N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2551)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 04-19-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAMACH1
I'm personally debating JB1 v JB4 right now. Not planning to do any custom tuning, just use it as a "set it and forget it".

I assume that both JB1 and JB4 will both only give my RedSport +3PSI. I have seen mentioned that the JB4 without the laptop/BT adapter is basically JB1 but "smoother". Has this been shown on a dyno? Or just in logging? Is JB4 worth the extra $100 over JB1 just for the "smoothness"?
I would suppose it depends on your level of peronal tuning. If you like to play with fuel types / ratios and want to optimize your boost profile via detailed log analysis - then the JB4 is well worth the additional C-note. If you want the convenience of logging / map selections for either the JB1 or JB4 from your phone - take a look at the JB4 BT kit and JB4 App - well worth the combined investment if you plan to not just plug and play.
(#2552)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 04-20-2018, 12:21 AM

At what water temperature do the Red sports start cutting boost and timing?
(#2553)
Old

Car: Q50 sport
Default 04-20-2018, 11:00 AM

has anyone ran the +7 lbs boost map on 93 gas? or is that too much for the silver sport without e85? 93 is at almost every pump around me. However, no one has e85.
(#2554)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-20-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen_vr
has anyone ran the +7 lbs boost map on 93 gas? or is that too much for the silver sport without e85? 93 is at almost every pump around me. However, no one has e85.
I ran map 2 (5psi).

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2555)
Old

Car: Q50 sport
Default 04-20-2018, 12:43 PM

I am currently running the +6. everything seems to be fine. Just wanted to know if anyone was doing the +7 on 93 octane before I do it.
(#2556)
Old

Default 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen_vr
I am currently running the +6. everything seems to be fine. Just wanted to know if anyone was doing the +7 on 93 octane before I do it.
My SS runs very well with straight 93 fuel on Map 2. As we have observed, logs show that octane is a significant factor with higher boost levels on the engine. With a E30 blend (1:4 E85 / 93) I can run with Map5 (+6) and the logs are just fine. A bit more E85 to push the blend towards a E35/40 and Map7 is obtainable w/o timing issues. Your logs will tell the tail - feel free to post them here for the group to comment.
(#2557)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 04-20-2018, 09:02 PM

I run map 6 with just 93 gas, at 3500rpm until 5000rpm I’m running +7 on boost. So far it’s been good for the winter, gotta do a data log when I get a hotter day here in NYC to see if my car can handle it
(#2558)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-20-2018, 09:11 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new to this community and I'm ecstatic about being a brand new owner to a JB4 kit on my '16 Q50 Premium. I'm only having one slight issue with my setup that involves a faint "clicking" noise from the throttle body even with the car off but A/C power on. Anybody else having this issue, or have a remedy for this?

I've already checked connections and made sure everything was connected properly.
(#2559)
Old

Default 04-21-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvingApe
Hi everyone. I'm new to this community and I'm ecstatic about being a brand new owner to a JB4 kit on my '16 Q50 Premium. I'm only having one slight issue with my setup that involves a faint "clicking" noise from the throttle body even with the car off but A/C power on. Anybody else having this issue, or have a remedy for this?

I've already checked connections and made sure everything was connected properly.
Sounds obvious but one would assume w/o the JB4 installed the same sound doesnít occur? Havenít heard this reported before and Iíve not experienced it on my Ď17 SS thatís why I ask.
(#2560)
Old

Default 04-21-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Sounds obvious but one would assume w/o the JB4 installed the same sound doesnít occur? Havenít heard this reported before and Iíve not experienced it on my Ď17 SS thatís why I ask.
That's correct. Without the JB4 everything seems ok. I can even swear that yesterday I heard my door locks clicking too. It's all very strange, and it really sounds like an electrical issue with the JB4 installed.
(#2561)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default 04-21-2018, 06:38 PM

RS Q60 - having issues engine code error P0435

Car has been fine running JB4 with some modes (st*** induction, full F*** Intentions exhaust incl fast cats)

Jet washed car today and was careful not to get too close as its powerful. Had driven car pretty hard not long previously for a short distance and it was fine. Wife went to take it shopping and front radar sensor warning light was on. I thought it would clear itself. When she returned the engine warning light was on and there were some flashing numbers but I didn't get them. I looked at error codes on JB4 and I saw the P0435. I switched off engine and after 30 secs I could hear something running at the front of the car, intercooler pump? I took the car for a slow drive and temp showing on IAT was 37c when I started but had returned to 25 by the time I returned. However I couldn't get any power or acceleration.

Switched car off, removed JB4 and reconnected harness, reset the battery and went for a drive again with same symptoms. Came home switched car off and the 'pump' ran for over an hour and continued even after a short restart. Disconnected battery to stop it running.

Anyone got any ideas? I've done less than 2K on the JB4 and map settings weren't crazy, mainly Map 3 for a couple of weeks and then custom with progressive to +6 and down again at 6000,6500, 7500 to +2 with default waste gate set to 35 and safety set to 6

I can't make any power and I'm scared to drive it.

Quick google brings up O2 temp issue in ***? IS it just a sensor thing?

Thanks - hoping someone can help me out

Twister
(#2562)
Old

Default 04-22-2018, 11:39 AM

If it was my car - I would pull the JB4 - carefully rewire back to stock & take it into the dealership for diagnosing. The beauty of the BMS Plug & Play design!!
(#2563)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 04-22-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchikRS
At what water temperature do the Red sports start cutting boost and timing?
I'm interested to know to. Hot California Summers are here

2018 Q50 RS400 AWD (w/Sport Mufflers)

Loving the ride...
(#2564)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 04:36 AM

At dealer now with JB4 disconnected of course!! And bloody typical, reconnected battery and sonar warning had gone and car drove fine all the way to the dealer!!
(#2565)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 09:01 AM

For an o2 sensor code, probably sensor on its way out. Not likely dealer will do anything until sensor is dead though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2566)
Old

Thumbs up Lesson Learned | Dragy - 04-23-2018, 09:32 AM

Thanks Terry, dealer suggested water in cold air intake - but hey its back to normal now. JB4 reinstated in about 5 minutes and off I go :-)

So either its bull or don't power wash the front of your car!

DRAGY device to play with later - will share results soon!
(#2567)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-23-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68

Car has been fine running JB4 with some modes (st*** induction, full F*** Intentions exhaust incl fast cats)

Jet washed car today and was careful not to get too close as its powerful. Had driven car pretty hard not long previously for a short distance and it was fine. Wife went to take it shopping and front radar sensor warning light was on. I thought it would clear itself. When she returned the engine warning light was on and there were some flashing numbers but I didn't get them. I looked at error codes on JB4 and I saw the P0435. I switched off engine and after 30 secs I could hear something running at the front of the car, intercooler pump? I took the car for a slow drive and temp showing on IAT was 37c when I started but had returned to 25 by the time I returned. However I couldn't get any power or acceleration.

Switched car off, removed JB4 and reconnected harness, reset the battery and went for a drive again with same symptoms. Came home switched car off and the 'pump' ran for over an hour and continued even after a short restart. Disconnected battery to stop it running.

Anyone got any ideas? I've done less than 2K on the JB4 and map settings weren't crazy, mainly Map 3 for a couple of weeks and then custom with progressive to +6 and down again at 6000,6500, 7500 to +2 with default waste gate set to 35 and safety set to 6

Twister
Wait...you're running +6 on an RS?! What fuel are you using? Have you taken any logs? You're asking for a ton of trouble running that much boost...

Also - depending on which map you're running, the default waste gate and boost safety settings won't have any impact on your tune.
(#2568)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlockWar
Wait...you're running +6 on an RS?! What fuel are you using? Have you taken any logs? You're asking for a ton of trouble running that much boost...

Also - depending on which map you're running, the default waste gate and boost safety settings won't have any impact on your tune.
Running on Map 6, using 94 RON petrol from pump which is already 10% ethanol. I am attaching recent log as I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for.

Car pulls smoothly. Only run it for less than 500KM at +6
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-04-23 15_56_36.csv (177.9 KB, 48 views)
(#2569)
Old

Car: q50s
Default 04-24-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Running on Map 6, using 94 RON petrol from pump which is already 10% ethanol. I am attaching recent log as I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for.

Car pulls smoothly. Only run it for less than 500KM at +6
It looks like you should use more ethanol.
(#2570)
Old

Default 04-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbrrrx1
It looks like you should use more ethanol.
AS I said its straight from the pump, I'm not adding anything.

Does anything look scary or need adjusting / adding?

Appreciate the heads up by the way
(#2571)
Old

Default 04-25-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:

Twister
IMO, that might be the (motor) pump that directs coolant for the turbo. It may run even after the engine is off but should not take too long unless the trigger (temp??) is still present.

It's best to let turbo-charged engines cool down for a few minutes - after driven hard - before turning the car off.
(#2572)
Old

Car: q50s
Default 04-25-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
AS I said its straight from the pump, I'm not adding anything.

Does anything look scary or need adjusting / adding?

Appreciate the heads up by the way
Nothing looks scary, but Iíd lower the boost safety to 4 or 5 and record another pull. Idk if 6 is doing anything beneficial.
(#2573)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM

Today I had a chance to do some testing with BMS intake at idle.
Idea was to turn on the car and let it idle for 20 minutes under the sun light and see how much IAT rises.
We did this because some people were worried about heat soak which we already proved as a myth with our n54 DCI.

Goal is to do the same testing with OEM intake and compare.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2574)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 04-26-2018, 10:18 PM

Which temp setting should I be monitoring in the JB4 app after a heat exchanger install? Also, what temps should I be aiming for?
(#2575)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-02-2018, 11:07 PM

Terry when we expect any new updates?? Been a while.... or at least what your working on

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)