N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-06-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazRedGT
No not if you use an MHD backend flash
Thank you. It was very helpful. I am looking forward to trying Anti-Lag.

BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
(#602)
Old
Slo335

Car: 2009 e92 335i 6MT M-Sport
Default 12-12-2016, 09:12 AM

I just re flashed my car back to the new MHD e85 tune and my antilag wont work. The car just starts accelerating like normal when i floor it with the volume down pressed. I had a older e85 flash on a while ago and it worked fine so I'm not sure what changed.
(#603)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2016, 10:33 AM

Post a log in the support area attempting to anti-lag if you need help on that front.

If you have a very old anit-lag kit may need to swap the 1k resistor in the wire to a 100ohm or email us for a new wire.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#604)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i sport
Default 12-31-2016, 11:34 AM

So is the table changes are included in the MHD BEF or is a manual change still required?

Never mind, totally read over the answer to that, I guess my time was up to ask a stupid question lol

2008 335i Sport Jb4, MHD BEF, Alpina flash, Uncatted *****, PE Mod, Injen Intake, v710's , Vogtland Springs

Last edited by Vogt.ryan; 12-31-2016 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: I'm ignorant
(#605)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xdrive
Default 01-22-2017, 08:07 PM

Sorry I'm new, just to make absolutely certain, once I install the anti lag chip/wires, and have loaded the e85 MHD flash (JB4_MHD_IJE0S_E85.bin), then anti lag is ready to use? Just hold the volume down and floor it? And is it confirmed this works from a dig?

Please and thank you.
(#606)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Put timing in dash and you'll know it's working if timing stays at 0 with pedal at 100% while anti-lag is enabled.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#607)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Put timing in dash and you'll know it's working if timing stays at 0 with pedal at 100% while anti-lag is enabled.
Well did the wire install, and it does not work. I am running jb4 e85 back end flash through MHD, I hit volume down and gas and the car pulls like normal, do I need to log and post or?
(#608)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 01-26-2017, 07:55 PM

Did you change menu 4?

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 24psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF ** / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / MHD E85 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / CYBA SCOOPS / BC STAGE2 LPFP 10.98 @ 131
(#609)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 07:58 PM

Set it to 2 on menu 4.

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 24psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF ** / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / MHD E85 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / CYBA SCOOPS / BC STAGE2 LPFP 10.98 @ 131
(#610)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Set it to 2 on menu 4.
Yes. It worked from a stand still without issue, lit up tires on my xdrive lol... But I couldn't get it to work on a roll???
(#611)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 08:14 PM

That's crazy. I have never got it to work from a stand still.

(#612)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
That's crazy. I have never got it to work from a stand still.
Wow mine did first time. I held the brake, floored and volume down. And it launched harder than it ever has. Typically the brakes won't hold the car back and it will start edging forward through the brakes. But from a roll it always accelerated like normal. I have a log if that might help
(#613)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageN54
Well did the wire install, and it does not work. I am running jb4 e85 back end flash through MHD, I hit volume down and gas and the car pulls like normal, do I need to log and post or?
You can make a thread in the support area if you want public support or email it in if you need our help.

When you press volume down IAT should drop. If it doesn't you have a wiring problem. If IAT drops but timing doesn't then you're doing them in the wrong order. Need to let off gas, press volume down, then floor it 100%.

Burger Motorsports

(#614)
Old

Default 01-26-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
You can make a thread in the support area if you want public support or email it in if you need our help.

When you press volume down IAT should drop. If it doesn't you have a wiring problem. If IAT drops but timing doesn't then you're doing them in the wrong order. Need to let off gas, press volume down, then floor it 100%.

I will email you guys once I have a little more time to test it. Thank you
(#615)
Old

Car: 335i Pre LCI e92
Default 01-27-2017, 04:10 AM

I know ideally Ethanol should be used with anti lag...

But if i am running a pump and meth single turbo setup ... would it be ok to use anti lag then?

UK Based | JB4 32_2 | MHD Race BEF | VRSF ** | VRSF 7" IC | Tial Bov w/ VRSF CP | BMS DCI | BMS Meth |
(#616)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2017, 10:23 AM

Just set a lower anti-lag boost limit if not using E85. Maybe like 13psi for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#617)
Old

Car: 2008 e92 335i, jb4 tune, bmw m performance exhuast, lux halo lights, BMS intake, h@r coilovers
Default 01-27-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Just set a lower anti-lag boost limit if not using E85. Maybe like 13psi for example.
where do you set the anti lag boost limit
(#618)
Old

Car: 2008 335i FBO
Default 01-28-2017, 11:12 PM

I installed it yesterday and it drops the IAT to 20 and builds boost to the set amount but when I release the volume button the car hesitates and jerks and wont just take off under boost. Using the MHD E85 back end flash with e60 mix. Any suggestions?
(#619)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdrake27
I installed it yesterday and it drops the IAT to 20 and builds boost to the set amount but when I release the volume button the car hesitates and jerks and wont just take off under boost. Using the MHD E85 back end flash with e60 mix. Any suggestions?
Should be working great. Have the log?

I was testing this out yesterday on our Pure S2 E92 and the car was rocking off from 50mph in 3rd off the anti-lag... Everyone should have this.

Burger Motorsports

(#620)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 03-08-2017, 09:31 AM

What's the proper way to use anti-lag from a stop? Would I do it the same way as from a roll using the volume control? Thanks

09 335xi AT, Pure Stage 2 'DD' turbos, JB4 G5 ISO w/anti-lag, MHD Trebila tune, xHP Stage 3, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, NGK 1 step colder plugs, BMS meth kit w/dual cm7, BMS DCI, VTT inlets/outlet, RB PCV valve, BMS OCC, N20 tmap, Cyba Scoops, Lux H8 160, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF **, Custom exhaust, VRSF Chargepipe, GFB SV50 BOV, ER Sport Series Oil Cooler, UUC front sway, M3 rear sway w/powerflex bushings, BC Racing coilovers, Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads
(#621)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2017, 09:35 AM

Same way. Foot off gas, press brake, press volume down, press gas peal 20% or more, let go of volume and brake.

Burger Motorsports

(#622)
Old

Car: E90-N54
Default 03-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Should the OEM or pure stage 2 turbo use anti-lag?or just for the single turbo?

E90 335 AT|JB4 G5 ISO |TREBILA flash|anti-lag|VRSF 7"HD FMIC|N20 TMAP |BMS METH|3" **|walbro 455|Forge DV | RB PCV |DINAN oil cooler|XHP stage 3|MMP PI|MMP inlets|MMP outlets|MMP turbo
(#623)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 03-08-2017, 10:00 PM

I believe it's only beneficial if you have at least hybrids or single since the stock turbos already spool pretty quick.

09 335xi AT, Pure Stage 2 'DD' turbos, JB4 G5 ISO w/anti-lag, MHD Trebila tune, xHP Stage 3, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, NGK 1 step colder plugs, BMS meth kit w/dual cm7, BMS DCI, VTT inlets/outlet, RB PCV valve, BMS OCC, N20 tmap, Cyba Scoops, Lux H8 160, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF **, Custom exhaust, VRSF Chargepipe, GFB SV50 BOV, ER Sport Series Oil Cooler, UUC front sway, M3 rear sway w/powerflex bushings, BC Racing coilovers, Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads
(#624)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlld1984
Should the OEM or pure stage 2 turbo use anti-lag?or just for the single turbo?
With OEM turbos there is little benefit. Although, it's still fun. But hybrids and larger it's a must have if you do any sort of rolling racing at all.

Burger Motorsports

(#625)
Old

Default 03-10-2017, 06:49 AM

The brake pedal is still the trigger. I found that out last weekend just messing around. Not that I'm complaining. I like it better then the volume button.