N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#4351)
Old
NeedMoreBoost NeedMoreBoost is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 10-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Hi, I have a Q50 with a JB4 and rev 3 bluetooth kit. I was trying to update the firmware and the update failed. I tried again, and then received an error saying that the jb4 had no firmware on it at all and not to start the car. Now, whenever I try to connect, I receive an error saying check hardware. I unplugged the car battery, then unplugged the jb4, verified everything was connected properly. Plugged everything back in and same error. Even tried reinstalling the app. No luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated because as of now I can't even seem to connect to the jb4 so I'm not sure how I will be able to update the firmware or load any firmware on there at all.
Reply With Quote
(#4352)
Old
dargorbr's Avatar
dargorbr dargorbr is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: wrx
Default 10-11-2017, 05:08 AM

can the mac os app use the bluetooth connect kit?
Reply With Quote
(#4353)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,680
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-11-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midohio335i
I just started having an issue with my JB4 App gauges flickering wildly. The app connects fine over bluetooth, will still read codes and logs, but the displays will flash all over. I was using 32/6 firmware so I tried updating to 32/9 and still the same. Is my connect kit bad? I looked at all the wires and didn't find anything loose or damaged. Tried searching forums but found nothing about this. Thanks in advance.

Iphone 6
ios 11.0.2
N54 335i 2007
JB4 ios 7202
Firmware 32/9/T2
Disable demo mode in the settings tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreBoost
Hi, I have a Q50 with a JB4 and rev 3 bluetooth kit. I was trying to update the firmware and the update failed. I tried again, and then received an error saying that the jb4 had no firmware on it at all and not to start the car. Now, whenever I try to connect, I receive an error saying check hardware. I unplugged the car battery, then unplugged the jb4, verified everything was connected properly. Plugged everything back in and same error. Even tried reinstalling the app. No luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated because as of now I can't even seem to connect to the jb4 so I'm not sure how I will be able to update the firmware or load any firmware on there at all.
Pretty sure I'm helping you over email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargorbr
can the mac os app use the bluetooth connect kit?
Currently, no.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

Reply With Quote
(#4354)
Old
midohio335i midohio335i is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-12-2017, 10:16 AM

Thanks Dmac. Must have hit that by mistake.
Reply With Quote
(#4355)
Old
drj41 drj41 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: Q50 rs
Default 10-13-2017, 05:56 PM

Question. Will the app update automatically or do we need to download updates? Noticed Terry's app in his video allows one to change maps by double tapping the gauge. Doesn't work for me.
Reply With Quote
(#4356)
Old
Samus078 Samus078 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: n54 E93
Default 10-15-2017, 09:52 AM

Question, i bought à jb4 with thé mobile and bought thé app, worked for a year i think and now i Cant login anymore, it doesnt recognize my email and/or password, i heard i have to ask somewhere on this forum about resetting my credentials? Pretty noob on the subject, Anyone can help me out?

Cheerd
Reply With Quote
(#4357)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 101
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 10-15-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus078
Question, i bought à jb4 with thé mobile and bought thé app, worked for a year i think and now i Cant login anymore, it doesnt recognize my email and/or password, i heard i have to ask somewhere on this forum about resetting my credentials? Pretty noob on the subject, Anyone can help me out?

Cheerd
You will have to go and make an account, and register that account to your device. You do this one time and forget about it. This way people cannot run up and connect to your jb4 and mess up all your tuning :D
Reply With Quote
(#4358)
Old
neejay neejay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 10-15-2017, 12:29 PM

I updated to the latest version today (beta) and now it won't find my device anymore. Is there a known issue or anything?


2011 535i M-Sport - JB4, ER Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
Reply With Quote
(#4359)
Old
Traf Traf is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 224
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2009 135i Coupe
Default 10-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Hi,
One year has past since i last asked, still limited to 6 gauges ?


f*** v-bands clamp
Reply With Quote
(#4360)
Old
Genesysguy Genesysguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 2014 335i
Default 10-15-2017, 03:18 PM

Latest beta crashes on Android when trying to export logs via email or preview. Using a Pixel XL / Android 8.


------------------------------------------
2014 - F30 N55 335i (JB4 / ER Chargepipe)
Reply With Quote
(#4361)
Old
drj41 drj41 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: Q50 rs
Default 10-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Where can I find the update at?
Reply With Quote
(#4362)
Old
Tmos's Avatar
Tmos Tmos is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2011
Car: BMW 135i _ JB 4rd
Default Yesterday, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
I updated to the latest version today (beta) and now it won't find my device anymore. Is there a known issue or anything?
Having the same issue since the update.
Any ideas Donnie?

SAMSUNG Galaxy S7
Android 7.0


2009 E82 135i MT | JB4 G5 ISO * TREBILA Performance Custom flash * cp-e CP / Forge Performance DVs * BMS DCI * WAGNER FMIC * Xcede Performance *** * ***** Mids * BMS OCC * BMS Thermostat * BMS CDV * BMS Clutch Stop * RB PCV
Reply With Quote
(#4363)
Old
Genesysguy Genesysguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: 2014 335i
Default Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesysguy
Latest beta crashes on Android when trying to export logs via email or preview. Using a Pixel XL / Android 8.
Got an update today to A170 and it still crashes.


------------------------------------------
2014 - F30 N55 335i (JB4 / ER Chargepipe)
Reply With Quote
(#4364)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,680
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj41
Question. Will the app update automatically or do we need to download updates? Noticed Terry's app in his video allows one to change maps by double tapping the gauge. Doesn't work for me.
Depends on if you have auto-update enabled or not in the settings app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
I updated to the latest version today (beta) and now it won't find my device anymore. Is there a known issue or anything?
I'm toying with some changes on the Android beta related to BTLE. A170 should allow you to connect now. In the process of some larger behind the scenes updates for Android so please post here or email me with any issues. This applies to all of my beta testers. support@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traf
Hi,
One year has past since i last asked, still limited to 6 gauges ?
Still not bubbled to the top of my priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesysguy
Latest beta crashes on Android when trying to export logs via email or preview. Using a Pixel XL / Android 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmos
Having the same issue since the update.
Any ideas Donnie?

SAMSUNG Galaxy S7
Android 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesysguy
Got an update today to A170 and it still crashes.
Looking into it right now. Hopefully I can get a new beta up in a few minutes.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

Reply With Quote
(#4365)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,680
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Don't have access to my Android device at the moment so if someone wants to test this Android fix right now (crash when emailing logs), shoot me an email (support@jb4connectkit.com).


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
Drag_n54
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com