

Terry, posted some E85 logs over here.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...649#post504649

Was for sure a lot smoother then PPK.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2016, 07:28 PM

To speed up development for the N55 BEF logs just email them to terry@burgertuning.com for now. I will reply with firmware updates as needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 N55 335i Coupe M-Sport
Default 10-26-2016, 11:01 PM

Terry,

For Pure Stage 1 PWG, TBI, S2 LPFP, and 100% E85 - would I use E85_PI or E85_PI_ST?

Thanks!
(#35)
Old

Car: 335i N54 E92
Default 10-27-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
The xdf is available at https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs. Download everything as .zip.

The app allow you to generate a 98g0b bin for your car (and the xdf).
Dear,

How can I generate a 98g0b bin with app? I'm from Brazil and our fuel is terrible, so we need to customize maps looking better results. Maps from US came with a higher timing than our fuel support....

335i, MHD E65 Custom flash, Intercooler, Chargerpipe, MM Performance inlets, LPFP Walbro 450, HPFP BMW review, full exhaust
(#36)
Old

Car: 335i n55 2011
Default 10-27-2016, 05:29 AM

Hi terry.

what firmware for me and bms backend flash.
335i n55
T map sensor 3.5b
93oct
Lflp 340 aeromotive
Afe power .

Merci
(#37)
Old

Car: 2012 e92 xdrive
Default 10-27-2016, 05:36 AM

Which BEF would you use with METH? still the 93 pump?

Would there be any issues passing emissions with the MHD flash?

Last edited by hz_diesel; 10-27-2016 at 06:07 AM..
(#38)
Old

Car: 335i n55
Default 10-27-2016, 06:30 AM

Does the BEF include the exhaust burbles that the MHD has?
(#39)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloked97one
Hi terry.

what firmware for me and bms backend flash.
335i n55
T map sensor 3.5b
93oct
Lflp 340 aeromotive
Afe power .

Merci
Pump flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel
Which BEF would you use with METH? still the 93 pump?
Pump flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba474
Dear,

How can I generate a 98g0b bin with app?
You will select Stock maps operations then generate updated backup.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
Custom MHD Tune | XHP Stage 3 | ER Chargepipe | VRSF 7in Intercooler | Methanol Injection | Performance Line D-P | Pure Inlet | Pure Stage 2 | Go Fast Bits DV+ | Diff Lockdown Bracket |

(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexbrah
It's a flash time option.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexbrah
Quote:
It's a flash time option.
The steps I took were to select custom flash, find the file on the device, and the flash started. There were no options before or after the flash. Did I do something wrong?

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4

(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2016, 09:21 AM

At some point after selecting the file but before flashing there is a button for "options", I thought. Martial?

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 10-27-2016, 09:25 AM

I get options after selecting custom firmware. Base and Sport burble duration (Not sure what difference is though), Cold Start, N20 TMAP.
(#44)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
At some point after selecting the file but before flashing there is a button for "options", I thought. Martial?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen
I get options after selecting custom firmware. Base and Sport burble duration (Not sure what difference is though), Cold Start, N20 TMAP.
I guess I will do their flash to stock option retaining MHD and flash it again to see if options come up.

**EDIT**

I don't know if I missed it or what happened but it worked for me the second time around. I am loving the cold start delete.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4

Last edited by Bimmer_Boost; 10-27-2016 at 11:25 AM..
(#45)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 09:35 AM

When I enter on app mhd n55 connected with kdcan it shows 0v when I'm looking the "read me codes" can i upload bin file with 0v showed on device?

335i, MHD E65 Custom flash, Intercooler, Chargerpipe, MM Performance inlets, LPFP Walbro 450, HPFP BMW review, full exhaust
(#46)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
When I enter on app mhd n55 connected with kdcan it shows 0v when I'm looking the "read me codes" can i upload bin file with 0v showed on device?
JB4 is on map0 but it is the new one, and to acess obd2 port I need to remove JB4's conector.

(#47)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 10-27-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Mine showed 0V as well for the cable on the mhd app. I had a Battery Charger separately watching the voltage so I was not to worried. it worked fine.
(#48)
Old

Default 10-27-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarob
Mine showed 0V as well for the cable on the mhd app. I had a Battery Charger separately watching the voltage so I was not to worried. it worked fine.

Good to know! Ty

Acess dash board to change 4/2 option using volume and change down is not working too... anyone knows what it can be?

(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2016, 12:43 PM

Make sure NOT to select 3.5bar TMAP with a JB4 installed. The JB4 does the TMAP conversion for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 10-27-2016, 05:06 PM

Nice work guys, sooooo keen on F series Can't wait!!!!!!!

M135i LCI 8sp, ******* **, ER FMIC, ER Charge pipe, ER turbo to Intercooler pipe, Muffler & Resonator delete, BMS Filter, JB4, 30% E85 with 98, Stage 2 Fuel It LPFP.
1/4 Mile 11.8 @ 119mph