N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i e93
Default Opinions on lowering springs - 07-25-2017, 02:34 PM

Hey guys, i have an 07 335i coupe, my current wheel swt up is 19x8.5+33 in the front and 19 x 9.5+33 in the rear, what lowering springs do you guys prefer? I was leaning towards tein because they drop 1.4" in the front and .6 in the rear, but personal opinions are accepted as well, i just want the front lowered i run 235/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear, looking to go low with no rubbing, also running -3 camber in the rear
(#2)
Old

Car: X1
Default 09-12-2017, 08:26 AM

H&R with Bilstein B6/B8 are always nice, but if you want to lower without rubbing and dial in, then spend a few more bucks and get KW Coilovers

2014 X1 ///M Sport, N55, JB4, BMS Intake, VRSF Down Pipe, BMW PE, VRSF Charge Pipe, VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 335i auto Touring
Default 09-17-2017, 07:35 PM

I would say if its just the springs then a set of Eibach sports lowering springs might to it. They still give you a an acceptable ride with their variable coil design. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if BMW use that company to make their springs.
(#4)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default Yesterday, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Jeffries
I would say if its just the springs then a set of Eibach sports lowering springs might to it. They still give you a an acceptable ride with their variable coil design. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if BMW use that company to make their springs.
What he said based on my research drops were inconsistent with H&R. I also went with Eibach when I did springs.

-B
(#5)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default Yesterday, 08:03 AM

I'd recommend you do shocks/struts as well if you haven't already.
Everyone's orig shocks/struts are blown at this point, and yours will need to be matched to a lowered ride height. Also important with larger/heavier aftermarket wheels.

2009 535i Sport
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers