N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2017, 04:38 PM

There is a load factor in the algorithm. Note load at idle with ac on and off. It changes. The more data we get the better we can make it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#252)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 10-11-2017, 04:52 PM

As soon as I get time to get my PI installed, I'll be a tester. Anybody that has a ethanol sensor will really help with the data since it will help ensure accuracy.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#253)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 10-11-2017, 08:22 PM

I emailed already on Mon. Would you send KLINE firmware, please?
Thanks

2007 335xi -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC -- RB PCV
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#254)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2017, 08:26 PM

Found you in my spam box and replied!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#255)
Old

Default 10-12-2017, 08:02 AM

Got it and will upload tonight

2007 335xi -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC -- RB PCV
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#256)
Old

Car: 09 E92 N54
Default 10-12-2017, 02:34 PM

Updated my JB4 firmware so now I have virtual flex fuel sensor (no physical sensor). I fill up my tank when my car shows that it has about 20 miles left of gas (16.5 average MPG). I pour 6 gal of E85 and top up with 91. At my gas station (Silvas Oil in Ventura) it says that E85 ethanol content is 51-83% (quite a range) so I should have something between E25 and E37.
When I updated my firmware I had a full tank and my E85 gauge showed 0, after driving half of my tank it was showing around 30, at the end of the tank it showed 55 now I refiled my tank the same way and drove a bit and my E85 gauge is still climbing (around 57 now). I did not changed the constant. Most of my driving was "city" driving - no long idles or long non-stop trips.
Just sharing my experience

Freude am Fahren

Last edited by lukas; 10-12-2017 at 04:29 PM..
(#257)
Old

Default 10-13-2017, 09:42 PM

KLINE model, see sig for mods (1.3 low end fuel scalar). Altitude 5500ft. VFF bias at 132.
Pumped this morning 10 gal E85 and 5 gal pump 91, which gives
max E60 (if E85 is 85% and pump is 10% ethanol)
min E47 (if E85 is 70% and pump 0%)
After evening commute I connected with the jb4 interface, initial reading 65 (too high), which went down to 55 after a few minutes of idling in the garage (seems like a reasonable value). A/C on/off does not seem to make a significant difference (load 15 vs 13), same E reading either case.

This is really great to monitor seasonal changes in E content. Much appreciated. Thanks!

JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#258)
Old

Car: 09 AW 135i
Default 10-14-2017, 03:07 AM

Just updated, read everything, and am somewhat confused by what needs to be checked in "Ethanol Setup" for my PI car and in WMI tab in general. Please let me know if this is good.

Checked:
-DTML Flexfuel Input
-Scale PI on Flexfuel
-Startup E85 Indicator

Also still using WMI "Min PSI" (0-15) as trigger @ 12 as suggested more than a year ago now. Is this still necessary? When I save the settings the number automatically goes up to 17 or 20, if left at 0 stays at 0. This is on the OSX interface.

External triggers are set to:
Enabled - 1
Min RPM - 2500
Max RPM - 7200
Min TPS - 70

Thanks

2009 135i ///M Sport - 6 SPD
JB4 . MHD . E85 . FUEL IT! STG 3 . FUEL IT! PI . BMS DCI . ER CP . PURE STAGE 2 . RB INLETS . OUTLET . SYNAPSE DV . WAGNER EVO 2 . UR DOWNS . HPF EXHAUST . 335is CLUTCH . MFACTORY SMFW . BC COILOVERS . M3 SUSPENSION . M3 VERT SWAY BAR . M4 PLUGS .
(#259)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2017, 09:14 AM

Do you have a physical flex fuel sensor sensor? If not then none of the flex fuel sensor input options should be selected.

Burger Motorsports

(#260)
Old

Car: 09 AW 135i
Default 10-14-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Do you have a physical flex fuel sensor sensor? If not then none of the flex fuel sensor input options should be selected.
I dont have a physical sensor, so I would have to uncheck the DTML input? I thought that was the hijacked voltage signal.

So only check Scale PI on flexfuel and startup indicator then?

Let me know about the other question I had on the WMI tab settings. Thanks for your time,

2009 135i ///M Sport - 6 SPD
JB4 . MHD . E85 . FUEL IT! STG 3 . FUEL IT! PI . BMS DCI . ER CP . PURE STAGE 2 . RB INLETS . OUTLET . SYNAPSE DV . WAGNER EVO 2 . UR DOWNS . HPF EXHAUST . 335is CLUTCH . MFACTORY SMFW . BC COILOVERS . M3 SUSPENSION . M3 VERT SWAY BAR . M4 PLUGS .
(#261)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2017, 01:59 PM

With no physical sensor you'll be using the virtual sensor logic. I'd hold off on clicking scale PI on flexfuel until you know the E85 reading you are getting off the virtual sensor is close to accurate. I like the startup E85 indicator but that is personal preference.

Settings for secondary trigger look fine to me, if using that for a 2nd fuel pump trigger.

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Default 10-15-2017, 07:07 PM

After short commutes, stayed at 55 (about right), but after a longer 80 mile ride in slow traffic mostly under low load it learned up to the too high 65 value again, trending down when idling in the garage.

JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#263)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2017, 08:06 PM

Right now it's set to be plus or minus 10% but if you can identify conditions when it's learning up that would be useful. E. G. Outside temps, load, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#264)
Old

Default 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM

Is it still true that the algorithm uses only low load? How low? My scalar deviates from 1.3 already above load=60 at higher rpm (see below). I do this to keep trims in check within one FOL window.

Today learned up to E67 (too high), but then did not learn down during idle. The +/- 10% window is fairly wide, not easy to catch when and why it changes. When I get around, I'll play around with the unfiltered signal (fua=59). Thinking of it, could be useful to map this on the fuel/oilT gauges, just an idea.

Personally, I am not so much interested in the exact absolute E content, but more in relative changes. I have my car tuned for a reference point, and want to know quickly when the fuel deviates from that reference, eg due to seasonal changes.

Name:  scalar.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  145.3 KB

JB4 + BMS bef (E50)

Last edited by yellowfin; 10-16-2017 at 10:08 PM..
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2017, 08:59 AM

Right now it's set to learn around idle speed. So loads of 10-30, for example.

The algorithm itself is a work in progress. Development was sidelined while we got KLINE up to speed with DCAN. Now that all models are on the same page again, we can continue work on the algorithm.

Ideally the algorithm would run after adding gas to the tank and then stick at that value until it noticed more gas added. But for development I've left it active at all times so we can better understand how it's moving around and under what variables, to try to better incorporate those in to the algorithm itself.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old

Default 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM

Today, it moved around between 60 and 70. True E content probably around 55, but no higher than 60. VSO at 132. I took a few logs with FUA=59, see attached (renamed pdf for file size limit, really csv). Logged with "heavy throttle" unchecked. Outside temp 75. Hope this is helpful.

standing-ac.csv

standing-noac.csv

drive-noac.pdf

drive-ac.pdf

JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#267)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335xi
Icon1 10-18-2017, 08:43 PM

Hope this is helpful, I'm on 92 pump gas(e10) in Oregon, outside temp is 63F. I'm on map 2, and PUMP BEF.

Started with factor number 142 which learned the content down to 0. Adjusted to 138, that got me to E6-7. Which was pretty darn close and that value didn't change for around 30 min of me going in between stores around town. I tried to see if I can get closer to e10, adjusted factor to 137. That got me to e11. I was happy with results. Then filled up with gas and in 10 min content went to 21. I switched back to 138 and the content only went up to e23. I this point I got home.

I will keep testing next time I will drive.
Thank you guys for working on this, I am really impressed with the customer service we get here and additional features for FREE. Definitely worth supporting these vendors. Thank you
(#268)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 10-18-2017, 09:00 PM

Adding my data to this:

3gal e85 topped off with CA's awesome 91. Should be around e10-15. Temp was around 77F today here in San Diego. Custom Trebila BEF.

Started out setting VSO to 150 and played around with it up to 160. Currently sitting at 155 showing e10-e13. Not bad, I'd say. Going to continue to monitor it throughout the week and into the weekend.
(#269)
Old

Car: 09 E92 N54
Default 10-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
Adding my data to this:

3gal e85 topped off with CA's awesome 91. Should be around e10-15. Temp was around 77F today here in San Diego. Custom Trebila BEF.

Started out setting VSO to 150 and played around with it up to 160. Currently sitting at 155 showing e10-e13. Not bad, I'd say. Going to continue to monitor it throughout the week and into the weekend.
I think you should be somewhere around E 18-24 with 3 gal of E85

Freude am Fahren
(#270)
Old

Car: BMW 335I N54
Default 10-30-2017, 04:52 PM

my E85 gauge is not showing anything, Im running shell vpower 99, which should be E10.

what settings should I alter after the latest JB4 FW is installed?

(map1 , pump BEF.)
(#271)
Old

Default 10-30-2017, 09:32 PM

After FW update, you should see E85 value in the log section.
For startup gauge sweep, need to set menu 6/8.

JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#272)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 08:13 AM

Anyone having issues with the startup e85 reading ethonal. I have the sensor installed via fuel it and jb4 and everytime I start the car the rpm goes to a different number. Like yesterday it was at 3800, this morning its up to 5800,but on the mobil app it's showing e48

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
(#273)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic335IM3
my E85 gauge is not showing anything, Im running shell vpower 99, which should be E10.

what settings should I alter after the latest JB4 FW is installed?

(map1 , pump BEF.)
You'd adjust the virtual flex fuel offset until your reading hovers around E10.

Burger Motorsports

(#274)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
Anyone having issues with the startup e85 reading ethonal. I have the sensor installed via fuel it and jb4 and everytime I start the car the rpm goes to a different number. Like yesterday it was at 3800, this morning its up to 5800,but on the mobil app it's showing e48
It should output whatever the JB4 has registered. Is the JB4 setup to read the hard wired sensor?

Burger Motorsports

(#275)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-01-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It should output whatever the JB4 has registered. Is the JB4 setup to read the hard wired sensor?
I assume so yes as I can see ethonal content on the E85 gauge when logging.

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning