N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#901)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 02-16-2018, 04:41 PM

Hello , i have an M135i PGW with a ******** and i run in map 2! what is the interest of putting my jb4 in ISO? Thank you
(#902)
Old

Car: F25
Default 02-16-2018, 05:38 PM

I'd posted earlier about stacking BM3 OTS with JB4 on my PS2 X3. Common sentiment seems to be that they'll "fight" each other, but I haven't really found that to be the case.

I've been playing with stacking for a little while now, and with some tips from another stacked user, cnm135i, I've come up with something that seems to work pretty well, hitting the boost targets that the flash itself couldn't at my altitude of 5,500 feet.

Here are some logs from my baseline 15 psi tune. It outruns stock F10 M5s and F15 X5Ms at this altitude with this tune. Runs to 60 in 4.1 and 1/4 in 12.29 @ 116, according to Dragy.

I'm on stock fuel system other than a Walbro 450. I'll be installing JB4 controlled PI system with hardwired flex fuel sensor soon, once the parts roll in.

I'm thinking a BM3 E30 2H tune or custom E50 tune and the FF PI should give me some ethanol content variability and enough octane to put together some custom map 6 settings with 19, 23, and 27 psi targets.

1st through 3rd - https://***********/u/hardparker/log...-8-11-18-19-20

partial 3rd - https://***********/u/hardparker/log...-8-11-18-19-20

5th - https://***********/u/hardparker/log...-8-11-18-19-20
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-16 16_16_24Map_6.csv (14.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2018-02-16 10_08_01Map_6.csv (7.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2018-02-16 10_03_05Map_6.csv (7.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by hardparker; 02-16-2018 at 06:07 PM..
(#903)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2018, 06:54 PM

With ISO firmware it's impossible for the flash and JB4 to "fight" each other. DME BT is quite high here but not a big issue. Mapping seems reasonable enough to me.

I'd update the JB4 software so duty bias can auto tune itself a bit closer to WGDC.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#904)
Old

Car: m135i
Default Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Terry

Any closer to a solution for this post tip-in under boost?
Attached Images

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4
100-200kph: 7.0sec (93 and meth)
www.youtube.com/user/npharkes
(#905)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

I wonder why not everyone is getting this underboost..

check out my log...
Attached Files
File Type: csv (2) 2018-02-14 22_52_39Map_6.csv (8.0 KB, 5 views)

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - BT.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#906)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default JB error code - Today, 01:03 AM

error code

i cant clear this error

i try from carly apps and ISTAD too

but its not clear

i havn't DT

how to clear this code ! ?
Attached Images

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#907)
Old

Default Today, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror135
error code

i cant clear this error

i try from carly apps and ISTAD too

but its not clear

i havn't DT

how to clear this code ! ?
Did you disconnect your MAF sensor? Then that is the reason.

(#908)
Old

Default Today, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
I wonder why not everyone is getting this underboost..

check out my log...
Yep, yours looks PERFECT! Terry might be able to tell if this has something to do with the BEF or that you run stock turbo......???

(#909)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default Today, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Yep, yours looks PERFECT! Terry might be able to tell if this has something to do with the BEF or that you run stock turbo......???
Actually, I think its BEF related.. Did you try other BEF's or Terry' Beta BEF ?

Why dont you try TREBILA BEF ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - BT.Rv3 | TREBILA BEF Tune | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/XEO6ZpR.jpg |
Coming Soon: | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Custom High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor
(#910)
Old

Default Today, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Did you disconnect your MAF sensor? Then that is the reason.
nope

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
(#911)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default Today, 06:35 AM

Two logs since lowering FF. Boost is more on target albeit not perfect. Everything feels fine. Please see logs. Of note however, are a drivetrain malfunction:please drive moderately, that will pop up in the iDrive when Iím cruising on the highway under mild load say in six or seventh at 2.5K RPM on a slight incline and the jb4 picks up the 120308: boost is lower than expected. When this happens there is nothing that I feel or hear that would worry me, please advise. I donít know why it would throw this code of boost is relatively on target. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-16 17_39_01.csv (16.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2018-02-16 16_06_53.csv (19.9 KB, 3 views)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#912)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 11:09 AM

Quote:
error code
The MAP sensor is the one on the brown patch on top of the manifold. Put that connection to stock to see if its wiring related.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#913)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Two logs since lowering FF. Boost is more on target albeit not perfect. Everything feels fine. Please see logs. Of note however, are a drivetrain malfunction:please drive moderately, that will pop up in the iDrive when Iím cruising on the highway under mild load say in six or seventh at 2.5K RPM on a slight incline and the jb4 picks up the 120308: boost is lower than expected. When this happens there is nothing that I feel or hear that would worry me, please advise. I donít know why it would throw this code of boost is relatively on target. Thanks.
Just means boost is lower than the DME is expecting to see under those conditions. We have a potential fix for false alarm under boost in the latest MHD BEF. If on the stock flash you'd want to log it coming up so we can come up with a work around.

Your shift reduction is too high IMHO, I'd lower that. No reason to drop boost this much during shifts.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#914)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Terry

I only look at JB4 CSV logs. Don't see anything attached there.

Burger Motorsports

(#915)
Old

Default Today, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The MAP sensor is the one on the brown patch on top of the manifold. Put that connection to stock to see if its wiring related.
Thanks terry

Disconnect only the map from jb ... (other connector stay with jb )

And check error code ?

I

(#916)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default Today, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Terry

reduce Wastegate position to 60, and try if it helps reduce it more.

PureTurbo N55
(#917)
Old

Default Today, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Increase 6 cylinder setting to solve this.

(#918)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks terry

Disconnect only the map from jb ... (other connector stay with jb )

And check error code ?

I
Put MAP sensor only back to stock, clear codes, and evaluate.

Burger Motorsports