N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB335I
any timeframe for a MT version?
It technically works for MT w/ pneumatic solenoid. The issue is the CAN wires which need to be tapped at the DME instead of the external location we can use for automatics. See the 535 section JB4 thread for some photos of where that is.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Default 03-16-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It technically works for MT w/ pneumatic solenoid. The issue is the CAN wires which need to be tapped at the DME instead of the external location we can use for automatics. See the 535 section JB4 thread for some photos of where that is.
this?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...16&postcount=3
(#53)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i M Sport
Default 03-17-2013, 06:26 AM

For Map 2, just choose Map 2 from the many map options in the JB4 interface? Or am I using the wrong interface for my stage 2?
(#54)
Old

Car: F30 335
Default 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM

I've read some users talk about a "learning" process when you change maps and need to do some wot runs as soon as you change maps. Is this true? If so, do you have to also do this when you uninstall it and reinstall or does it remember the last "learning" session?
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Any time you change maps its takes a few runs for everything to learn in.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Car: 2013 335i 8AT
Default 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM

Terry someone on another forum posted consistant 12.3's on Stage 2 first time to the track. Great Job!! Looks like the new 8 speed might give the F30 a little advantage.

Last edited by Buildbright; 03-24-2013 at 10:15 PM..
(#57)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildbright
Terry someone on another forum posted consistant 12.3's on Stage 2 first time to the track. Great Job!! Looks like the new 8 speed might give the F30 a little advantage.
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, that's with a **, drag radials, lightweight wheels, and 100 oct.

Still quite impressive.
(#58)
Old

Car: 2013 335i 8AT
Default 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinsoldier
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, that's with a **, drag radials, lightweight wheels, and 100 oct.

Still quite impressive.
First time to the track with a Alpha tune and was only runing a few gallons of 100 oct. That's Fast
(#59)
Old

Car: F30 n55
Default 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildbright
First time to the track with a Alpha tune and was only runing a few gallons of 100 oct. That's Fast
True my first timwe at the track with the car. Only got two test run before I had to enter the bracket race and get booted out. Trying to figure out how to launch the Auto. Got it to leave at 3000 with no slipage at all. HAd to be the MH tires. Tried an auto sport run with DSC completely off got a 12.31 at 111mph. Did a manual shift run same setting shifting at 6 and ran the same. The logs are really weird though. Hardly any boost in 2nd but 20psi in 5th in the manual run.

Car has a JB4 stage 2 ran in map 7. No meth yet "coming soon". ER *** free down pipe. Custom exhaust. No intake, running on MS109 mix. Thats it...

(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM

Sweet times! The 20psi in 5th was due to boost creep on map 7. Will make an adjustment for it and email it over later today.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Any time frame when the MT Stage 2 tune will be available? My friend won't go to the track with me anymore, says his car is too slow.
(#62)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i M Sport
Default 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sweet times! The 20psi in 5th was due to boost creep on map 7. Will make an adjustment for it and email it over later today.
F30 335i can run on Map 7? I thought stage 2 only allows up to Map 2?
(#63)
Old

Default 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A Gun

After seeing the blue, I sometimes wished I never put that order in just to be the first one to get the F30. How come your side view is two toned? I thought all F30 335 had the all black side view mirrors; or is that only with the sportline models?
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm
F30 335i can run on Map 7? I thought stage 2 only allows up to Map 2?
It's for straight racing fuel only.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 03-29-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1
After seeing the blue, I sometimes wished I never put that order in just to be the first one to get the F30. How come your side view is two toned? I thought all F30 335 had the all black side view mirrors; or is that only with the sportline models?
Think only the sportline have the black mirrors.
(#66)
Old

Car: 12 c250 Coupe
Default 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM

Terry -

I am thinking about replacing one of my cars with a 2012-13 X3 M Sport with the same engine in the F30 335i. Will the JB4 work with the X3?

This will determine my purchase decision
(#67)
Old

Car: F30
Default 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM

@terry

Just installed stage 1 and love it! I checked and I have the Pneumatic solenoid and I am considering stage 2. However the stage 1 kit I just bought does not have those extra wires coming from the large connector that hooks up to the module. Is the upgrade kit still in testing phases (as you do not have audible feedback when you switch fuel maps from the steering wheel) and when can we expect a finalized product as well as more details on dyno results of JB4 stage 2 on 93 octane gasoline.

Looking forward to your response !
(#68)
Old

Default 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM

Ill let terry confirm ( I was pressed for time and was only able to confirm CAN connectivity via rpm readout and a code reading) but there should be good news for MT drivers. I was able to tap into CAN in a spot very accessible near the AT tap point after doing some tracing.

edit: been driving around all weekend with stg 2. the tap point i found works perfect. now if my fuel econ wouldnt keep dropping...

Last edited by JB335I; 04-07-2013 at 05:04 PM..
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM

Yes. Will be revising install guide shortly. Nice find.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB335I
Ill let terry confirm ( I was pressed for time and was only able to confirm CAN connectivity via rpm readout and a code reading) but there should be good news for MT drivers. I was able to tap into CAN in a spot very accessible near the AT tap point after doing some tracing
Does this mean Stage 2 will be released for MT soon?
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM

That means it's now MT compatible for F30s. You just need to fish out these CAN wires for connection.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM

those are the red and blue with red stripe wires, IIRC, they are the only twisted pair in that conduit.
(#73)
Old

Car: F30 335i Sportline on order
Default 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Do those wires exist on the autos? If so, would they be a better option than the others?

2016 F30 340i M Sport Alpine White, JB4

RIP 2012 F30 335i Sport Line Mineral Gray, JB3/Stage 1

Stock 335i 1/4 mile time
(#74)
Old

Default 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN
Do those wires exist on the autos? If so, would they be a better option than the others?
probably do, but the autos already have the CAN tap points in an accessible location.
(#75)
Old

Default 04-13-2013, 09:01 AM

Is the JB4 Stage 2 ready? I'd like to put an order in.