N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default About auto clear - 10-11-2017, 05:14 AM

Hello. I updated from firmware 32.6 to 32.9 T 2. Auto clear was canceled after updating. I'd like to reconfigure, but what number should I choose in the dash menu? Thanks in advance for all the responses in advance.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 543
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-11-2017, 10:06 AM

Do you mean revert back to the 32.6 firmware?


2009 535i Sport
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM

Updated to 32.9. Then auto clear is no longer usable. Is there no auto clear at firmware 32.9?


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Mr. T Mr. T is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 135i
Default 10-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoaki
Updated to 32.9. Then auto clear is no longer usable. Is there no auto clear at firmware 32.9?
Believe auto-clear was removed with the latest updates so JB4 could be compliant with some regulations.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 543
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Naoaki,
read the E-series jb4 thread that is sticky'ed in this very forum.
Read close. There are notes beneath each recent firmware version that tells you what was changed.

Mr.T is correct - BMS has removed the auto-clear function fromJB4 entirely. You can still delete codes when they appear through app, interface, or steering wheel controls - but no longer a way to have it happen automatically.

And Terry/BMS have removed the prior 32.6 versions that had auto-clear ... so unless you can find someone with 32.6 hex file to send to you, you may not have a choice.

I also believe that you may run into issues using 32.6 firmware with the newer phone app version. Those who are still using 32.6 or older version of firmware, can choose to either not upgrade their firmware and phone app ever again to retain auto-clear, or move to Canada/Europe where passive delete/auto-clear is not disabled.


2009 535i Sport
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 10-11-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Naoaki,
read the E-series jb4 thread that is sticky'ed in this very forum.
Read close. There are notes beneath each recent firmware version that tells you what was changed.

Mr.T is correct - BMS has removed the auto-clear function fromJB4 entirely. You can still delete codes when they appear through app, interface, or steering wheel controls - but no longer a way to have it happen automatically.

And Terry/BMS have removed the prior 32.6 versions that had auto-clear ... so unless you can find someone with 32.6 hex file to send to you, you may not have a choice.

I also believe that you may run into issues using 32.6 firmware with the newer phone app version. Those who are still using 32.6 or older version of firmware, can choose to either not upgrade their firmware and phone app ever again to retain auto-clear, or move to Canada/Europe where passive delete/auto-clear is not disabled.
thank you for your answer. 32.9 The firmware seems to have no auto clear indeed. I feel a little inconvenient. I have 32.6 data and I am wondering whether I should return. If you return it will auto-clear but it will be troubled because you can not use the new function.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Mr. T Mr. T is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 135i
Default 10-12-2017, 07:18 AM

I might still have the 32.6 hex files. If you want them I can check to see if I have them saved and send them if I do.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
AWSAWS's Avatar
AWSAWS AWSAWS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,394
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 10-12-2017, 07:38 AM

No Autoclear. Interesting. I did not know this and I loaded the 32.9 flash last night.


UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
AWSAWS's Avatar
AWSAWS AWSAWS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,394
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 10-12-2017, 07:39 AM

So 1/3 takes no action anymore?


UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,710
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 10-12-2017, 07:41 AM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47748


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
naoaki's Avatar
naoaki naoaki is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2016
Car: 335i
Default 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Auto clear is definitely deleted in 32.9. However, it seems that it is possible to operate auto clear using the interface in areas other than the United States. Since I am an area other than the United States, I was able to set it by the interface.


BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
mojo20032004 mojo20032004 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 366
Join Date: Dec 2014
Car: e90 335i
Default 10-13-2017, 05:48 AM

Majority of the market has a backend flash now since mhd joined forces with jb4. That being said autoclear was able to clear *** codes but with a backend flash, those codes no longer appear anyway making the autoclear not needed


2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
LessIsMore's Avatar
LessIsMore LessIsMore is offline
Inner Circle Member
 
Posts: 543
Join Date: Aug 2012
Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-13-2017, 08:10 AM

From what Terry has said recently since this was implemented and people started to voice their displeasure, I believe MHD (and potentially other BEF companies) is going to have to take the same action of disabling auto-clear due to US federal regs/agencies.


2009 535i Sport
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 103
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 10-13-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
Majority of the market has a backend flash now since mhd joined forces with jb4. That being said autoclear was able to clear *** codes but with a backend flash, those codes no longer appear anyway making the autoclear not needed
Burger Motorsports and MHD are not the same company, and they do not make the decision to remove *** codes from the software. Some OTS and custom tunes have *** codes removed, but those are intended strictly for off road race vehicles, and are not a product of Burger Motorsports in any way.

It is illegal to bandaid any emissions issue through tuning or piggybacks on road cars. Period. End of story. Burger Motorsports does not in any way bypass emissions. If I am not mistaken, they are now only developing builds on catted cars, now. The JB4 has the capability of clearing fault codes. If you want to use that capability to clear out fault codes while you make the decision to violate emissions law (and actually enjoy your car), that is 100% on you. Burger can't do it for you, that's all.

MHD gives you the ability to modify anything in the back end. You make the decision to remove the *** codes, as the tuner.

Can you get in trouble for doing this? Yes, but it seems unlikely.

Can Burger Motorsports (and tuners like myself) get in trouble for doing this? Absolutely. We can be shut down. Especially in states like Texas (where I am) and California (where BMS is).
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
mojo20032004 mojo20032004 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 366
Join Date: Dec 2014
Car: e90 335i
Default 10-13-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Burger Motorsports and MHD are not the same company, and they do not make the decision to remove *** codes from the software. Some OTS and custom tunes have *** codes removed, but those are intended strictly for off road race vehicles, and are not a product of Burger Motorsports in any way.

It is illegal to bandaid any emissions issue through tuning or piggybacks on road cars. Period. End of story. Burger Motorsports does not in any way bypass emissions. If I am not mistaken, they are now only developing builds on catted cars, now. The JB4 has the capability of clearing fault codes. If you want to use that capability to clear out fault codes while you make the decision to violate emissions law (and actually enjoy your car), that is 100% on you. Burger can't do it for you, that's all.

MHD gives you the ability to modify anything in the back end. You make the decision to remove the *** codes, as the tuner.

Can you get in trouble for doing this? Yes, but it seems unlikely.

Can Burger Motorsports (and tuners like myself) get in trouble for doing this? Absolutely. We can be shut down. Especially in states like Texas (where I am) and California (where BMS is).
Correct. Of course laws have to be followed. Those who chose to break them is on them 100%.


2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com