N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

For trans temp - what is a high value for the ZF8?
I don't recall off the top of my head but when I looked at it during 1/2 mile races with our PS2 435 it was a total non-factor.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#602)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
cnm135, I just pulled up some of the logs from my other posts and checked those ignition values for 5 and 6, I am seeing values, so I think it is logging...what exactly did you see when you thought they weren't being logged?
He's probably looking at your logs from the older firmware where not everything is included by default.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#603)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default Yesterday, 01:47 PM

My truck doesnít seem to like ISO. It gave me a Drivetrain Malfunction after I hit the gas, and is also throwing a low boost code. Any ideas? I set the user adjustments as shown in the first post.
Attached Images

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#604)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 01:54 PM

You forgot to attach the data we'd need to help you, the JB4 log.

Burger Motorsports

(#605)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default Yesterday, 03:02 PM

I lowered PID gain just a tad and raised FF globally and now FF and PWM seem to be a good match right now, however I'm still seeing boost oscillations after "tip in".

I am also in map 5 and feel that it should be learning up way more than it is....it varies between 12.8 psi and 14.5.

Thoughts anyone?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#606)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You forgot to attach the data we'd need to help you, the JB4 log.
I didn't want to beat on it with the drivetrain light on. I reset it and will get some sort of log tonight. Its not gonna be great since I already have a date with a judge, but it'll be something.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#607)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Yesterday, 06:27 PM

Try these. Not ideal because I ran them in second gear to keep the speed down, but its not making much boost.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 19_29_16.csv (32.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 19_09_23.csv (29.3 KB, 3 views)

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#608)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 06:44 PM

WGDC is low causing low boost. Duty bias settings missing, FF set too low.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#609)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Quote:
WGDC is low causing low boost. Duty bias settings missing, FF set too low.
So where should they be set at? I set everything where you said in the first post. Only other change I made was changing from Map 5 to Map 2.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#610)
Old

Car: m135i
Default Yesterday, 07:12 PM

Quote:
cnm135, I just pulled up some of the logs from my other posts and checked those ignition values for 5 and 6, I am seeing values, so I think it is logging...what exactly did you see when you thought they weren't being logged?

Also, I am trying to figure out why my boost spikes a little at WOT and then dives just slightly under the target (and in some instances goes back over target toward end of the pull). I have raised FF globally (since I don't think map 5 is learning up) to try and match FF and PWM better, my next thought was to look at the specific RPM values and slightly increase the DB by RPM to get the boost back on target....

I notice the PWM going a little higher in each instance when the boost is below target.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys.
Just installed latest PC interface and I now see all the values

I am have that same issue with boost oscillating around the target. Terry is trying his best to improve the FW. But being PWG we also have to accept that boost control will never be as precise as on the EWG.
Your approach for finetuning this is correct.

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4
100-200kph: 7.02sec (93 and meth)
(#611)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
So where should they be set at? I set everything where you said in the first post. Only other change I made was changing from Map 5 to Map 2.
No, you overlooked the DB settings. ISO does not have build-in RPM gain. Set FF=100 and try again. Log in map1.
Attached Images

(#612)
Old

Default Gearbox temp - Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I don't recall off the top of my head but when I looked at it during 1/2 mile races with our PS2 435 it was a total non-factor.
Found this http://etereman.com/blog/luxury-tran...ssion-overheat

So...dont go above 200įF! I have seen 195 in several of my logs but never +200

(#613)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:48 PM

cnm135 - thanks! okay I will fine tune that way. I was looking through some of your older posts and noticed the oscillation in yours too so it made me feel a little better.

Also I just took three logs and finally noticed FF adapting to 97.

Pros please have a look, the first is in third and fourth gear (map 6 with 14 PSI across board) settings of (PID - 20, FF - 97, DWG - 80, ASBR - 60, DB settings from page 1) and I thought it looked fantastic. The PWG and FF are matched well and boost seems more on target compared to when I was in map 5.

HOWEVER, I am concerned because when I took a log in fifth gear (same map 6 and settings), it over boosted like a mother....yet the PWG and FF were still in line, the only difference I noticed was a bit of a gap between ECU and DME PSI. Please advise.

I included a third log of fifth gear again in Map 1 for fun.

Thanks again all. This is fun.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 20_49_06.csv (12.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 20_49_45.csv (8.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 21_03_25.csv (18.4 KB, 6 views)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#614)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Yesterday, 07:56 PM

Quote:
No, you overlooked the DB settings. ISO does not have build-in RPM gain. Set FF=100 and try again. Log in map1.
Thanks. I thought that stuff was only for Map 6. Iíll give it another shot tomorrow.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#615)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Quote:
cnm135 - thanks! okay I will fine tune that way. I was looking through some of your older posts and noticed the oscillation in yours too so it made me feel a little better.

Also I just took three logs and finally noticed FF adapting to 97.

Pros please have a look, the first is in third and fourth gear (map 6 with 14 PSI across board) settings of (PID - 20, FF - 97, DWG - 80, ASBR - 60, DB settings from page 1) and I thought it looked fantastic. The PWG and FF are matched well and boost seems more on target compared to when I was in map 5.

HOWEVER, I am concerned because when I took a log in fifth gear (same map 6 and settings), it over boosted like a mother....yet the PWG and FF were still in line, the only difference I noticed was a bit of a gap between ECU and DME PSI. Please advise.

That overboost is nothing to worry about at all. Your throttle is closing as it should to counter balance the overboost.
If you can, then try do a proper log 4th gear shifting into 5th, FULL throttle, 2000 to 6500rpm, DTC OFF. Then lets see.

(#616)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Quote:
That overboost is nothing to worry about at all. Your throttle is closing as it should to counter balance the overboost.
If you can, then try do a proper log 4th gear shifting into 5th, FULL throttle, 2000 to 6500rpm, DTC OFF. Then lets see.
EDIT: Oh wau! Looked at a wrong 5tg gear log. That is massive overboost! Terry will have to chime in on that

(#617)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Maybe the problem is that your throttle stay partly closed once you go WOT. The turbo is building boost but it has nowhere to go with the throttle not opening hence just building up in the CP which is what you see. The blue boost curve is boost measured in the CP and not in the manifold so it is somewhat misleading if throttle is not 100% open.

As you can see in my log here - throttle is opening 100% as I apply it hence CP and manifold pressure will be the same. I have been running a BEF for more than a year which work better than stock with JB4.
Attached Images

(#618)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Boost is read pre throttle, so its reading just spiked up because your throttle proportionally closed. Since you don't have the latest interface I can't see what manifold boost was. I guess Apple pushes updates 3-4 weeks after JB4 Mobile publishes them.

Diode is cut on JB4 board right? Assuming so looks like FF needs to be lowered at lower RPM where it's jumping over target.

Also, does it still log normally with FUD = 0? Or do you still need slow speed CANbus?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#619)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Boost is read pre throttle, so its reading just spiked up because your throttle proportionally closed. Since you don't have the latest interface I can't see what manifold boost was. I guess Apple pushes updates 3-4 weeks after JB4 Mobile publishes them.

Diode is cut on JB4 board right? Assuming so looks like FF needs to be lowered at lower RPM where it's jumping over target.

Also, does it still log normally with FUD = 0? Or do you still need slow speed CANbus?
Since when is manifold boost logged? I cannot find it in my log from today (A208)
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-18 12_44_33Map_6.csv (86.3 KB, 4 views)

(#620)
Old
Anti-Social

Default Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Since when is manifold boost logged? I cannot find it in my log from today (A208)
I think it’s the boost2 column. If you look at my logs you’ll see it all the way to the right. I have the iOS beta release that came out yesterday (2.3.1, build 7997), so that may be the one where it was added. Or it may be an older one, because you have that column too.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#621)
Old

Default Today, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Boost is read pre throttle, so its reading just spiked up because your throttle proportionally closed. Since you don't have the latest interface I can't see what manifold boost was. I guess Apple pushes updates 3-4 weeks after JB4 Mobile publishes them. Yea I'll look to see if I can update the interface today. I do have the latest firmware though.

I've been logging with slow speed enabled because I was hesitant to disable that function, thinking I'd screw something up

Yep diode for sure is cut, this is the first time I've seen the boost act like that. The logs in the same attachment for 3rd/4th gear this isn't happening so I was confused why all the sudden in fifth it would shoot up like that and since I rarely log in fifth, I was concerned that I saw good things in 3rd and would have missed this otherwise. FF globally was set at 88 and then learned up to 97, I will lower in lower RPM. Will this benefit the other gears as well?

Last edited by Marlinman; Today at 03:51 AM.. Reason: moving res[pnse
(#622)
Old

Default Today, 03:57 AM

also the difference seen between ECU and DME PSI?

(#623)
Old

Default Today, 05:21 AM

I took this today. It’s short but it looks more “in line” with other ogs oscillating. No more huge overboosting throughout range. Didn’t change settings.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-18 06_25_19.csv (9.8 KB, 5 views)

(#624)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default Today, 10:57 AM

Hi Terry & Guys,

I just installed my ps2 and did some log on map5. I haven't done the diode and iso yet, so should I start my own thread for logs help with fbo+ps2+e40 or I use this thread?

SO, after ps2 installed overboosting & slipping appears of course.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-18 10_23_41.csv (4.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-18 10_19_53.csv (6.9 KB, 2 views)

MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector, AFE Momentum Intake, JB4, VRSF **, CP, FMIC Race 6"