2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE ***
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
The event got more fun after half the people left.. got lots of runs in. IAT's were horrible and car managed a best of 11.31 and best trap was 132. Ironically it got quick on the drive back home after filling 3/4 tank with 91-octane (seems my tune likes a 95-97 octane mix) and I managed the 5.4s 100-200 KMPH.

Terry's car moved - need to get the M5 to shed another 700 lbs :-)

I was browsing the time-slips and the back-half 1/8-mile gains were anywhere from 28-31mph, so power/weight is there. Time for better tires.
I planned to take another pass or two at the end of the night but got busying troubleshooting the 435. By the time I was done with that it was past midnight.

With better tires you'll get in the 10s. Hopefully the new ESS turbos work out. If not give PURE a crack at it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default 08-24-2015, 11:05 AM

Great work Brother!

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Great work Brother!
Thanks! Coming out to SS 10/24? We'll have to line up for battle of the quickest socal M3s. We should definitely do it whenever DA is at its highest and after you've been idling in the staging lanes for 20 min or so though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-24-2015, 02:10 PM

Overall only Terry did good. Best 60ft I got was 2.0 and 11.9 at 120mph on map 7.

Terry I think e30 fuel would have been better no?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#31)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-24-2015, 07:31 PM

haha nice I was there to witness lol I wanted to see the 135 in action
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Overall only Terry did good. Best 60ft I got was 2.0 and 11.9 at 120mph on map 7.

Terry I think e30 fuel would have been better no?
It's hard to say. I think the temperatures were the main problem. Both 500whp cars ran around 120mph. Next time lets try E30 and a BMS meth kit on yours.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22
haha nice I was there to witness lol I wanted to see the 135 in action
I was torn on what car to bring but in the end the M3 is newer and more exciting to race. The 135i is fun too but it's a different sort of fun.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 08-25-2015, 01:08 PM

Just got word that I won the trophy for fastest Euro car at the event last weekend - not bad!
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2015, 02:07 PM

lol quickest?

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM

Yes - not fastest... quickest! Knew you would catch that Terry!
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2015, 03:42 PM

Haha damn I should have taken another run!

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 05:32 PM

Next one may be Dec 12th
(#39)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default 08-26-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks! Coming out to SS 10/24? We'll have to line up for battle of the quickest socal M3s. We should definitely do it whenever DA is at its highest and after you've been idling in the staging lanes for 20 min or so though.
LOL, pretty sure I will be there. If you can get close to 700whp, I think you'll hit over 174.

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR
(#40)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-26-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
LOL, pretty sure I will be there. If you can get close to 700whp, I think you'll hit over 174.
Isn't there a limiter on them?

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Sweet! Although I don't think its really that fast. The 135i running at ~5.1lb/hp for example did 168mph starting a hair before the cones, so .4m? And trapped 136mph in the 1/4 with some problems. It runs 5.8s 60-130 to the M3s 6.3s on the same slope. At 645whp the M3 is ~5.7lb/hp. So I imagine the M3 will fall in the mid 160s cones to cones. I do tend to do my runs later in the day when its hotter out so my traps are never that impressive though.

The car is also speed limited at some unknown speed. Does anyone know what the actual S55 factory limiter is? It seems to disable the limiter when you're on the dyno. The docs say 155mph but I've taken it over that on the runway. I've heard various reports ranging from 158mph to 173mph, lol.

PS. If any event trap speeds don't really matter. We just need to line up and race from one set of cones to the next.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 08-26-2015, 06:06 PM

They shortened the track since Apr '15 so 170+ ain't happening unless we have some serious power like 800+ whp
(#43)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 08-27-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
The car is also speed limited at some unknown speed. Does anyone know what the actual S55 factory limiter is? It seems to disable the limiter when you're on the dyno. The docs say 155mph but I've taken it over that on the runway. I've heard various reports ranging from 158mph to 173mph, lol.
I did a lot of sustained high speed driving bouncing off of the limiter on the autobahn in my M4. The highest speed that I saw on the speedometer was 167 mph.
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid
I did a lot of sustained high speed driving bouncing off of the limiter on the autobahn in my M4. The highest speed that I saw on the speedometer was 167 mph.
OK I know the car reads 3-4mph fast. So then maybe it's really at ~163mph.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Just got word that I won the trophy for fastest Euro car at the event last weekend - not bad!
Not to bring up an old thread, but Ram???? Same allmotor_2000 (deceptive name) from the Acura days???

Small world.
(#46)
Old

Default 10-29-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert
Not to bring up an old thread, but Ram???? Same allmotor_2000 (deceptive name) from the Acura days???

Small world.
Yes sir! Still going... different platform though. Still on the Audi now or what are you working on?

Indeed - small world!
(#47)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 11-03-2015, 02:41 PM

T - doesnt seem like your f80 and TPG's f80 isnt much different? How are they getting consistent 10.7s?
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 03:32 PM

Just the 60' time. They've got upgraded axles, better drag tires, a pinned crank hub, and are willing to launch the car hard. My only interset in drag racing the car was to get the trap record. When someone passes us I'll take it back to get the record again. I'm sure it can get close to 140mph with full boost in the right weather.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I know... First run with less boost it did 132mph. Then 134mph. Then 135mph. The last being at around 33psi IIRC. I'm also using the JB4 to raise timing a bit over stock.

*** edit Here is a log of the run.
Where is the info on how to get the JB4 to raise timing over stock ?
(#50)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Just the 60' time. They've got upgraded axles, better drag tires, a pinned crank hub, and are willing to launch the car hard. My only interset in drag racing the car was to get the trap record. When someone passes us I'll take it back to get the record again. I'm sure it can get close to 140mph with full boost in the right weather.
Dec 12th...