N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2014 MCS
Default 11-14-2015, 04:16 PM

Sadly, my logs are not are good as Jack_p92's. It doesn't seem to want to make much more boost than stock levels if I go WOT. Cruising around, I can feel that the car has more power than stock, but not much. I had the Stage 1 board in all summer and even upped it to 4.5psi over stock and seemingly had no issues and it pulled very strong. Overall with the Stage 2 board, the throttle response seems smooth and I don't notice any hesitations etc., but less power. On the map 0 run, I forgot to turn the ESC completely off, so there is a little throttle dip, probably from traction, but things seem ok in the log, though I don't get nearly the same boost level as Jack_p92, I get around 8psi, what I was told was stock levels, not the 10+ Jack is getting. Am I correct, or am I low even in map 0? The map 1 runs show boost spike right at the start, then a crash, and then it never really recovers. The timing seems low as compared to Jack's as well. I am running with top tier gas, 93 octane. I have no other mods except a Milltek ***-back, so no mid-cats. My car is a MCS, manual, build date Mar/14. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv map 1 - 3rd gear - run 1.csv (3.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: csv map 0 - 3rd gear.csv (3.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: csv map 1 - 3rd gear - run 2.csv (3.7 KB, 84 views)
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2015, 04:19 PM

Do some longer multi-gear runs. Timing, etc, is fine but boost is around 2psi lower than I'd expect. Remember boost is temperature based so during cold weather you're only targeting around 7psi stock (DME BT in logs)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 11-17-2015, 08:26 PM

Terry any news on fitting this on 320i/330i soon ?!

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE **, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#54)
Old

Car: MINI F56
Default 11-19-2015, 11:55 AM

fuel flex cable arrived yesterday so i will get it fitted tomorow.

Probably should have asked this before buying but what does it actually do? Is it just for a reading or does it make adjusments based on the quality of fuel? how does it work?
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2015, 04:01 PM

The flex fuel cable allows the JB4 to alter fuel trims. Which is required when running higher boost levels over stock.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Car: MINI F56
Default 11-20-2015, 02:10 AM

Okay cool, out of interest how come it doesnt come with the jb4 as standard?

also do you have the wiring instructinos or are these correct for the b48 as well?
http://burgertuning.com/instructions...el_Install.pdf
(#57)
Old

Car: Mini Challenge 210
Default 11-20-2015, 07:57 AM

This is very interesting...

I have a mini Challenge 210, which is a JCW upgrade on an MCS.

We dyno'd it, with NO mods and it made 246hp and 280lbft in sport mode with the exhaust flap open.
Interesting to see significantly less power with exhaust closed and not on sport mode...

It does show they "under played" the challenge 210 so as not to overshadow the 230hp JCW when it came out.

Standard mode with exhaust flap closed, 233hp
Standard mode with exhaust flap open, 237hp
Sport mode with flap open, 247hp
No wonder it's quick, with 280lbft!!

Really tempted by a JB4 - have been messaging Terry about the kit. I'd like to think it should make near 300hp.

JP
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 09:49 AM

The only type of dyno you can really compare with to others on the forum is a dynojet. Anything else is going to vary wildly dyno to dyno and day to day.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Car: 4 door turbo s f55
Default 11-20-2015, 01:57 PM

Is this available for the B46 engine?
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2015, 04:13 PM

Yes B46 as well as B48.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Car: 15 F56S
Default 11-23-2015, 10:45 AM

Thank you Terry for all of your support again! You guys are among the best folks I have ever dealt with in the aftermarket sector and I really appreciate the assistance all of the time!
(#62)
Old

Car: 2014 MCS
Default 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Do some longer multi-gear runs. Timing, etc, is fine but boost is around 2psi lower than I'd expect. Remember boost is temperature based so during cold weather you're only targeting around 7psi stock (DME BT in logs)
Did some 2nd - 3rd gear runs and they look better than just the 3rd gear pulls. The weather was exactly the same, 50 degrees and sunny. I still occasionally get a 'flat' response when going WOT on the highway in 3rd or 4th. It's not slow, just not as explosive as the Stage 1 was, but again, I had it set to 4.5 psi. Overall, I think the tune is far smoother than the Stage 1, it really feels like what it would be from the factory. No hiccups or jerkiness.

Looking forward to more aggressive maps. Should I preemptively buy the FF cable? Do you think more aggressive maps will need it?

Also, if I could request one additional feature, it would be some kind of shift light, like flashing the turn signal arrows or something. It is far to easy to hit the rev limiter without much warning and the tach on the Mini is uselessly small and hard to see in your peripheral vision.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 1 - 2nd to 3rd - WOT.csv (7.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv Map 1 - 2nd to 4th - Part Throttle.csv (6.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv Map 1 - 2nd to 3rd - WOT 2.csv (3.6 KB, 69 views)
(#63)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper
Default 11-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Terry.
Finally got my JB4 B48.
How should I proceed from Stage2. Install the new board, install the OBD2 connector, inserting the two wires in the DB25? remembering that my Stage2 already have fuelflex installed. question: The JB4 firmware already installed on the new board? I need to do firmware update? the software parameters are already saved?

2015 MCS F56 B48 Down Pipe BMS JB4 FF
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2015, 12:44 PM

What is Stage2?

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 11-30-2015, 06:22 PM

Stage2 is a stage1+ff+last firmware. as you want!

(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2015, 06:51 PM

That's called Stage1. The new kit you need is called JB4. The flex fuel wire going to #20 has to be moved but you can cut/splice it. See the n55 flex fuel connector guide for some photos for that green wire.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 11-30-2015, 07:52 PM

Ok. Stage1...now i have JB4 in hands.

Fuelflex sensor:

The male flex fuel pin goes to spot #21 on the DB25 while the female (sensor side) wire needs to be spliced in to the green wires going to spots 4&16. Review the N55 flex fuel install guide for additional information.

(#68)
Old

Default 12-01-2015, 02:47 PM

Ok.
Troy told me what to do with the wires! FF male into #21 (db25) and female, splided in position 4 and 16 (db25).
Are all JB4 juntions working on that B48 JB4? Is map 6 custom? with all parameters working, ex. boost x Rpm? max boost in 1st and 2nd gear? etc?

Last edited by hcorrea; 12-02-2015 at 10:30 AM..
(#69)
Old

Default 12-03-2015, 01:38 PM

There is nothing on Pin 16 on our connector. The green wire pair per the N55 instructions is 4 and 17. I just tied them in, as per instructions and I am still throwing a code.
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Per the N55 directions you cut the wires, tee the FF to the DB25 side, then connect the side going back to the TMAP sensor together, to complete their circuit.

If you have a fault read the fault to see what it is exactly.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcorrea
Ok.
Troy told me what to do with the wires! FF male into #21 (db25) and female, splided in position 4 and 16 (db25).
Are all JB4 juntions working on that B48 JB4? Is map 6 custom? with all parameters working, ex. boost x Rpm? max boost in 1st and 2nd gear? etc?
Some stuff is connected. For now run map1 only and post a log or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 12-03-2015, 02:28 PM

How do I read the drivetrain malfunction code?
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2015, 03:03 PM

Using the JB4 interface, settings page.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 12-06-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Some stuff is connected. For now run map1 only and post a log or two.
Ok. Lambda is the same 0.92?

(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2015, 06:34 PM

The factory tune runs it pretty lean which is why timing must be watched carefully especially if cranking up boost.

Burger Motorsports