N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I'm concerned that you answer negative posts with taunting remarks but have no concern or response when folks post questions or ask for details on your product or goals.

Continuously gives me pause on taking you seriously. I dare you to prove me wrong.
ha well said

09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#702)
Old

Car: 2003 Forester
Default 08-10-2017, 05:54 AM

Most toxic thread on the internet right here.

Can you please start putting some units on the axis' of your graphs? They are almost painful to read.
(#703)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 08-10-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I'm concerned that you answer negative posts with taunting remarks but have no concern or response when folks post questions or ask for details on your product or goals.

Continuously gives me pause on taking you seriously. I dare you to prove me wrong.
Constantly treating this guy with disrespect and a lack of any courtesy, professional or personal and then asking for courtesy and respect back is counter-intuitive.
Maybe that's just me. Now maybe your not one of those guys that's been hammering away throughout the thread at Doug but at this point, could you blame him for a lack of responsiveness

(#704)
Old

Default 08-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPacMo
Constantly treating this guy with disrespect and a lack of any courtesy, professional or personal and then asking for courtesy and respect back is counter-intuitive.
Maybe that's just me. Now maybe your not one of those guys that's been hammering away throughout the thread at Doug but at this point, could you blame him for a lack of responsiveness
FrankenFail publicly stated he will not be responding to comments on the forums and for people to email him. Which makes no ****ing sense. If you don't want to engage with your potential customers then just post this **** on your own website. Forums are made for discussion not one way conversations aka what frankenfail is doing here and on every other n54 forum other than the ones he gets laughed off of.

If you think the fact he refuses to talk to people now imagine how great it will be when you, as a customer, has issues

It should be disconcerting to people he refuses to answer even the most basic of questions and continues many bad practices(meth location) and gives up when he can't figure something out(Port meth injection). Also, those graphs are ****

All in all he should really hire someone to do the marketing for him. Or just release the finished product with results vs. this mess of a thread. This thread does not instill confidence in the product and the few times he has posted a reply he has said incorrect information. Like inlets do nothing on stock turbos.

This thread was started on 02-04-2016 it's 08/10/2017 now and still not a product for sale.

E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 JBD

Got Boost?

Last edited by Torgus; 08-10-2017 at 10:29 AM..
(#705)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 08-10-2017, 11:01 AM

What a shame to see, entitled customers who dont offer the respect they also seek, then complain about it. Yeesh.

There is a wealth of results and knowledge by Doug that he does not share with people who arent open to his concepts. That is just good marketing on his part to avoid the nonsense from people who will always be nay sayers.

My company has seen several things from Doug that he has yet to share which is solely because we have good conversations with respectful responses. Outside of that, harassing him to do anything aside from innovate his offerings is not his job. His turbos will speak for him and all the whining in this thread will be forgotten. As with most forum based development threads.

2010 BMW 135i - 526whp and 592tq on a DynoJet

FBO + VTT S1 + Inlets + 100% E85 Port Injection

Owner, www.NelsonRacingWheel.com
(#706)
Old

Default 08-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonRacingWheel
What a shame to see, entitled customers who dont offer the respect they also seek, then complain about it. Yeesh.

There is a wealth of results and knowledge by Doug that he does not share with people who arent open to his concepts. That is just good marketing on his part to avoid the nonsense from people who will always be nay sayers.

My company has seen several things from Doug that he has yet to share which is solely because we have good conversations with respectful responses. Outside of that, harassing him to do anything aside from innovate his offerings is not his job. His turbos will speak for him and all the whining in this thread will be forgotten. As with most forum based development threads.
This.

I've been in communication with Doug since before the castings for this turbo were ever made. He's also a stand-up guy when it comes to helping people out in a pinch. I know this from first hand experience. You won't hear me trash-talking him.

In regard to the delay in product introduction, yes, it's been slow. Slower than he'd like also, BUT taking your time Beta testing is important. I'd rather be slow to market with a solid product than fly by night and last 6mos.

(#707)
Old

Car: e92 N54 335i
Default <aw) - 08-10-2017, 12:08 PM

<q+ěqwčo=p+ě

Jerez black M3 with N54K20A swap
(#708)
Old

Default 08-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitan
<q+ěqwčo=p+ě
Exactly what I was thinking.

E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 JBD

Got Boost?
(#709)
Old

Car: '09 E92 335i
Default 08-10-2017, 09:26 PM

^ it's actually pretty well written and thought out when compared to anything Doug has posted in this thread.
(#710)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-11-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Considering you and I have interacted several times in this thread as the years have gone by, I had hoped you would have remembered and not carelessly lumped everyone with a complaint or non-positive comment into that group.

That being said, I feel similarly as the rest of the folks in this thread at this point.

How could I feel positive about this product as a potential buyer?
  • No communication, no discussion, and lately has returned disrespect.
  • Cagey information and graphs.
  • No updates on successes or failures with beta turbo participants, though this info would be appreciated since the information on the beta turbos was provided.
  • Information he has provided over the course of the thread has been somewhat consistently at odds with that of the previous 8+ years of platform development.
  • And most recently? A moderately embarrassing quantity of fuel being dumped unceremoniously into the engine to achieve ~500whp.

I'm not so sure how the turbos will speak for themselves at this point. My question is still unanswered from over a year ago:
What is the market for these turbos? What is the performance goal? What is the performance sector for these turbos? What is their intended use?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#711)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 08-11-2017, 07:36 AM

For those of you new to this thread, and haven't had time to read the nonsense. Here are some highlights.

Frankenturbo

Was using windshield washer tank for meth injection. Known to cause fires on the n54.

Claimed inlets are usless on stock turbos.

Cranked timing to the moon. Turned off knock detection blaming the stock dmfw for "false" misfires. Blew compression on 2 cylinders, then blamed jb4 for not logging timing.

Busted making fake compressor maps on the audi world.

Posted pictures of cast manifolds with serious casting problems.

Claims his turbos are made in china, then he takes them apart and re balances them, in house,
Then emails leaked from vtt that someone else was doing that for him, then stopped dealing with doug, due to his shady buisness practices.

How anybody can take this guy seriously is a mystery to me.

2007 335xi MT, JB4, bms dci, 5"vrsf stepped fmic, d_p's, vrsf full silicone inlets, er chargepipe, hyperboost diverter valves
(#712)
Old

Default 08-11-2017, 09:58 AM

For those of you new to this thread, and haven't had time to read the nonsense. Here are some highlights.

Frankenturbo
- Yes, good work, that is the name of the company.

Was using windshield washer tank for meth injection. Known to cause fires on the n54.
- He did and it didnt cause issue, some people also run ST 6266 without a filter too. Known to cause failures. Sometimes is does... its not your car so leave it alone?

Claimed inlets are usless on stock turbos.
- He had testing performed which through the various inputs got misunderstood by people, likely because Doug responded to nay-sayers like you and you then ran off with it spouting misinformation.

Cranked timing to the moon. Turned off knock detection blaming the stock dmfw for "false" misfires. Blew compression on 2 cylinders, then blamed jb4 for not logging timing.
- Doug relies on his own methods to source data, and at this point in time is somewhat of a subject matter expert in areas others are not solely due to his ability to test his own theories. He doesnt sit on google all day reading others results, he seeks his own. The internet is a tool and not the ultimate resource.

Busted making fake compressor maps on the audi world.
- There is more to that than you are aware of so again, spreading junk you read or saw on youtube but you have yet to show your own data? Huh, odd.

Posted pictures of cast manifolds with serious casting problems.
- Prototypes always look rough. With all vendors...

Claims his turbos are made in china, then he takes them apart and re balances them, in house.
- Everything is made in China. Seriously. Not about country of origin, its about the quality control processes etc.

Then emails leaked from vtt that someone else was doing that for him, then stopped dealing with doug, due to his shady buisness practices.
- If it came from VTT... I will let you do your own critical thinking on that topic.

How anybody can take this guy seriously is a mystery to me.
- Well considering some of the best tuners and several vendors who i wont mention work with Doug and have seen first hand his data, results, and testing process, id say we all are proud of his work and rather unusual methods.

As consumers you have rights to ask questions, but as vendors we have rights not to respond if those answers arent ready for you yet. Dont throw a fit about it since your technically not a customer yet. You've bought nothing but have possible interest. So, be open and not so hostile when you dont get answers you seek. You will, be patient.

(#713)
Old

Car: '09 E92 335i
Default 08-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Extraordinarily, things are far worse than we imagined
(#714)
Old

Car: M3
Default 08-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
As consumers you have rights to ask questions, but as vendors we have rights not to respond if those answers arent ready for you yet. Dont throw a fit about it since your technically not a customer yet. You've bought nothing but have possible interest. So, be open and not so hostile when you dont get answers you seek. You will, be patient.
STFU clown

(#715)
Old

Default 08-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Wow what insightful and reasonable feedback from sticky LOL. Get out of here you little rascal.

(#716)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 08-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
STFU clown
Only clown I see here is you.
(#717)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 08-11-2017, 02:53 PM

I think a lot of people need to read this: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46299 Not sure why everybody needs to be so hostile on here. If Doug doesn't answer your question or you don't like his info, then just move on to another thread where you can be informative or have a positive discussion. There's no need to clog every thread up with attacks and arguments just cause you don't agree. Most of us are adults on here and we should be respectful even if we don't agree with what someone else post.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#718)
Old

Car: 07 335i mt
Default 08-13-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
STFU clown
Sticky you're a little bitch. There's a reason everyone left bummerboost for *********** 😂😂
(#719)
Old

Default 08-13-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshec152
Sticky you're a little bitch. There's a reason everyone left bummerboost for *********** ����

Over a thousand on Sunday morning? Damn. DAMN.

You probably aren't aware of the new Porsche vendors on PorscheBoost or new BenzBoost vendors. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for new sites coming to the network as well. In the mood for a McLaren so I need to step the game up. I'm sure you can relate.

Unfortunately, while your post is quite eloquent and it seems without these types of posts my userbase is really missing out on some quality I have too much to do. Hey, 911's don't pay for themselves am I right?

P.S.

I love how you changed bimmerboost to bummerboost. Got me there. You must write for Colbert with that wit. I'm so bummed I'll never be able to enjoy the rest of my weekend now.

(#720)
Old

Car: 09 e92
Default 08-13-2017, 05:35 PM

Serious question. Has there ever been a time when Doug showed up to a platform and there wasn't a total ****show? If you continue to have the same problem over and over, it's not everyone else.
(#721)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:

This. I am in the FB group for the beta testers as well and there's quite a lot going on right now. It's all good stuff. But just because we know what's going on doesn't mean we have the right to blab about it online. It's not our product and not our place.

I can say this. Doug has a lot of great info and the product seems to be working really well. Once this is all wrapped up, you'll have a two year warranted product that performs well as a stock replacement or up to the higher horsepower range as well for a measly $2000

(#722)
Old

Car: 335ix
Thumbs down 08-14-2017, 12:15 PM

This thread is such a hilarious **** show. Love the slimy vendors.

How many times was he warned about the timing and told how to do things the right way, then ignored it? It's not a shocker that engine died.

How many bull**** graphs doing things wrong without any dyno's to back any of it up?

All this to sell some china turbos that this platform had years ago.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#723)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
This thread is such a hilarious **** show. Love the slimy vendors.

How many times was he warned about the timing and told how to do things the right way, then ignored it? It's not a shocker that engine died.

How many bull**** graphs doing things wrong without any dyno's to back any of it up?

All this to sell some china turbos that this platform had years ago.

1. I'm not a vendor
2. If you've had all new castings of turbos from China 2 years ago, could I please borrow your Delorean and take it up to 88mph. I have some lottery tickets to buy.

(#724)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-14-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
1. I'm not a vendor
2. If you've had all new castings of turbos from China 2 years ago, could I please borrow your Delorean and take it up to 88mph. I have some lottery tickets to buy.
zage? The awesome manifolds that are more restrictive than stock in places? c'mon now.

And we have Nelson in here who's been laughed off of everywhere else for spamming his crappy Chinese wheels straight off alibaba trying to stand up for Frankenturbo when he clearly doesn't grasp how shady this is or is somehow benefiting from it.

But hey, if you want to stand up for a vendor who's been defrauding his customers on other platforms, and obviously has no clue what he's doing on this one, go right ahead.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#725)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
zage? The awesome manifolds that are more restrictive than stock in places? c'mon now.

And we have Nelson in here who's been laughed off of everywhere else for spamming his crappy Chinese wheels straight off alibaba trying to stand up for Frankenturbo when he clearly doesn't grasp how shady this is or is somehow benefiting from it.

But hey, if you want to stand up for a vendor who's been defrauding his customers on other platforms, and obviously has no clue what he's doing on this one, go right ahead.