N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-24-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deider1
Have had this installed for over a week and have had no problems using map 1. Anyone had no problems with map 1 one but then map 2 caused problems? Also the bluetooth module connects with no problem but will not give proper feedback until they update phone app when out of beta.
Iíve been running map 2 for over two weeks and havenít had any problems.
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2018, 07:51 PM

I'd be interested to know how many of you have misfires, and at what boost levels, so we can plan the maps out accordingly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 04-25-2018, 04:00 AM

I had been running map 1 with 93 octane for about 400 miles, then started getting stuttering about 3K RPM when hitting boost. It started out barely noticeable, then got almost violent within a day. I removed the tune until I can re-gap the plugs, hoping that's the problem. Unfortunately I wasn't logging at the time to provide any better feedback than this. Any idea why the drastic change all the sudden?
(#79)
Old

Default 04-25-2018, 03:45 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I had to replace all spark plugs and coils and regap the spark plugs to .025. I'm on map 2 with no issue at all.
(#80)
Old

Default 04-25-2018, 03:50 PM

I've had the chip off for 2 days and the car is running great now. Hopefully no damage to coils or plugs.
(#81)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 04-29-2018, 11:47 AM

Has there been any updates on canbus? As far as misfires go, ibgapped the stock plugs to .025 using 91octane and map 1, 430mi later, no issues yet.
(#82)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 05-01-2018, 01:49 PM

BMS,

Are you working with this company or are they just copying your product and pictures? I almost registered on that site to call them out, but figured I'd let you handle it.

https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/thr...iggy-back-Tune
(#83)
Old

Default 05-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Any news on Canbus support?
(#84)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
BMS,

Are you working with this company or are they just copying your product and pictures? I almost registered on that site to call them out, but figured I'd let you handle it.

https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/thr...iggy-back-Tune
Bytetronik private labeled our hardware at one point, so they are legit, but their sales volume was relatively low and didn't meet their volume commitments. So we started working with the Kia platform directly as a a result.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerGT
Any news on Canbus support?
No updates yet there, been tied up with other projects. If anyone has a Stinger and wants to drop it off for a few days (we can send you home in a BMW loaner), it would definitely help the cause.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Car: 2018 STINGER GT1
Default 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM

I have replaced my plugs and regapped them to .22 and still getting missfires on map 2 then went to 1 and still there. Looked at all plugs again and look good so I'm not sure why I am still getting them the misfire is not bad not even a light yet just some strong stumbles ans only at speeds over 80 mph and wot.
(#87)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Well I started getting misfires around 80mph. Guess I need to check my plugs and regap.
(#88)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstyle
Well I started getting misfires around 80mph. Guess I need to check my plugs and regap.
Yea it's very common with more boost and power for this car. Once gapped tighter you shouldn't have issues. We've sold so many already with really good positive feedback.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Default 05-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yea it's very common with more boost and power for this car. Once gapped tighter you shouldn't have issues. We've sold so many already with really good positive feedback.
Thats is reassuring, was hoping it sold good that way it could get passed the beta phase.
(#90)
Old

Default 05-15-2018, 03:24 PM

Glad to hear the positive feedback from the community, have you sold any units to those with the 2.0?

I believe it has the same connectors and should be compatible. **Fingers Crossed**
(#91)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default Stuttering issues. - 05-16-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I have the HKS plugs and gapped to .024. Iím still getting the bad stutter at 80+ at WOT running map2. I havenít had a chance to log yet but will in the next few day so you guys can look at the data.
(#92)
Old

Default 05-17-2018, 05:19 AM

Stock plug gapped it to .025 on map 2. Had about 3 weeks and running it hard with no issue.
(#93)
Old

Default 05-17-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinís GT2
I have the HKS plugs and gapped to .024. Iím still getting the bad stutter at 80+ at WOT running map2. I havenít had a chance to log yet but will in the next few day so you guys can look at the data.
Do u have any other mods installed as well?
(#94)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 05:21 AM

Just a catback.
(#95)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default 05-18-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdouga
Do u have any other mods installed as well?
I have the K&N Typhoon intakes. Going to do the porting on my down ***** as Torque showed in his video to giv it a little more flow.
(#96)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 10:49 AM

I cant see the intakes or catback causing issues, hopefully bms can get an answer for u. Btw any link for the porting?
(#97)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 10:54 AM

They replaced the down p i pe / secondary c a t with straight p i pes. They ported the primary c a t, which is must more difficult to get to.
(#98)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 05-18-2018, 10:57 AM

What exactly is 'porting a c at' ?? Is that just removing the catalyst material, traditionally called 'gutting the c at'?

2009 535i Sport
Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

(#99)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinís GT2
I believe your coil is bad.
(#100)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM

I can't find the post now, but I believe they actually removed material from the cast piece going into the c at. If my memory is correct, the p ipe narrows quite a bit there. You kinda see the right side (inlet) is a narrow cast piece.
Attached Images