N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 07 E92 335i
Default 10-26-2015, 11:23 AM

i wish there was something like this for the n54 jb4 that plugged directly to the datacable. That way we could load BEF and code injectors with ease.

2007 E92 335i 6MT
New Jersey
N54-Tuning 3'' Downp!pes, Vrsf 5'' Intercooler, Vrsf Charge Pipe, Tial-Q BOV, Vrsf Lower Charge Pipe, Act HDSD Clutch, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS Intakes, Custom Axle Back w/ 3" Tips
(#27)
Old

Car: mini cooper f56
Default 10-26-2015, 01:46 PM

B48 JB4 BETA Upgrade Kit will be fits b38 ?
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2015, 04:46 PM

Yes, fits the B38 too!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 15 F56S
Default 10-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Hey Terry! Hooked up my stage 2, got some weird values (boost safety 18 etc) on the dashboard and it threw the drivetrain malfunction code on start up. Switched back to the stage 1 board and still getting the fault. Any thoughts?
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2015, 05:05 PM

Boost safety is supposed to be 18psi default. It's not a Stage1 system and has entirely different settings.

Once CANbus is working on the JB4 use that to read the fault codes if needed. If you're unable to read them then the CANbus wires must not be installed properly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Default 10-29-2015, 06:22 PM

Is there any danger to turning it on with canbus incorrect? I'm back on stage 1 and the driveline malfunction light and cel are staying on even with pulling the battery.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2015, 06:36 PM

Be sure to unplug the OBDII connector if not using a JB4 board. It sounds like you need technical support. For that you'd email in installation & wiring photos.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 10-30-2015, 04:56 AM

Alright - it was P12A4 and P12A9. Cleared the codes and all seems well now. I will try to install stage 2 again this weekend after I am sure the codes are gone.
(#34)
Old

Car: 2014 MCS
Default 11-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Color me stupid, but I can't see where to go through the firewall with the OBDII wire. I have a 2014 (March build) MCS. The pic that shows where to pass it through does not look anything like the what I see under my hood. The top, far shot that shows the entire engine bay matches what I see, but the second pic does not. The only possible entry point I can see is where a wire comes in, right behind the steering rack exit point in the cabin. I'd have to take out the battery to get at it. Speaking of the battery, the instructions state to disconnect the battery in the trunk, but it is in the front for the F series Mini, are the pics from a R56 or does the 15/JCW look different? Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to randomly poke holes in rubber boots, trying to find my way through the firewall.
(#35)
Old

Default 11-01-2015, 01:22 PM

Ah, a little searching shows that the pics of going through the firewall are from the N20 instructions, so that is a 3 series. Any help before I break out my drill?
(#36)
Old

Car: 14 Mini Cooper S hardtop
Default 11-01-2015, 02:47 PM

The pictures on the instructions are for an auto. For manual I just installed mine. I pushed the plug around the clutch hose and pulled the obdII cable through with help of a hanger. Worked perfectly. I had difficulty getting the end of the cable through the plug hole so I cut and spliced the end back on. It's all plugged in and driving fantastic.

2014 Mini Cooper S Hardtop B48 BMS JB4 w/ flex fuel
(#37)
Old

Default 11-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbartondpt
The pictures on the instructions are for an auto. For manual I just installed mine. I pushed the plug around the clutch hose and pulled the obdII cable through with help of a hanger. Worked perfectly. I had difficulty getting the end of the cable through the plug hole so I cut and spliced the end back on. It's all plugged in and driving fantastic.
Ok, the clutch hose seems to be the place I mentioned that looked like the best way in. It's just behind the steering rack in the cabin, correct? I thought it was just some jacketed wire. I assume you had to remove the battery to get at it from the engine bay or did you fish the wire from the inside far enough to grab it from the outside?
(#38)
Old

Car: 14 Mini Cooper S hardtop
Default 11-01-2015, 06:19 PM

I fished the hanger through the plug hole from the engine bay to the inside of the car then attached the wire onto the hanger with electric tape and pulled the hanger out along with the wire.

2014 Mini Cooper S Hardtop B48 BMS JB4 w/ flex fuel
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2015, 07:15 PM

With the MT it's a bit harder but goes in the same hole.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 2014 mini cooper s f56
Default 11-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Hey Terry, I installed the stage 2 and everything is working well. Can you post the boost values for each map? My laptop is currently being repaired so I cannot hook it up to look. I received mine this past week, does it have the most current firmware and should we look in this thread or the other for future firmware updates. Thanks
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 10:27 AM

Only map1 is setup currently. Waiting for data to start coming in so we can better develop the maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Car: MINI F56
Default 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Only map1 is setup currently. Waiting for data to start coming in so we can better develop the maps.
What kind of data do you need? mine should be on tomorow so i can do some logs. will be on the dyno within a week or so also.
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2015, 01:06 PM

Some logs on map1 would be a good start.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 11-08-2015, 06:42 AM

Stupid question, but how does the jb4 actually get power? Does it use the 5v map sensor feed?

Also for the jb4 are the firmware updates the same as the ones posted in the stage 1 thread?
(#45)
Old

Default 11-08-2015, 11:50 AM

Ive attached some logs 3rd gear full throttle run 1 with it switched off and one map 1. Looks like it goes from 10psi stock to 13psi with the map.
Mods are:
  • Intake
  • de-***
  • 98 Ron fuel

Map 0

Map 1

The in dash map switching works, however the speedo guage doesnt line up with the marks on the speedo (guessing as mine is MPH not KPH, is there a way of adjusting this?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rd gear run - map 0.csv (8.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: csv 3rd gear run - map 1(2).csv (3.4 KB, 94 views)
(#46)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 11-09-2015, 03:38 PM

I am wondering if this will work on B48 320i/338i LCI which are out in Europe by now and i might get one

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE **, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2015, 03:53 PM

I expect so on the 320i B48. Will check logs later tonight!

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 11-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Cool thanks man. Let me know if you need any more/different ones.
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_p92
The in dash map switching works, however the speedo guage doesnt line up with the marks on the speedo (guessing as mine is MPH not KPH, is there a way of adjusting this?
Good. Turn on the in dash boost gauge too! It's pretty fun. Speedo isn't going to line up, no easy solution for fixing it, so count the clicks.

Logs look normal. Let's get a flex fuel connector going on there before turning boost up, though, as I see fuel trims are near their max.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 11-12-2015, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Good. Turn on the in dash boost gauge too! It's pretty fun. Speedo isn't going to line up, no easy solution for fixing it, so count the clicks.

Logs look normal. Let's get a flex fuel connector going on there before turning boost up, though, as I see fuel trims are near their max.
I have had a play with it, but i wasnt sure what the scale for it was.
No probs with the speedo, now im used to using it its easy enough.

Okay good, ive ordered a flex fuel connector, assuming the UK cars have the same connector for it? Strange that they are maxed out, i spoke to Jay from byteronic who said hes car was 15psi in stock form where as mine is only running about 15psi on map1.

Is it possible to get IAT working? it just shows 8 all the way along the log.