N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Note we no longer offer or support meth for the D.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#627)
Old

Car: grocery getter
Default 12-06-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Finally got around to adapting our WW kit to the 335D. Install is pretty simple with the only real task being you need to drill/tap the plastic charge pipe with a 1/8" NPT hole for the nozzle to screw in. Our trunk mount kits will also be fully compatible. Along with the meth kit we'll need to send you another JBD chip, and there is a wire you need to solder to the JBD. Or you can just send the JBD in to be reflashed and we can solder the wire to the board for you.

On the road it feels great. I did some on/off dyno testing and it gained around 20whp over the JBD only using a 50/50 mix. Overall not bad at all.
Awesome! No tach pickup? Does it not allow you to go WOT without kicking down like an N54? I assume those are shifts..
(#628)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2012, 07:34 PM

No tach pickup. You can do full gear runs. I just felt like doing longer multi-gear runs so I could keep an eye on a few things on the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#629)
Old

Car: grocery getter
Default 12-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No tach pickup. You can do full gear runs. I just felt like doing longer multi-gear runs so I could keep an eye on a few things on the tuning end.
I was joking about the tach pickup on a diesel lol. Is the meth just window triggered based on fuel pressure or is it solenoid / pump PWM?
(#630)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM

It's based on fuel pressure, pump PWM, solenoid on/off, currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#631)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-28-2013, 05:37 AM

Can i use this for my BMW 123d ? It's the same engine as the 120d/320d/520d, but has twin turbo and bigger injectors etc. I think it runes 1.5 bar(21.5psi) stock. Here in Europe it's too expensive having a remap it's like 1200$....
(#632)
Old

Default 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecsoman

My friend came with hes 2005 before facelift E60 535d to test the JBD.

Long story short, Terry is the best bang for buck probably in the whole world if it comes to BMW's, and he has the best customer service i ever came across.
So, JBD could work for many more cars than what it is sold for...
(#633)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i A/T
Default 02-03-2013, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
So, JBD could work for many more cars than what it is sold for...
I guess with a little adjustment it could.

I think its based on the lean running of the diesels to stay economy frendly. If you rich them up, they get stronger, but not eonomy frendly any more. So its a simple thing, which is by BMW's usually not that simple to change, but i think it must be similar by the D cars, so Terry could easy adopt it to other models, like 30d, 25d, 20d.

Keep in mind, that after a long period of time, the filter could be full of stuff, since the car is running much richer, so you have to floor it like a maniac to get it cleaned one in a while. Even Hamann makes the mistake that they tune diesels and the particel filter gets much more than it can filter after like 5000km's or so, since the owner drives mostly normal with the car.

Slow, stupid and angry...

2007 E90 335i AT, G5 ISO, FSB, BMS flash, RB's, RB PCV, **'s, ER OC's, Injen DCI, BMS OCC, FMIC, ER CP, Tial Q BOV, Walbro 455 LPFP, Snow meth kit injecting E85, runnung on E40-50, Alpina TCU flash, Wavetrac LSD.

Coming: BT FMIC, bigger better water rad.
(#634)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
Can i use this for my BMW 123d ? It's the same engine as the 120d/320d/520d, but has twin turbo and bigger injectors etc. I think it runes 1.5 bar(21.5psi) stock. Here in Europe it's too expensive having a remap it's like 1200$....
We've found the algorithm we've programmed works on almost all cars that share the same common rail fuel sensor. For example it's fully compatible with the Mercedes 350D, Sprinter, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#635)
Old

Car: 135i, ML320
Default 02-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Hi Terry, will you be able to add this feature to the next JBD and JB4 update? It's fuel quality detection used by BMW's DDE and DME. I would think for us diesel guys it would be specially helpful!
(#636)
Old

Car: 135i 6 speed MT
Default 05-08-2013, 08:50 AM

JB Diesel runs fine on a 2012 X5 3.0TDI?
(#637)
Old

Car: 135i, ML320
Default 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM

JBd installed with newest DDE. Set at 80%. No codes, no problems, no modification required. It really woke the diesel up!
(#638)
Old

Car: 535d 272hp
Default 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM

terry a question: i have a 335d 286hp remapped by me.
i have done a few test . Jbd increase only rail pressure, w/o change the duration of injection. Stock 286hp X35d motors comes out from bmw with 1600bar CommonRail pump and piezo-injectors.
with my test i have increased the rail injection up to 1700bar, (+100bar than stock), and the power is not 285 whp but more LESS.
my question is: JBD ,how many bars increase the fuel rail pressure to make up 285hwp?

535d black 272hp
(#639)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM

Has anybody tried the JBD on a new 2012/12 X6 4.0D?

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#640)
Old

Default 10-27-2014, 07:14 PM

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make CAN Tool work ? It showing me 1-4-80-4 Codes, half engine light pops up the moment I plug in JBD
(#641)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2014, 04:00 PM

The CT is no longer supported. Best to read codes with an OBDII reader and then just search those.

Burger Motorsports

(#642)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 01-10-2016, 11:21 AM

Any recent E90 335d dyno's ?