N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#4551)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyknit
Thanks. Let me try set the map to map 1 and monitor (by not running the app at all). I guess you can only tell whether it reset back to map 0 by looking at the dash during engine start up.

Friend of mine 340 (B58 also) also encounter the same issue.
Interesting. Might be something with the B58 firmware.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4552)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 04-13-2018, 05:57 AM

Has anyone experienced the bluetooth module disconnecting after approx 60 secs? When I'm driving it will connect but after about 60 secs is disconnects and it continues to do this everytime I reconnect. When I'm parking in my garage it does not disconnect so I have no idea what's happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also noticed when I'm in 7th gear it doesn't show on the app, stops at 6.
(#4553)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 04-13-2018, 10:52 AM

Hello,

I recently got a new 2018 m3 zcp and put a new jb4 on it. I had a jb connect kit from about a year ago, I ran the red wire to the battery terminal metal cap/screen - it seems to power up, attempts a ble handshake 3-4 times then says that the REV 1 is not longer supported?

Is this true? I've been ready that it looks like that red wire (no blue wire on the rev3) tapes into a power wire coming from the jb itself? Maybe having it tighted under the battery terminal under the hood isnt powering it enough?

Is there a way to test this or move the power cord to tap into the jb now? OR do I need the REV 3 to work on the latest S55 JB4?

PLEASE help!
(#4554)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-13-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
I have been having this issue for several months now. I believe it is a communication issue between the Bluetooth module and the app. I seem to only get it at very light throttle.
I'm clarifying this situation with Terry and will post here when I have more info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd
How come you're so adamant about changing maps on the app? Do it on the fly with the steering wheel controls. Takes literally 2 seconds.

By the way, Donnie, appreciate that you updated the map selections (and other areas) to be bigger now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl22
Has anyone experienced the bluetooth module disconnecting after approx 60 secs? When I'm driving it will connect but after about 60 secs is disconnects and it continues to do this everytime I reconnect. When I'm parking in my garage it does not disconnect so I have no idea what's happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also noticed when I'm in 7th gear it doesn't show on the app, stops at 6.
Email me and I'll help you troubleshoot the first part. support3@jb4connectkit.com

As far as the gear issue, Terry says that is a DME limitation and there's nothing we can do about that at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Hello,

I recently got a new 2018 m3 zcp and put a new jb4 on it. I had a jb connect kit from about a year ago, I ran the red wire to the battery terminal metal cap/screen - it seems to power up, attempts a ble handshake 3-4 times then says that the REV 1 is not longer supported?

Is this true? I've been ready that it looks like that red wire (no blue wire on the rev3) tapes into a power wire coming from the jb itself? Maybe having it tighted under the battery terminal under the hood isnt powering it enough?

Is there a way to test this or move the power cord to tap into the jb now? OR do I need the REV 3 to work on the latest S55 JB4?

PLEASE help!
1) Ensure you have the proper kit revision selected for the kit you actually have. Selecting Rev 1 when you have a Rev 3 kit won't work.

2) Rev 1 kits are no longer supported as they were all replaced a long time ago.

3) Make sure you have the power wire in the correct spot for your engine type.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4555)
Old
Demigod

Default 04-13-2018, 11:33 AM

Android Update:
A new Android beta has been released (A225).

Please test the BT stuff and let me know how it works. I've been using this BT library for a few weeks now and all the testing on my end is solid.

Verified with:
Galaxy S4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Pixel 2

iOS:
I'll have another update for you all as soon as I can test these last few changes.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4556)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Is there a way I can tell which Revision I have? I have the grey one with a red cable? It's easily 2 years old...

Per #2, even if not supported, should still work? correct?

1) Ensure you have the proper kit revision selected for the kit you actually have. Selecting Rev 1 when you have a Rev 3 kit won't work.

2) Rev 1 kits are no longer supported as they were all replaced a long time ago.

(#4557)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Is there a way I can tell which Revision I have? I have the grey one with a red cable? It's easily 2 years old...

Per #2, even if not supported, should still work? correct?

My apologies, I do have a REV 3. I am wiring into the red power wire from the jb4 instead of connected to the battery terminal post under the hood...I swear that used to work and I hate digging into JB's core cables but I'm giving it another shot!
(#4558)
Old

Default 04-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Well I went out and connected it to the red cable with white writing on the JB harness.

Now it says awaiting handshake for about 3 seconds and pops up error saying cannot connect to JB4, please contact your support representative?

I did ensure that nothing else was using ble and had also shut off wifi to try and get it to connect.

Any thoughts here?
(#4559)
Old

Car: 09 E92 N54
Default 04-19-2018, 10:10 AM

Have you guys ever thought off making some type of constant logging function where if enabled JB4 would constantly overlappingly save all parameters for the last lets say 60 seconds or whatever timeframe user desires? Sometimes something happens and I wish I was logging at that time...

Freude am Fahren
(#4560)
Old

Car: bmw 335xi
Default Cant send email from ipad - 04-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Hi, any1 had this probleme , cant send email , it does the noise of sending but never get it..cant send logs
(#4561)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-24-2018, 09:52 AM

Hey, having a minor issues. I can't center the g force meter. Double tapping it puts 1/3 of the way right of center. I reset my phone, went into compass to try to re calibrate, no dice. Also in the compass, the circle in the middle indicating your phone is flat IS centered. Iphone x, newest iOS. Deleted and reinstalled jb4 app. Not sure what's going on.
(#4562)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 04-24-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngg692
Hi, any1 had this probleme , cant send email , it does the noise of sending but never get it..cant send logs
It's likely an issue with your email client, not the JB4 app. Confirm all email settings are correct and that you can send directly from the email app.
(#4563)
Old
Demigod

Default 04-25-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Well I went out and connected it to the red cable with white writing on the JB harness.

Now it says awaiting handshake for about 3 seconds and pops up error saying cannot connect to JB4, please contact your support representative?

I did ensure that nothing else was using ble and had also shut off wifi to try and get it to connect.

Any thoughts here?
Email support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas
Have you guys ever thought off making some type of constant logging function where if enabled JB4 would constantly overlappingly save all parameters for the last lets say 60 seconds or whatever timeframe user desires? Sometimes something happens and I wish I was logging at that time...
I like the idea. . I'll work on getting this implemented after the upcoming public release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngg692
Think I'm discussing this with you over email, if not email support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsniper12453
Hey, having a minor issues. I can't center the g force meter. Double tapping it puts 1/3 of the way right of center. I reset my phone, went into compass to try to re calibrate, no dice. Also in the compass, the circle in the middle indicating your phone is flat IS centered. Iphone x, newest iOS. Deleted and reinstalled jb4 app. Not sure what's going on.
Good catch. That is a bug with that particular gauge not redrawing itself correctly for iPhone X. I'll get it fixed.

(#4564)
Old

Car: f30 ps2 335i
Default 05-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackB
After the last update of the app (which in my opinion took place automatically at the end of January), I do not get display results for the ethanol content (now called e85), trans temp, water temp or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp are used to indicate, but clearly not anymore. I've noticed that there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.
Have you or anyone else found a fix for this?? Setting the app to 2/3 shows a value of 21 and 15/16 shows a value of 51 (my PI flow value). So neither of those are correct. Turning both bits off, yields no value... And does this impact the way my jb4 views ethanol content? I also have a value of zero for fp_l
(#4565)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xdrive
Default 05-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Is anyone else having a problem with log preview with an iphone X? When I preview a log, usually to see if it is the one I want to email to myself to analyze I can't without shutting down the app. The x to close out the window, is too high up in the corner that it won't allow me to hit it.
(#4566)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 28i xDrive
Default 05-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Don't know if this has been answered already (sorry, way too long of a thread to go through each post!).

I have both iOS and Android devices. From what I can see, it looks like if I want to use JB4 Mobile on both, I need to separately purchase the app for both. Is that correct?
(#4567)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-07-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxIan55
Is anyone else having a problem with log preview with an iphone X? When I preview a log, usually to see if it is the one I want to email to myself to analyze I can't without shutting down the app. The x to close out the window, is too high up in the corner that it won't allow me to hit it.
Yep, having the same minor issue with my iPhone X. You can only exit log previews when in landscape mode, but not in standard up and down mode.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver ACF Top Mount Single Turbo Build Thread HERE
(#4568)
Old

Default 05-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Yep, having the same minor issue with my iPhone X. You can only exit log previews when in landscape mode, but not in standard up and down mode.
Ahh, that's at least a good work around that I haven't tried yet. Thanks!
(#4569)
Old
Demigod

Default 05-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by listed5
Have you or anyone else found a fix for this?? Setting the app to 2/3 shows a value of 21 and 15/16 shows a value of 51 (my PI flow value). So neither of those are correct. Turning both bits off, yields no value... And does this impact the way my jb4 views ethanol content? I also have a value of zero for fp_l
I've tested it on my end and have no issues getting the E85 data. Try the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

If you still have an issue it's installation/firmware related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxIan55
Fixed in the beta. Send me your email address and I can add you to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot
Don't know if this has been answered already (sorry, way too long of a thread to go through each post!).

I have both iOS and Android devices. From what I can see, it looks like if I want to use JB4 Mobile on both, I need to separately purchase the app for both. Is that correct?
Email me at the address in my sig.

Android Users:

How is the latest beta working for you?

(#4570)
Old

Default 05-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
I've tested it on my end and have no issues getting the E85 data. Try the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

If you still have an issue it's installation/firmware related.

Fixed in the beta. Send me your email address and I can add you to it.

Email me at the address in my sig.

Android Users:

How is the latest beta working for you?
Thanks for the super quick reply, it's been bothering me for a while now and I feel like a dope for not saying something sooner. I sent you an email to your support email in your signature.
(#4571)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 05-07-2018, 04:41 PM

Finally decided to update the app in preperation of updated JB4 to the latest. Created account in the settings page. Now when I try to link my BT kit is says it’s an unauthorized kit.

I bought the kit new about 2 years ago. Never had issues before.

Already told the app to forget the kit. Also reinstalled the app.
iOS
rev3
N55 F series
Was previously on the BT connect version before requiring account registration
JB4 is still on the last version before removing passive delete

Last edited by Anthony235; 05-08-2018 at 09:37 AM..
(#4572)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335
Default Jb4 layout - 05-07-2018, 09:20 PM

Is it possible to put afr 1 and 2. Trims 1 and 2 next to each other for quick evaluation
(#4573)
Old
Demigod

Default 05-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
Finally decided to update the app in preperation of updated JB4 to the latest. Created account in the settings page. Now when I try to link my BT kit is says itís an unauthorized kit.

I bought the kit new about 2 years ago. Never had issues before.

Already told the app to forget the kit. Also reinstalled the app.
iOS
rev3
N55 F series
Was previously on the BT connect version before requiring account registration
JB4 is still on the last version before removing passive delete
Just made some server changes a few minutes ago, are you still getting the error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDrive
Is it possible to put afr 1 and 2. Trims 1 and 2 next to each other for quick evaluation
Are you on iOS or Android?

(#4574)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Android
(#4575)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 10:45 AM

Sorry. I was talking about when viewing logs, layout