N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Thisisdudewhoru Thisisdudewhoru is offline
OEM+
 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Jan 2017
Car: '16 340i
Default 02-28-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar
I am having trouble finding the EWG on your site for my 140i, can you please point me in the right direction.
Also if I get the Rev3 connection kit can I use it to connect to my laptop that has Bluetooth as well as my android device?.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry have found it....Doohhhhh
You need the cable listed for n55. Same cable iirc.

I don't think the computer software has Bluetooth capability even if your computer does.


'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
Reply With Quote
(#52)
Old
Mrpink Mrpink is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: M140i
Default 04-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Trying to bring this thread back to life.

Just ordered meth kit which should be here soon.

Has anyone got it going 100% with solid logs? If so could you let me know all the settings please. Maybe email with a screen shot?

Has anyone set up meth on map 6 yet?

Also curious as to reason behind mixture, 100% meth or 80/20? Going to bulk buy this.

P.s I went with CM5 nozzles and have a de-meow **

Any tips would be much appriciated.
Reply With Quote
(#53)
Old
Thisisdudewhoru Thisisdudewhoru is offline
OEM+
 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Jan 2017
Car: '16 340i
Default 04-09-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpink
Trying to bring this thread back to life.

Just ordered meth kit which should be here soon.

Has anyone got it going 100% with solid logs? If so could you let me know all the settings please. Maybe email with a screen shot?

Has anyone set up meth on map 6 yet?

Also curious as to reason behind mixture, 100% meth or 80/20? Going to bulk buy this.

P.s I went with CM5 nozzles and have a de-meow **

Any tips would be much appriciated.
There is no map 6?

Last I heard Terry was recommending 50/50 boost juice for now.

Weren't dual CM7 nozzles recommended?


'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
Reply With Quote
(#54)
Old
Mrpink Mrpink is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: M140i
Default 04-09-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru
There is no map 6?

Last I heard Terry was recommending 50/50 boost juice for now.

Weren't dual CM7 nozzles recommended?
Yeah I had a go with map 6 recently. Going to wait till meth arrives before any more testing though.

Ahh 50/50? The start of the thread he said 80/20? Lol

I think cm7 is more for bigger turbo, another user started with 7 but had better results with 5, on standard turbo.

These are all good questions I'm hoping there is feedback to answer them
Reply With Quote
(#55)
Old
Thisisdudewhoru Thisisdudewhoru is offline
OEM+
 
Posts: 69
Join Date: Jan 2017
Car: '16 340i
Default 04-09-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpink
Yeah I had a go with map 6 recently. Going to wait till meth arrives before any more testing though.

Ahh 50/50? The start of the thread he said 80/20? Lol

I think cm7 is more for bigger turbo, another user started with 7 but had better results with 5, on standard turbo.

These are all good questions I'm hoping there is feedback to answer them
I'm pretty sure he was using 80/20. But a few folks I've talked to that have asked him said he recommended 50/50.

Interesting I didn't know map 6 did anything and I've not seen any mention of it on here. What's it supposed to do?


'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
Reply With Quote
(#56)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,671
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 04-09-2017, 08:58 AM

I run 50/50 just out of convenience, boostjuice is premixed and delievered to my door, but a higher methanol mixture is generally better for performance.

For stock turbos generally CM5s, larger turbo CM7s.

Map6 does not offer a progressive methanol safety so would not be used unless running on race gas or if there is some specific tuning issue to be address that is more important than having a progressive methanol safety in place.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#57)
Old
JB4OFF JB4OFF is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 340i
Default 04-09-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I run 50/50 just out of convenience, boostjuice is premixed and delievered to my door, but a higher methanol mixture is generally better for performance.

For stock turbos generally CM5s, larger turbo CM7s.

Map6 does not offer a progressive methanol safety so would not be used unless running on race gas or if there is some specific tuning issue to be address that is more important than having a progressive methanol safety in place.

Doesn't matter which nozzle you pick. I've tried both on the B58. Cm7 keeps trims slightly lower. The big thing is the % of meth or alcohol you use. I've used boost juice, straight meth, denatured alky, even E98. From what I've gathered in seat time is. With less octane power gets choppy.
Reply With Quote
(#58)
Old
Shorty Shorty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: BMW M140
Default 04-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Ever since I fitted meth on my car it's not ran right. Constant throttle closure no matter what I seemed to do.

Yesterday I removed one nozzle so I was running 1 CM7 nozzle instead of 2. The car was instantly 100 times better.

For standard turbo cars dual CM7's are to big IMO. People run them on big power F80 M3's!

Going to switch to dual CM5's.

This is just going off my personal findings, I know other cars can be different but I've spoke to another couple of prople with similar issues.
Reply With Quote
(#59)
Old
m123 m123 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: 440i F32
Default 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM

I am confused. Just bought my wmi kit and on the burger homepage cm7 is recommended for stock and bigger turbos.


F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
Reply With Quote
(#60)
Old
Shorty Shorty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: BMW M140
Default 04-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
I am confused. Just bought my wmi kit and on the burger homepage cm7 is recommended for stock and bigger turbos.
Thats where I got my info from too and hence getting CM7's.

They're to big, for my car anyway. There may be other people running them ok but I know of another person having issues and I'm 99% sure it's because of the CM7's.

I'd get CM5's just to be sure, they're more than upto it for standard turbo.
Reply With Quote
(#61)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,671
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 04-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
I am confused. Just bought my wmi kit and on the burger homepage cm7 is recommended for stock and bigger turbos.
I don't expect you'll have any problems. Also the latest firmware allows a wider range of WMI PWM control. Just because you have CM7 nozzles on does not mean you are always flowing them at 100%. That is up to the JB4. We can flow them as low as CM3s if needed and anywhere in between.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#62)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,671
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 04-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Thats where I got my info from too and hence getting CM7's.

They're to big, for my car anyway. There may be other people running them ok but I know of another person having issues and I'm 99% sure it's because of the CM7's.

I'd get CM5's just to be sure, they're more than upto it for standard turbo.
I don't think so, but when I look at your latest M140 logs I also don't see any obvious issues, so who knows with your car at the moment. Definitely try whatever you want to try but please avoid giving general advice to others here because whatever you have going on with yours is not necessarily going to apply to anyone else. And it just causes confusion and more work on our end.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#63)
Old
pXius pXius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Dec 2015
Car: M135i
Default 04-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Has the ********* ** throttle cut issue been resolved yet?


///M240i
Ex: M135i PWG
Reply With Quote
(#64)
Old
m123 m123 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: 440i F32
Default 04-09-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't expect you'll have any problems. Also the latest firmware allows a wider range of WMI PWM control. Just because you have CM7 nozzles on does not mean you are always flowing them at 100%. That is up to the JB4. We can flow them as low as CM3s if needed and anywhere in between.
Ok. Thank you Terry for the clarification.


F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
Reply With Quote
(#65)
Old
JB4OFF JB4OFF is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 340i
Default 04-09-2017, 01:44 PM

The information on the nozzles size is incorrect. Either dual cm5 or cm7 is fine. People are getting throttle closure from either a competition **, wheel spin, or knock. There's a lot of factors that can cause it on a stock flash. I've ran up dual cm10 and it was fine. Higher ethanol content in the pump can also cause it to run like crap.
Reply With Quote
(#66)
Old
Mrpink Mrpink is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: M140i
Default 04-09-2017, 11:34 PM

I am going to go with 80/20 mix and dual cm5 and see how I get on (map 7)

I'll add experiment with some Boostane too, once I'm happy with the meth set up.
Reply With Quote
(#67)
Old
Mrpink Mrpink is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: M140i
Default 04-09-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't expect you'll have any problems. Also the latest firmware allows a wider range of WMI PWM control. Just because you have CM7 nozzles on does not mean you are always flowing them at 100%. That is up to the JB4. We can flow them as low as CM3s if needed and anywhere in between.
Is that 5d, or the T6 -10?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
(#68)
Old
B3 BT B3 BT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 340i xDrive
Default 04-10-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Ever since I fitted meth on my car it's not ran right. Constant throttle closure no matter what I seemed to do.

Yesterday I removed one nozzle so I was running 1 CM7 nozzle instead of 2. The car was instantly 100 times better.

For standard turbo cars dual CM7's are to big IMO. People run them on big power F80 M3's!

Going to switch to dual CM5's.

This is just going off my personal findings, I know other cars can be different but I've spoke to another couple of prople with similar issues.
Same problem here, throttle closing all the time. Was running CM7, changed to CM5, did not solve the problem. Its worse in 3rd gear than in 4th or 5th.
Reply With Quote
(#69)
Old
JB4OFF JB4OFF is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 340i
Default 04-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3 BT
Same problem here, throttle closing all the time. Was running CM7, changed to CM5, did not solve the problem. Its worse in 3rd gear than in 4th or 5th.
Are you running a 😼De pipe? The throttle closure your referencing to is noticeable in the 6300-6600-- redline? I've experienced that as well. The only thing that seems to help is more methanol. 80/20 and up mix. Maybe Terry can clear the air on it better than me.
Reply With Quote
(#70)
Old
B3 BT B3 BT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 340i xDrive
Default 04-10-2017, 09:49 AM

Yes, i'm running a **. The shutting is very pronounced between 4500 - 6000 rpm. I tried 80/20, didn't change anything
Reply With Quote
(#71)
Old
Mrpink Mrpink is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: M140i
Default 04-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3 BT
Yes, i'm running a **. The shutting is very pronounced between 4500 - 6000 rpm. I tried 80/20, didn't change anything
Have you tried straight meth?

Issue might be too lean? Just a guess!
Reply With Quote
(#72)
Old
JB4OFF JB4OFF is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 340i
Default 04-10-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3 BT
Yes, i'm running a **. The shutting is very pronounced between 4500 - 6000 rpm. I tried 80/20, didn't change anything
What additive are you running?
Reply With Quote
(#73)
Old
B3 BT B3 BT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 340i xDrive
Default 04-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4OFF
What additive are you running?
Have to go down to 10 to reduce the shuttings.
Reply With Quote
(#74)
Old
B3 BT B3 BT is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 340i xDrive
Default 04-10-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpink
Have you tried straight meth?

Issue might be too lean? Just a guess!
Will try, but due to low additive i'm not sure.

Map2 + meth works best for the moment.
Reply With Quote
(#75)
Old
JB4OFF JB4OFF is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 340i
Default 04-10-2017, 10:52 AM

I would try just straight meth. Starting psi at 8. Additive at 20 and would switch back to dual cm7. If they doesn't work I would recommend putting back the stock exhaust
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com