N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Move over VBOX, Dragy is here! - 11-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Note: Android app is posted here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.dragy&hl=en, iOS app is now posted as well. Note the iOS app has a few Chinese characters in it still. They will be removed next release.

Retail price $199. Special Intro Price: $149! Click here to order.

We've been involved in the testing of a nifty new product called Dragy. It's a small high speed GPS device that interfaces with your phone or mobile device via BlueTooth and allows you to accurately compute performance metrics like 0-60, 1/4 mile & trap speed, 60-130mph, 100-200kmh, etc. The resulting run files compute and validate slope, and spit out in a little graphic ready to analyze, share, etc.

You charge it using a mini-USB port, with the charge lasting a few days (it only wakes up when connected to app), and then throw it on the dash and open the app when you want to start recording runs. It's magnetic so there are slicker mounting options available, but I haven't found them necessary on our test cars. I just throw it up in the corner of the windshield.

We tested them at the latest Shift Sector and No Fly Zone 1/2 mile events and were very pleased with the accuracy and flexibility of the system. A few screen shots from my testing below.

There are a few thousand in use in Asia with great success and we're helping introduce it to the English speaking market. The free Dragy app will be posted to the play store and apple store within a few days. If you happen to get the device before the app is posted just email us and we can send a link for it.

Anyway much more info to follow, including their app based tuner leader board and other slick features, but I know you guys are going to love this thing.

Wanted to make a comparison video but right now its Dragy 1, VBOX 0

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 11-16-2017, 09:30 PM

$149, not a bad price for the capabilities - especially compared to a VBOX.

The app functionality and reliability will be key.

PS - need to work on that 60 ft time, Terry.

2009 535i Sport - 548whp
Software :
JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: VTT GC Lites | MFactory Helical LSD | Inlets | Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It! S2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | Koni FSD

(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 09:33 PM

Haha yes most of those were in the C7 Z06 which is on factory tires. Spin city on a dusty runway.

On the device and app functionality it's pretty impressive so far and they've got a lot planned for it. I'm convinced within a year or two everyone who modified their car will have one of these.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 11-16-2017, 09:34 PM

So it runs on Bluetooth? Can it be used with JB4 Mobile or are they going to have to be used separately?

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 09:37 PM

They run simultaneously, with Dragy in the background. If you put JB4 mobile in to the back ground (currently) it stops logging, I think. But we can talk to Donnie about changing that too.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 11-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Nice, I'll get an order in in the morning. Wanna do some runs before I put the JB4 on the X3.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2017, 09:51 PM

It's so easy to use I've been testing all the development cars lately on 91 octane just to see what they do, lol.

Our VBOX is going on eBay soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: 540i G30
Default 11-17-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They run simultaneously, with Dragy in the background. If you put JB4 mobile in to the back ground (currently) it stops logging, I think. But we can talk to Donnie about changing that too.
Jb4 still logs in the back ground

How accurate are these compared to real world numbers Terry?
(#9)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 06:45 AM

Welli I just ordered it Terry!! I will report back with feed back once I get it. Hope it ships fast lol
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-17-2017, 07:19 AM

I absolutely love my Dragy device. Super easy to use and it is very useful.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-17-2017, 07:22 AM

I would like to test it aside my vbox to check accuracy! If good then for sure it's very nice and cheaper alternative!

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#12)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 07:28 AM

Anyone have issues with creating a password when signing up? I tried 100x to create a password and it wont let me.....?
(#13)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 11-17-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedowesix
Anyone have issues with creating a password when signing up? I tried 100x to create a password and it wont let me.....?
Are you using iPhone or Android?
(#14)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragy
Are you using iPhone or Android?
Android.
(#15)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
I would like to test it aside my vbox to check accuracy! If good then for sure it's very nice and cheaper alternative!
Yup, Id like to se side by side results with a vbox too

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#16)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Android.
Password requires at least 6 characters. You can try 123456.
(#17)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Welli I just ordered it Terry!! I will report back with feed back once I get it. Hope it ships fast lol
The accuracy of dragy is 0.1 sec. We tested on a 1/8 drag strip, the difference is only 0.04 sec.
Attached Images

Last edited by dragy; 11-17-2017 at 08:15 AM..
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Matched up nicely in our testing! And it's much easier to use as the device shows slope right there so you know whether or not the run is legit. Now people can't race down a hill, take a photo of the VBOX screen, and claim a great run.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-17-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Matched up nicely in our testing! And it's much easier to use as the device shows slope right there so you know whether or not the run is legit. Now people can't race down a hill, take a photo of the VBOX screen, and claim a great run.
Will add 1 with next order. Still need some end tips for the bms exhaust as well.
Can you also download vbox or dbn files for upload on vboxverify?

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#20)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-17-2017, 08:44 AM

Over here we use a tool to read the dbn file and corrects the time to a flat slope. We always compare those corrected times as the picture can indeed be misleading.

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#21)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragy
Password requires at least 6 characters. You can try 123456.
I tried that one already
(#22)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 09:12 AM

It keeps saying invalid confirmation code!
(#23)
Old

Default 11-17-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Could you leave your email address or send an email to sales@godragy.com. We can look into your account or sign up for you.
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Will add 1 with next order. Still need some end tips for the bms exhaust as well.
Can you also download vbox or dbn files for upload on vboxverify?
No it's a closed system and shows you the chart with slope right there. They have set a 1% maximum slope for "valid run" purposes. vboxverify is for VBOX's proprietary files. The good news with this system is you don't have to bother with doing a run and uploading it to a website to see if its valid. And don't have to worry about whether or not the VBOX happened to save the run properly, as I found often, it does not. Also much easier to scroll through run data and compare with previous runs right on the screen. All around it's just a better and much less expensive way of handling performance monitoring.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I was able to setup an account this AM no problem, password is case sensitive though.

Burger Motorsports