N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93
Hi Terry

Will this also be compatible with the B9 SQ5?

Same motor as the S4 so assume it will be but figured i'd ask to be sure... picking one up in the next few months.
It will be compatible to SQ5.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2017 Audi 8V RS3
(#27)
Old

Car: 6mt N55 135i
Default 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
It will be compatible to SQ5.

2014 M235i Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota Leather
|| 30% Llumar CTX || IND Painted Front Reflectors || BMW Performance Grilles || Lightweight Front Lip || BMS Exhaust Tips || JB4 || ER Charge Pipe || MPI ** ||
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2017, 08:15 PM

First tuned log off an S4... Around 2psi over stock. So far, so good.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 10-25-2017, 07:22 AM

thanks for sharing

how much boost is it running stock is it like 18 psi?

FBO+Meth JB4 best trap 119.4
(#30)
Old

Car: 6mt N55 135i
Default 10-25-2017, 09:10 AM

Following intently...so exciting to see you guys on the audi platform after many years with you on the bimmers

2014 M235i Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota Leather
|| 30% Llumar CTX || IND Painted Front Reflectors || BMW Performance Grilles || Lightweight Front Lip || BMS Exhaust Tips || JB4 || ER Charge Pipe || MPI ** ||
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro
thanks for sharing

how much boost is it running stock is it like 18 psi?
Yes around that, I'll post a stock log later.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2017, 08:14 AM

Little more testing from last night. Nice 1/4 mile gains at 2-3psi over stock.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 10-30-2017, 01:52 PM

thanks for sharing we need more boost

(#34)
Old

Car: 997 Turbo, 135i, GT500
Default 11-01-2017, 05:24 PM

Congrats! Nice work! Glad you are working on audiís! Been a while since I have had a JB tune on a car. I used APR on last S4. Canít wait to see what you come up with for my S5!
Canít wait till this is finished.

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck
08 135i 12.31@114mph TUNE ONLY (sold)

Official Rolex Jeweler

Last edited by jason427; 11-01-2017 at 05:31 PM..
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Man the IAT goes up so much in just one pull!

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: audi q5 3.0t
Default 11-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Man the IAT goes up so much in just one pull!
so maybe some combination of a larger intercooler, meth and e85 will help release some fury?
(#37)
Old

Car: 2018 S5 SB
Default 11-08-2017, 01:31 PM

There is an intercooler on ECS that supposedly fits our cars. Dont know if it actually does.

Also, hello everyone, really looking forward to this product release! will be an early adopter for sure.
(#38)
Old

Default 11-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCH
There is an intercooler on ECS that supposedly fits our cars. Dont know if it actually does.

Also, hello everyone, really looking forward to this product release! will be an early adopter for sure.
it allegedly fits both a4 and s4 cars, so it seems a bit suspect. at least the plumbing has to be different.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-integrat...t/ietpck1~int/
(#39)
Old

Default 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama
it allegedly fits both a4 and s4 cars, so it seems a bit suspect. at least the plumbing has to be different.
Yeah, it had me very skeptical as well. It seems like if the intercooler was universal fit that there would be many more than the one.
(#40)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 11-09-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Visually on the tech documents the two coolers look the same. I reckon the size remained the same for lag reduction.
What is even more interesting is the Twin Turbo RS4/5 got a charge cooler instead.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2015 VW Golf 1.4TSI
2017 Audi 8V RS3
(#41)
Old

Default 11-13-2017, 07:59 AM

So, what do I need to do to be a tester for this JB4? I'm technically savvy and have a S5 SB :D

sorry, I'm just being impatient, the car can do some fun stuff now but with a little more power its gonna be a blast!
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2017, 10:16 AM

We finalized the harness and new JB4 board for it, so now it's just a waiting game for early production parts to show up. Then we'll start looking for willing testers.

We've got the S4 here and George has the RS3 with him so between us we've got the new SENT sensor well covered for development.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 11-25-2017, 06:45 PM

Terry, i am waiting on to test those let me know once available.

(#44)
Old

Default 11-30-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm dying here... This car sounds amazing but can't move out fast enough.

Please hurry with the tune!

Jason

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2017, 10:33 AM

Haha we're working! Turns out fuel control requires a SENT channel so we had to add another one to our new board. 3x SENT channels now.

It's been slow going waiting for parts to come in since it's a whole new board and electrical changes we make result in a 2 week delay waiting for fabrication.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 11-30-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Haha we're working! Turns out fuel control requires a SENT channel so we had to add another one to our new board. 3x SENT channels now.

It's been slow going waiting for parts to come in since it's a whole new board and electrical changes we make result in a 2 week delay waiting for fabrication.
so is there hope for anything more than nominal gains? i know it was mentioned earlier that the rise in IAT after a couple pulls may be a problem, and that you weren't sure how much room there is for improvement.
(#47)
Old

Default 12-01-2017, 09:13 AM

I am wondering the same as above. I hope I didn't make a mistake going S5 route over the RS3. I like the S5 but not at stock power level. It's gotta be able to dip into the 11's or better I will get bored too with it.

Jason

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
so is there hope for anything more than nominal gains? i know it was mentioned earlier that the rise in IAT after a couple pulls may be a problem, and that you weren't sure how much room there is for improvement.
I'm not sure yet what the tuning potential is on the platform. It's a little too early to tell. I'd guess its going to wind up in the +50whp on pump gas, +80whp on E85 mixtures area, when its all said and done, but we'll have to see. So probably looking at high 11s otherwise stock really pushing it?

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason427
I am wondering the same as above. I hope I didn't make a mistake going S5 route over the RS3. I like the S5 but not at stock power level. It's gotta be able to dip into the 11's or better I will get bored too with it.

Jason
i think we made a mistake currently also driving the S5 SB and fore sure there is not way we can reach the power levels of the new RS3.

Well mine is a lease will see what happens next.

(#50)
Old

Default 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM

That's a bummer. I was stoked to hear twin turbo 6cy thinking it was going to be a beast after tuning... Oh well...
I may have to switch out sooner than later if it doesn't go low 12's - high 11's.
Jason

18 S5 SB
15 Hellcat 900rwhp
56 Resto-mod truck

Official Rolex Jeweler