N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 6MT
Default 11-07-2015, 06:57 AM

Installed anti lag and it works . Does anyone car feel
Like it bogs a hit when you release the button ? It sounds like it backfires a bit as well
(#402)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-07-2015, 10:18 AM

I don't seem to be able to adjust my timing total correction anything lower than -20. I've tried running with this but seems to push too much power to the wheels. Am I missing something?

Forge fmic,VRSF **, Charge pipe with HKS BOV, BMS intakes, BMS jb4 G5, backend pump flash, 19" MV4s, Golf T mod
(#403)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2015, 11:21 AM

Modify your XDF file to adjust the lower range on that table.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#404)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default G5 - 11-07-2015, 10:22 PM

Terry, is this in the G5 already or does it need this upgrade for anti-lag?

2008 E90 Sedan 335i, BMS G5, Quaife LSD, BMS Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Intercooler, Macht Schnell down *****, Bilstein Suspension, M3 Hood, Bumper, Sideskirts, Custom 700hp Oil Cooler, Square 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35R18 Continental Cup Tires.
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Anti-lag requires the extra wire but technically speaking any G5 board shipped after 10/1/15 has its 24k22 chip already programmed with the correct anti-lag firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#406)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 11-08-2015, 01:22 AM

Just want to check its the same position in dmacs rev 3 bt adapter? Between orange and black cables in position 4?

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF **|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#407)
Old

Default 11-08-2015, 09:51 AM

Thanks Terry, I figured it.

Forge fmic,VRSF **, Charge pipe with HKS BOV, BMS intakes, BMS jb4 G5, backend pump flash, 19" MV4s, Golf T mod
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatz86
Just want to check its the same position in dmacs rev 3 bt adapter? Between orange and black cables in position 4?
Yes same position.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default Anti Lag Logs - 11-09-2015, 10:51 AM

Some logs of the anti lag, I know my afr is weird... my hpfp is old
Attached Files
File Type: csv 19psi anti lag.csv (25.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: csv random map switch.csv (3.6 KB, 32 views)
(#410)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2015, 10:58 AM

AFR is maxed probably because of a faulty o2 sensor or related fault. Anti-lag won't work until that is fixed.

Burger Motorsports

(#411)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
AFR is maxed probably because of a faulty o2 sensor or related fault. Anti-lag won't work until that is fixed.
Yeah the car had an issue with the flash. it was right after flashing. I turned the ignition off then on and everything started working great!
(#412)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 11-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Hi Terry,

for some reason I am getting half an engine light every time I use the trigger. Example: when putting the volume down when listening to the radio, it appears or just after I release the trigger while rolling..

the code that appears is 2f30.... I went to the extent of setting fud to 50 and the half engine light still appears.

other than that it works perfectly and I tested it after install and the IAT does drop....

am I missing something?

RHD Top Mount ST
(#413)
Old

Default 11-10-2015, 03:16 PM

I may have to ditch MHD and move to JB4, seems you guys have features we don't.
(#414)
Old

Car: Bimmer
Default 11-12-2015, 01:44 PM

I need this so bad.
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Why ditch MHD? Load our JB4 MHD back end flash map!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 11-13-2015, 06:43 AM

Is this safe to run with meth? I would assume you would want to set the meth start psi higher than the anti-lag psi to ensure you aren't spraying meth during anti-lag mode?
(#417)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-13-2015, 10:39 AM

I think you'd want meth spraying during anti-lag to keep EGT down. At least its programmed that way for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#418)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 11-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Why ditch MHD? Load our JB4 MHD back end flash map!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236
Terry,
So is the JB4 MHD E85 BEF better than the BimmerBoost JB4 E85 BEF?
I own both so price isn't a consideration.
I've done BB before but recently bought MHD to try

I'm going to have to reflash when I get my car back with its new computer.

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF ** | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

Last edited by Texsquirrel; 11-13-2015 at 10:58 PM..
(#419)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-13-2015, 06:39 PM

The MHD platform is preferred if its in the budget.

Burger Motorsports

(#420)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 11-13-2015, 11:00 PM

Thanks!

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF ** | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

(#421)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-13-2015, 11:09 PM

Hey terry, I'm on the latest firmware update but I'm still having issues with the cold weather bug on the anti lag. Is there anything you'd recommend me doing? Thank you
(#422)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2015, 12:17 AM

If the issue is the flash IAT min is set too high for the weather then lower it using TunerPro. If you have a log of the issue I can suggest a specific change.

Burger Motorsports

(#423)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 11-14-2015, 12:26 AM

To make things easier, It could be automaticaly calculated from iat or outside temperature i guess

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#424)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2015, 03:19 PM

It's all basically automatic. But in climates where the temps are less than say 40 degrees ambient I think one of the flash values needs to be adjusted. We've also adjusted the JB4 firmware for those climates. Since so few engage us with low weather logs and problems it's all being done on as needed basis. When people send in the logs showing those problems then we'll help them fix it and incorporate those changes in to the general firmware release.

Burger Motorsports

(#425)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335 E92
Default 11-14-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
It's all basically automatic. But in climates where the temps are less than say 40 degrees ambient I think one of the flash values needs to be adjusted. We've also adjusted the JB4 firmware for those climates. Since so few engage us with low weather logs and problems it's all being done on as needed basis. When people send in the logs showing those problems then we'll help them fix it and incorporate those changes in to the general firmware release.
Doing high HP 3rd gear pulls for logging with ambient temps below 40 degrees is not easy and far from safe. That's probably why no one is sending you these logs.

JB4 G5 w/BMS MHD backend flash | MOTIV 750 | 100% E85 | MOTIV port injection | Fuel-It Stage 3+ LPFP | Akrapovic Exhaust | DSS Axles | DEFIV lockdown kit | Quaife LSD