N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1726)
Old

Car: F32
Default 02-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_2_T4:

Note: If your duty bias (on user adjustment page next to map6) is set to 0 your absolute boost maps will under target. So default all those values to 50.

1) Made map7 more aggressive when equipped with a back end flash map.
2) Adjusted in dash speedo so it lines up properly with standard dash. We'll add a metric speedo option down the road.
3) Added additional in dash gauge options under menu2:
2/1 Boost on fuel
2/2 Boost on fuel, meth on speedo ring
2/3 Boost on fuel, ign timing on speedo ring (shows lowest cylinder)
2/4 Boost on fuel, air/fuel ratio on speedo ring
4) Added duty bias auto tuning by RPM. To test this out set FutureUseD Bit5 on, and we also suggest setting FutureUseD Bit1 on to disable FF learning. Default FF to 100, duty bias to 50 across the board, and as you do full throttle runs duty bias should optimize itself by RPM.
5) Added startup sweep when JB4 is enabled. Can be disabled by also disabling BC button for in dash controls (FutureUseD Bit0).
Thank you for all the advancements with the Jb4.

Does the map 7 work in conjunction with any BEF thats not MHD? If I were running a Hex or BPM BEF with Meth would this map and update work apply? conjunction?
(#1727)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2018, 12:30 PM

Log it and we can evaluate it. The basic change is we no longer lower boost on map7 as a function of intake temps dropping, since the BEF remove the fuel cap we previously had to work around.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1728)
Old

Car: BMW M4 / Bms Jb4 / Kwe ***
Default 02-10-2018, 03:35 AM

Hi, I have '15 M4 DCT, If I dont have BEF , would map7 also work more agressive? Currently I'm running the old 1.7 firmware with 26psi peak on MAP6 on ~20% E85 / 100 Ron (EU -RON based pumpfuel) mixtures, with this setup logs seems fine, 100-200km/h around 6.5s. Planning to update the lateset firmaware now... This "duty bias auto tuning" would work without BEF ?
(#1729)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2018, 09:25 AM

Map7 is unchanged unless the back end flash FUD bit is set. If you already dialed in a map6 and are not changing the back end flash, I would continue running your existing map. You can play with the new Duty Bias learning though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1730)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 02-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_fcuk
Thank you for all the advancements with the Jb4.

Does the map 7 work in conjunction with any BEF thats not MHD? If I were running a Hex or BPM BEF with Meth would this map and update work apply? conjunction?
Hi there,
First post im a newb here, sorry if this has been asked already but just about to get into bandwagon world of port flashing.
Im currently stock other than meth and chargepipes and running JB4 to control the methanol injection and im running map 8 right now.
What map would be preferred to test with if I went with the OBD Hex flash? is it map 7? then by the sounds of it?
(#1731)
Old

Default 02-11-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunz
Hi there,
First post im a newb here, sorry if this has been asked already but just about to get into bandwagon world of port flashing.
Im currently stock other than meth and chargepipes and running JB4 to control the methanol injection and im running map 8 right now.
What map would be preferred to test with if I went with the OBD Hex flash? is it map 7? then by the sounds of it?
sorry not sure, sounds like Terry suggests to log it in map 7.
Gonna try it that when i get my summers on.
(#1732)
Old

Default 02-14-2018, 06:15 PM

Terry is meth enabled on map 7?
(#1733)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 08:57 PM

Yes meth flows on map7 by default unless disabled with the meth trigger setting.

Burger Motorsports

(#1734)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunz
Hi there,
If you need a flash don't get the hex flash. Use MHD to load our FREE back end flash map! It's only $299 for the flash license and then we provide everything else you need.

If running WMI you should always be using map8 for a full progressive meth flow safety. If you happen to have the BEF loaded then map8 will be "more aggressive" than those not running it. But same basic principles apply.

Details here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51166

Burger Motorsports

(#1735)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2018, 04:30 PM

JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_2_T11:

1) Adjustments to map7 when equipped with a BEF (26psi peak absolute map)
2) Adjustments to map2 when equipped with a BEF (22psi peak absolute map)
3) Adjustments to map5 when equipped with a BEF (25psi peak absolute map, boost ramp up to redline)
4) Adjustments to JB4 fuel trim mapping
5) Added "metric" speedo setup under menu5, option 1. Shifted boost by gear adjustments each up 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#1736)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newm4
terry can u send me the mhd flash i am runing all your jb4 parts i am in ny and wood love to get on thank you i have all I have all cables and I am also setup for teamViewer thank you
2015 m4
You have to contact MHD first to get their Stage0 loaded. Then we can send the back end flash map to load once MHD is installed. Details in the link above.

Burger Motorsports

(#1737)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 02-15-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_2_T11:

1) Adjustments to map7 when equipped with a BEF (26psi peak absolute map)
2) Adjustments to map2 when equipped with a BEF (22psi peak absolute map)
3) Adjustments to map5 when equipped with a BEF (25psi peak absolute map, boost ramp up to redline)
4) Adjustments to JB4 fuel trim mapping
5) Added "metric" speedo setup under menu5, option 1. Shifted boost by gear adjustments each up 1.
Does that work as well for bm3 bef?

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1738)
Old

Car: 135i and M3 E30 Evo III
Send a message via Skype™ to Babyjoe1973
Default 02-16-2018, 01:29 AM

What`s the current BEF for the F80 ZCP? I got the "JB4_S55_Race_5.bin" from Terry! Is it the up-to-date Version?

BMW M3 F80 ZCP
(#1739)
Old

Car: F10 530d
Default 02-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyjoe1973
What`s the current BEF for the F80 ZCP? I got the "JB4_S55_Race_5.bin" from Terry! Is it the up-to-date Version?
Its xxx_Race_8.bin in my opinion.
(#1740)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyjoe1973
Email if you need the latest.

Burger Motorsports

(#1741)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Does that work as well for bm3 bef?
Don't know how well the JB4 changes we're making will respond to a BM3 BEF since we didn't write the BM3 BEF nor have we tested it. I know one way to find out?

Burger Motorsports

(#1742)
Old

Default 02-20-2018, 11:02 AM

Got the back end flash loaded yesterday. Car feels amazing and I'm only running map 1. Great job! Can't wait to start WMI so I can see even more gains.
(#1743)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-22-2018, 04:38 PM

Why is there no auto tuning map like on the N55's, just curious?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1744)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2018, 04:39 PM

We just haven't developed one yet. There are a lot more N54s and N55s out there than S55s... Full autotuning design is relatively time intensive.

We did recently add dutybias auto tuning though to the EWG models which is 1/3 of the full autotuning work. So it's coming.

Burger Motorsports

(#1745)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newm4
terry can send the back end flash map i have map 0 MHD Stage0 loaded
Sure what is your email address?

Burger Motorsports

(#1746)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2018, 09:31 PM

JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_2_T12:

Enabled alternative meth safety algorithms. Meth safety settings now as follows:

*Meth Safety Mode All Versions

0 - Raise boost on map8 as a function of meth flow and other data.
1 - Raise boost on map8 as a function of meth flow only.
2 - Start at normal target and failsafe to map4 IF flow drops below flow level for 1 second under boost. Enabled for all maps.
3 - When on map8 meth flow is completely ignored. Useful for using map3 as an adjustable non-meth map by setting meth additive from 0-75.
4 - Run a progressive meth safety on all maps. Progresses from stock (or flash only) boost target up to defined JB4 map target as a function of WMI flow.

Burger Motorsports

(#1747)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 02-25-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Don't know how well the JB4 changes we're making will respond to a BM3 BEF since we didn't write the BM3 BEF nor have we tested it. I know one way to find out?
Will soon have car back

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1748)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 03-19-2018, 08:14 AM

Hello... Where do I connect the red wire coming off the Bluetooth kit?
(#1749)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 08:36 AM

Directions in the blue tooth thread: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

One of the two red wires going to the TMAP sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#1750)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 03-19-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Directions in the blue tooth thread: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

One of the two red wires going to the TMAP sensor.
It confused me because my red wire has an end that looks like it needs to be screwed down.