N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old

Car: 2014 M235i
Default 04-26-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S
I'm using E85 bef with PI. 100% E85. Terry did some adjustments because trims bottomed at higher gears. Since that it's been working nicely.

Did he send you adjustments or change the map? I just looked at the zip file and the E85 map was last modified 2/2/2018 7:47PM.
(#577)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 04-26-2018, 06:09 AM

so to clarify here, ******** ******* CEL was not coded out on the BEF yet correct? just strange how for a while i wasnt getting the code and then recently am.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 5 / 30% e85
(#578)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 04-26-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabill
Last nite I tried to run an MHD map with JB4 in map 0 and forget it, AFR going erratic and 3 psi boost max. Maybe because the boost control diode is cut it's no longer possible to run sans JB4 unless it's completely removed. It would be nice to get a straight answer on this.
Because of ISO mod.

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#579)
Old

Car: 2012 535 M Sport
Default 04-26-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait
Because of ISO mod.
Can we just connect the boost solenoid back to the OEM harness and call it good? Would like to keep code delete on the fly as well as monitoring and logging with the JB4 as well as future PMI.

VRSF Chargepipe, BMS Performance Intake
BAVAUTO Hi Perf Coils, NGK 95770 plugs (colder)
GFB DV+, VRSF 3.5" **, Wagner FMIC, MHD Map E85 2+
(#580)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 04-26-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azreal8888
I was told by Aldo at bms support was via this thread.

Really disappointed to have spent the cash on mhd over bootmod3 only to get sub standard support.
Have to agree with @Cloud. Customer service is definitely not an area where Terry/BMS are lacking. I've emailed logs/questions and made forum posts at all hours of the day/night. Replies are almost always back less than 24hrs and typically within just a few minutes to an hour.

If they aren't getting back to you almost immediately, there's likely a good reason for it. I'm sure the guys have stuff going on in life outside of the forum.

2016 F82 M4 // Sakhir Orange // Black extended leather // Opti-Coat Pro
JB4 (stage 3) // MHD + BMS BEF (RACE, rev12) // BMC drop-in, carbon filter delete // Injen CPs // AR Design catt'd down Ps // Active Autowerke midpipe
LCI rear light retrofit // AutoTecknic front splitters // Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler // Status Gruppe rear diffuser // BMS ceramic black billett exhaust tips // Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#581)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dross50
How many people are running this with PI?

I've been emailing back and forth with Terry... I've had a lot of A/F ratio issues, misfires, stumbling at idle (to the point where it shuts off sometimes), and lots of related codes/drivetrain malfunctions. The problems came in the minute I flashed and went away the minute I flashed back to stock. Just curious if anybody else has had similar issues and if you found a resolution.
Lots, including some of our development cars. So you'd want to evaluate your specific logs to see what's going on there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#582)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I was told by Aldo at bms support was via this thread.

Really disappointed to have spent the cash on mhd over bootmod3 only to get sub standard support.
We do what we can to help everyone. But, we're not MHD flash support. We provide FREE maps that are intended to be used in conjunction with the JB4 tuning tool. In most cases what we provide is more than enough but if you have special needs or requirements on a tight timeline then hiring a custom tuner to help you sort through whatever you are trying to do is probably a good idea.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#583)
Old

Default 04-26-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Because of ISO mod.
Can we just connect the boost solenoid back to the OEM harness and call it good? Would like to keep code delete on the fly as well as monitoring and logging with the JB4 as well as future PMI.

(#584)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Hi all.. Newbie qn.

1) What does step 'Set FutureUseD #6 on' do and where do I find it?

2) Race map doesn't support my DME. Are there other versions available?

3) I flashed the back end Pump map without flashing Stage 0 first. Does this create issues?

4) if I purchase stage 2+ mhd map, what jb4 map do I select?

Thanks all in advance
1) It's on the user adjustment page and does what we said it does in the first post. Tells the JB4 you have a BEF map loaded.
2) What is your software version?
3) MHD suggested we inform customers to flash that way, but if the flash loaded and car starts after, it's probably fine
4) In that case would best to start with Map0 to disable the JB4 all together.

Burger Motorsports

(#585)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabill
PWG is a unique case and since the vast majority of F series are EWG, we ask PWG guys to ask their customers in the PWG specific thread to avoid customer confusion: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47223

To answer the question though on map0 you'd also put the boost solenoid connection to stock, to fully bypass the JB4, with PWG ISO.

Burger Motorsports

(#586)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 10:03 AM

Martial, where are we on disabling the PWG boost under target code? That false alarm code is a huge annoyance for our PWG customers.

Burger Motorsports

(#587)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM

Not sure if this would be a question for you Terry, or Martial, but is there a way to code out the MAF sensor for those of us that run with it disconnected. The only reason my CEL light is on is the MAF being disconnected.
(#588)
Old

Car: 335i N54 E92
Default 04-26-2018, 11:05 AM

@Terry,

How can I let confort the same map as Sport and Sport+, letting just eco with weak power?

My car is a N55 F-series PWG3

335i, MHD E65 Custom flash, Intercooler, Chargerpipe, MM Performance inlets, LPFP Walbro 450, HPFP BMW review, full exhaust
(#589)
Old

Default 04-26-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Because of ISO mod.

(#590)
Old

Car: 2014 M235i
Default 04-27-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Lots, including some of our development cars. So you'd want to evaluate your specific logs to see what's going on there.
By no means did I expect to be a special case, I just haven't seen much talk about PI looking through the thread and was polling for other experiences.

Since I've been running without the BEF I have noticed some of the same symptoms although much less drastic. So if anybody saw my post and started questioning their purchase, ignore it Time to start throwing money at my car until it works right.
(#591)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 04-27-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S
I'm using E85 bef with PI. 100% E85. Terry did some adjustments because trims bottomed at higher gears. Since that it's been working nicely.

great results
are you using BMS BEF or ACF Tuned as your signature says ?

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
W.R. 11.01 @127.6mph, LUCHOJB4, BMS BEF MHD, E85/Reg + meth 24.8psi ~ Set-up on Drag Track online instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#592)
Old

Car: M135i xDrive
Default 04-27-2018, 07:01 AM

Thank you.

I’ve been using BMS E85 bef since release. It’s already faster on uphill going street with full weight than it was on drag strip using ACF flash.

Have to update the signature... :D

M135i xDrive EWG, JB4, Pure S2, Pure inlet, N20 tmap, c a tless, Wagner fmic, FTP chargepipe, Fuel-it PI, BMS PI controller, Fuel-it lpfp, ACF Performance back end flash. 10.9s @ 204km/h
(#593)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear
Not sure if this would be a question for you Terry, or Martial, but is there a way to code out the MAF sensor for those of us that run with it disconnected. The only reason my CEL light is on is the MAF being disconnected.
Not yet but I've been bugging Martial to figure that out as well as the under boost fault. Hopefully, soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#594)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM

Terry or someone at BMS.
It seems as if you have changed the trim scaling with the MHD-flashes.
Previously with the stock software trim over 40 was maxing the fuel pump which would cause the car to start going lean.
What value should i look for on the trims with the Race BEF?
(#595)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2018, 11:43 AM

Trims should fall between 0 (-33%) and 50 (+33%) to avoid effecting AFR targeting.

Burger Motorsports

(#596)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 04-27-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Trims should fall between 0 (-33%) and 50 (+33%) to avoid effecting AFR targeting.
In that case it is very interesting that this user experienced his trims to fall from 30-35
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=598

To 5-10 WOT
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=596

First link is before BEF and second after/with your race BEF.
It even shows signs of running "lean" when trims are hitting 10-11.
So if what you wrote is correct there must be an issue with the BEF you are providing..
(#597)
Old

Car: 2015 m235xi
Default 04-28-2018, 10:50 AM

I know this will probably get Zero replies. But does the MHD flash remove the overrun/burble when vehicle is in park.?! For wth reason it does not function on my car. With MHD flash JB4 stack, even when all burble options are at max and rpm at zero. Thanks
(#598)
Old

Car: M135i xDrive
Default 04-28-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspeed23
I know this will probably get Zero replies. But does the MHD flash remove the overrun/burble when vehicle is in park.?! For wth reason it does not function on my car. With MHD flash JB4 stack, even when all burble options are at max and rpm at zero. Thanks
Mine has those with E85 bef when dtc is off. Havenít enabled them in MHD app and would love to get rid of them. After all itís Bmw, not Honda Civic.

M135i xDrive EWG, JB4, Pure S2, Pure inlet, N20 tmap, c a tless, Wagner fmic, FTP chargepipe, Fuel-it PI, BMS PI controller, Fuel-it lpfp, ACF Performance back end flash. 10.9s @ 204km/h
(#599)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
In that case it is very interesting that this user experienced his trims to fall from 30-35
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=598

To 5-10 WOT
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=596

First link is before BEF and second after/with your race BEF.
It even shows signs of running "lean" when trims are hitting 10-11.
So if what you wrote is correct there must be an issue with the BEF you are providing..
Sounds like you're just confused. Obviously with the BEF we adjust the fuel trims and AFR targets. Logs in the link look as mapped.

If your trims are sticking at 50 or 0 then may want to make an adjustment. If not then AFR targets are as mapped within the BEF. Is there a link to your specific log with the "problem" you want me to look at?

If your question is why do we run the N55 motors so lean it's because the fuel pump is weak and can't maintain pressure well at richer targets, and due to DI the motor tends to run better leaner, in our years of experience tuning it.

Burger Motorsports

(#600)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 04-28-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspeed23
Which version of the MHD app are you running? The initial public release had a bug where burble effect would sporadically stop working. An update has since been released that fixed the issue.

2016 F82 M4 // Sakhir Orange // Black extended leather // Opti-Coat Pro
JB4 (stage 3) // MHD + BMS BEF (RACE, rev12) // BMC drop-in, carbon filter delete // Injen CPs // AR Design catt'd down Ps // Active Autowerke midpipe
LCI rear light retrofit // AutoTecknic front splitters // Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler // Status Gruppe rear diffuser // BMS ceramic black billett exhaust tips // Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)