N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW
Default New Project! 2011 335IS Convertible - 11-20-2016, 07:15 PM

I found a gorgeous Silver 2011 335IS that I fell in love with and decided to pick one up in red and see if I can mimic the look. Granted theirs was not a convertible or the same color, but I am determined to make a go of it!

I attached some pictures and was able to chat with the owner of the Silver one but lost contact with him. This is what he said he did.

Performance - He put on aftermarket down *****, charge pipe, dual-cone intake, front mount intercooler, coilovers, and a tune.

Style - He put on M3 competition package rims (and powder coated them - I will stick with non coated), front carbon fiber splitter, M3 side skirts, and side carbon fiber splitters.

So, with no further ado, here is my plan. I want to work on the Style first and wanted to see if others can help me make sure I am on track and a few things I am not sure of. From there, work on the Performance part.

Wheels - BMW E9X M3 Competition Package Wheels (Style 359) 19x9" ET31 (25.4 LBS, 31mm offset)
Tires Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 245/35/19
Side Carbon Fiber Skirts
Front carbon fiber splitter
Side carbon fiber splitters

The wheels and tires are straight forward. Same with the Side Skirt and Front splitter... What are Side splitters though? Also, can someone give me a great place to pick these up?

DDuke
Attached Images

Last edited by DDuke; 11-20-2016 at 07:23 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 11-21-2016, 03:03 PM

Really nice look.

The side splitters are the black attachment to the underside of the m3 side skirt.
(#3)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-01-2016, 03:09 AM

Nice silver 335!!

You can get the front splitter from modbargains. I'm not affiliated.

2008 335i ///M-sport 6AT, JB4 G5 ISO, VRSF *****, VRSF 7" I/C, BMS DCI, CPE C/P with Tial BOV, MFactory LSD