N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
Was this using dual CM5's or larger? Also, think there is a chance to gather individual cylinder data to ensure proper meth distribution?

From the looks of it the n55 has a little more grunt in the lower rpm's, especially the pure stage 2 dynos that you have as a example, something like 100+whp at 4krpm. I bet the efficiency is up due to higher compression (and I am sure other things).
Dual CM5. We've looked at timing across all cylinders but don't have any method to look at bank to bank fuel trims as its a single bank system.

Boost down low can be cranked up much more if desired.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 03-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Any testing with the gutted meow *****? How is the fueling system holding up?

E90 335i 2009 ///M Sport Auto
Mods: | Wagner Intercooler | MeowPipe | Meth-Trunk
Drivetrain--------ForgeStar F14 Wheels 18" (245 & 275 PSS) | Alpina Transmission Flash | Wavetrac LSD
Suspension-------KW V3 Coil Overs| M3 RSF Bushings and Dif Bushings | H&R Sways
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2016, 03:09 PM

No, we're keeping the full factory exhaust on our development car.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 3000GT VR4
Default 05-17-2016, 09:36 AM

Any new updates?

Can i just bolt this turbo/manifold on my N54 so i can get rid of this dammm WG rattle...

Isnt it just the bolt pattern that's different? What if i drill the manifold out for my cylinder head studs. Kinda like the flanges sold that are being sold for N54/N55 looking for making a custom single turbo manifold...

I can figure out the rest, well besides the 02 sensor issues.. Ughh

2007 BMW 335i E92 6MT - Jet Black/Blk Dakota
MODS:*MHD/JB4*BMS CDV & Clutch Stop*335is Mounts*E46 M3 Trans Mounts*I-Drive Retrofit*80W LED AE*VRSF **'s*Brembo's*
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 6MT - *SOLD*
*RB TT's*FBO*400+AWHP
Daily- '01 Mazda Protege 2.0L- MPG mode!
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2016, 10:01 AM

No WG rattle with ours.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 06-09-2016, 09:01 AM

I see the EWG Cable is now available for the B58; I've been waiting for this ever since I ordered the meth kit. Just placed my order...time to up the BOOST!
(#32)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 06-09-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Had a chance to strap down our 2016 340i today for an hour of dyno tuning. Having done lots of runway testing last weekend at Shift Sector, including taking down a stock tune M4, I had a feeling the car was going to perform pretty well on the dyno. And was not disappointed.

The current setup is 100% stock except for a B58 JB4 BETA, BMS intake, and a BMS B58 water/meth kit. Exhaust is fully stock. Fuel was ~93 octane and meth mixture ~80%.

The BMS B58 water/meth kit has some additional parts not included in our normal kits including a PNP nozzle adapter, an EWG connector for the JB4, and some additional fittings.

With the EWG connector in place we're able to control as much boost as the turbo wants to make. But we've found power peaks out ~21psi, despite the turbo willingly making much more boost. Runs from 22-24psi at the same timing values all resulted in the same or less power. So we're probably approaching the stock turbo limits now. Maybe another 15-20whp ultimately in there with exhaust and other work.

Most impressive is how well it holds power to redline especially relative to previous turbo BMW motors like the N54 & notoriously weak top end N55. I'm pretty excited about this new motor.
I've just seen this thread. I was behind a 340i last week. I was ready to have a good play on the highway but a car had broken down and traffic didn't allow it.

It looks like the actual boost is quite a way below target most of the pull? Why do you think that is? As you seem quite confident the Turbo can do more.

What is with the timing as well? Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks like it was 0 for a while.

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#33)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 02-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Terry, have you tracked your 340i mods yet? I'm curious what the 1/4 mile time would be. I'm seeing guys hit low 12's high 11's with the B58 engine, jb4, **, and intake. How much more can we expect to gain? Roughly!
(#34)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 02-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Sorry how much more can we gain with Meth!
(#35)
Old

Car: 335 cpe
Default 02-03-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrhalo
Terry, have you tracked your 340i mods yet? I'm curious what the 1/4 mile time would be. I'm seeing guys hit low 12's high 11's with the B58 engine, jb4, **, and intake. How much more can we expect to gain? Roughly!
Theres a video of a 1/2 mile event Terry ran, beating a new M3/M4 on the site somewhere here. I dont have time at work to dig for it but its on here someplace.
(#36)
Old

Car: Bmw 340i Xdrive
Default 02-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Sorry how much more can we gain with Meth!
In my experience you usually get .10 of a second for every 10 whp increase or 100 lbs reduction in the car. So based on the math over the JB4 + **+ Intake you should see about .5 seconds quicker with meth.
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Ours runs in the 11s on the VBOX but not yet taken it out to Famoso for an official time. I've seen several customers report high 11s stock turbo though with WMI. I imagine most tune only will wind up in the mid 12s.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 02-04-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantravis
I see the EWG Cable is now available for the B58; I've been waiting for this ever since I ordered the meth kit. Just placed my order...time to up the BOOST!
Do the newer jb4's include the ewg cable?

Terry I also noticed you are running dual cm5 and on site you recommend dual cm7. Any particular reason?

Also is there a recommended water/meth mixture ratio? I see you guys used 80% meth

Last edited by Thisisdudewhoru; 02-10-2017 at 02:55 PM..
(#39)
Old

Car: 335 cpe
Default 02-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru
Do the newer jb4's include the ewg cable?

Terry I also noticed you are running dual cm5 and on site you recommend dual cm7. Any particular reason?

Also is there a recommended water/meth mixture ratio? I see you guys used 80% meth
Yes I would also like to know... what are the correct nozzles for the B58 and do we have to add the EWG connector??

Thanks!!!
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2017, 02:15 PM

EWG cable is add on, suggested for meth kits.

For nozzles dual CM7 is probably the best option.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 02-14-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:

Is the ewg cable the same one for the f series n55
(#42)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 02-19-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Terry, what PSI is it best to start flow at?
(#43)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 02-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Would that be the one listed in the N55 section, (can't find it under B58), and is it installed the same way as the N55 with regards to the pin locations?

///M240i
Ex: M135i PWG
(#44)
Old

Car: BMW M140
Default 02-19-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pXius
Would that be the one listed in the N55 section, (can't find it under B58), and is it installed the same way as the N55 with regards to the pin locations?

Yes and yes.
(#45)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 02-19-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Yes and yes.
Thanks!

///M240i
Ex: M135i PWG
(#46)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 02-26-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Yes and yes.
Do you have EWG add on your car ?

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#47)
Old

Default 02-26-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee
Do you have EWG add on your car ?

Yeah dude..
(#48)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 02-26-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah dude..
Recent retrofit or fitted from day one with jb4 ?

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#49)
Old

Default 02-27-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee
Recent retrofit or fitted from day one with jb4 ?
Only recently fitted. Fitted it so that Terry can write new firmware to try and combat the throttle closing issue that's happening when a ******** is fitted.
(#50)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 02-28-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:

I am having trouble finding the EWG on your site for my 140i, can you please point me in the right direction.
Also if I get the Rev3 connection kit can I use it to connect to my laptop that has Bluetooth as well as my android device?.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry have found it....Doohhhhh

Last edited by BazBar; 02-28-2017 at 08:51 AM..