Default 06-09-2018, 11:02 PM

Good news
new plugs and coils seems to have taken care of the issue of the misfire
I'll repost if anything changes
(#11278)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 06-14-2018, 02:58 AM

I recently added the BMS water/meth kit and am having a few glitches with purging etc .
Using the wheel controls, with key fob pressed in, car not running....i am not able to get the wheel controls to work.
If i start the car, turn off the engine with key fob still pressed in, I can then access the wheel controls.
But....when I press the accelerator to the floor to purge the lines nothing is happening.
This past weekend when I intially hooked everything up, altho the wheel controls were doing the same thing....I was able to purge the line. Last night I got to mess with it more and hooked up the final line with cm10 nozzle to the solenoid output and was no longer able to activate the purge via menus 7/5.
First purge.....I heard the water/meth pump activate etc.
Second time purging prior to installing the cm10 nozzle.....no pump activation heard and no fluid purged.

Possibly something came loose with the 2 solenoid wires ?
Should my jb4 mobile app be in developer mode?
thoughts on the loss of wheel controls for menu while vehicle isnt running ?

TIA !
(#11279)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister T
I recently added the BMS water/meth kit and am having a few glitches with purging etc .
Using the wheel controls, with key fob pressed in, car not running....i am not able to get the wheel controls to work.
If i start the car, turn off the engine with key fob still pressed in, I can then access the wheel controls.
But....when I press the accelerator to the floor to purge the lines nothing is happening.
This past weekend when I intially hooked everything up, altho the wheel controls were doing the same thing....I was able to purge the line. Last night I got to mess with it more and hooked up the final line with cm10 nozzle to the solenoid output and was no longer able to activate the purge via menus 7/5.
First purge.....I heard the water/meth pump activate etc.
Second time purging prior to installing the cm10 nozzle.....no pump activation heard and no fluid purged.

Possibly something came loose with the 2 solenoid wires ?
Should my jb4 mobile app be in developer mode?
thoughts on the loss of wheel controls for menu while vehicle isnt running ?

TIA !
Check the fuse. If it was working and it stopped that's the only thing I can think of.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11280)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2018, 08:01 PM

Ignition has to be on for wheel controls to work. If you need tech support either email in or ask in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11281)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 06-15-2018, 03:42 PM

So i now have the wheel controls working and the meth line and cm10 nozzle purged.
Is there a guide or can someone walk me through all the steps for the settings i need to change?
I had set the meth scale to 60, meth add to 40 and meth flow to 11.
When i tried to save those changes i got an “error” message saying valid n2o enabled range is 0-1

Currently been running map2 with bef. I will be running map 3 for awhile until i get a custom tune
(#11282)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 04:54 PM

Default meth settings attached.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#11283)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 10:04 AM

I've had a few reports of a strange bug with 32_12_T2 that causes some of the logging parameters like IAT, WGDC, and oil temp to jump around in logs. Rearranged a couple things in the firmware.

Added T6 to the first post, let me know if it addresses the issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#11284)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-21-2018, 07:16 AM

what is the t2 or t5 indicate are they just revisions of a beta before final release?

I am still running G5_ISO_32_10.hex should I load the G5_ISO_32_12_T5.hex that you just posted?
(#11285)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-21-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
what is the t2 or t5 indicate are they just revisions of a beta before final release?

I am still running G5_ISO_32_10.hex should I load the G5_ISO_32_12_T5.hex that you just posted?
You can load it up if you have issues with what he posted above.

Burger Motorsports

(#11286)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 06-24-2018, 07:51 PM

32_12_T6 - Trans Temp failed to display
Reverted to 32_10 and Trans Temp displays

FBO
JB4
BEF-E85
E40
PCV-EXT
XHP
(#11287)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 06-25-2018, 02:28 AM

It’s firmware 32.12 which has the issue. 32.10 is perfect.

Tested 32.12 T6 and it seems to have resolved the incorrect data.

Trans temp will be reinserted by Terry once everyone has okayed this 32.12 T6 and that it is working correctly.

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 422rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, JB4 S55 Bms E70 BEF tune, MHD F series flasher, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 364.9rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#11288)
Old

Car: bmw 335i n54
Default 06-28-2018, 10:14 AM

Any further updates to 32.12.6
(#11289)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2018, 10:36 AM

Going to rework how trans temp logs, so it's off for now. But will be back soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#11290)
Old

Car: bmw 335i n54
Default 06-28-2018, 10:47 AM

Thanks Terry. Will be waiting for the update.
(#11291)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 06-29-2018, 05:28 PM

Terry, meth strangely doesn’t trigger in both 32_10 and 32_12 it triggers in 32_9. The car is IJEOUS.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, Zage Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#11292)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-30-2018, 07:08 AM

am i right in thinking 32_12_t6 is the latest?
(#11293)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i Msport
Default 07-06-2018, 11:18 PM

Can anybody confirm Trans Temp reading on the latest firmware?
I just finish swapping PS2 on the car and updated firmware and when i went to look at Trans Temp all i see is 0
(#11294)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 07-07-2018, 05:49 AM

I'll wait for New Firmware to correct trans temps before I upload... I thought the issue was already corrected?!?
(#11295)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 07-07-2018, 05:52 AM

G5_ISO_32_12_T6.hex YES...
(#11296)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-07-2018, 12:25 PM

So Trans temp not reading is a known issue with this update?

2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
(#11297)
Old

Car: 2011 335is, JB4 w/dci
Default 335is Help - 07-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Hey Terry (or anyone in my situation,
Got the JB4 a while ago and have been running it for about 4-5 months. I drive a 2011 335is with MT and BMS DCI. I usually run map5 or map1. I am looking to see what would be next move to add to the car to get a little more out of it or if i can be running map2 with no issues..I also havemt gonein and changed any settings on the JB4. What should i do to best optimize my tune and car? Thanks for all your help!
(#11298)
Old

Car: E91 335i
Default 07-09-2018, 10:03 PM

Hi Terry

All my default settings are blank, do I transcribe the info on Page 1 into my settings? Also How do I know if I am using the latest firmware? You mention that the JB4 must have the G5 board, how can I tell if mine has the G5 board?

Apologies for all the questions I admit to being technologically dyslexic!!

Hope you can help!
(#11299)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Ack! How did that happen? Sure you are connected? You'd just fill them in from the first post default settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#11300)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-10-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Hi Terry

All my default settings are blank, do I transcribe the info on Page 1 into my settings? Also How do I know if I am using the latest firmware? You mention that the JB4 must have the G5 board, how can I tell if mine has the G5 board?

Apologies for all the questions I admit to being technologically dyslexic!!

Hope you can help!
You can directly email me if you need assistance.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports