N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 11-19-2017, 08:37 AM

Any chance to enable seeing coolant temps?

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#452)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 10:28 AM

I still haven't had a chance to add that option to this firmware, but it's on my list.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#453)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyggx
Will do that and teport back! Thank you!

EDIT:
Here are the results -> 5th gear, 1500rpms, DB is all the way 50, FOL 50, PID GAIN 25, FuD 174 (because of FuD settings the system is not logging gear and all cylinders, when I answer the questions I have value 174 which is again not logging the gear and the timing, but if the value is 99 everything is fine).

The real (JB4) boost seems to be fine until 4700rpms and then it starts dropping.

The next steps for me are:
1. To figure out the right FuD value; (I would appreciate some help, as when I press Bits and answer the questions I am not getting the desired results. From what I read bit6 is the one responsible for the timing, but there the question is different).
2. Adjust DB starting from 3000rpms to try to have the FF and WGDC as closer as possible; (Am I wrong or this sounds a feasible start?)
3. FOL 50 seems to be a good much in high revs, but in but 3000-5000 the car seems to be running on the lean side. Adjust to 60 may be?
4. I am thinking of raising the FUA above 30 so I would get less throttle movement. Would this be a good idea? Currently I see exactly .8psi difference all the way.
-> Looking at my log from 2000-3500 rpms there is higher than 20% throttle movement which I cannot explain. Boost (DME_BT/ECU_PSI) is .8psi off, the JB4 Boost/Target is near even a bit on the lower side, but still the throttle is closed. At 2000 rpms there is .9psi overboost (above JB4) which can explain the throttle being closed about 40%, but afterwards everything seems fine while the throttle remains half closed.
5. ... @Terry, anything else?

P.S. I would assume, now when I have the WGDC demand, it would be fine to log in 3-4th gears as in 5th I am reaching quite a high speed which is a bit illegal
Load on this firmware is manifold boost pressure. If it matches pre-throttle pressure, the throttle movement should be ignored.

FUD bits definitions are in the first post if relevant to this firmware.

In terms of WGDC you see it ramping up around 3500rpm. Also noticed you DID NOT load the default values. You just set everything to 50. Anwyay something like this might be worth trying next:

1500: 50
2000: 50
2500: 50
3000: 50
3500: 54
4000: 58
4500: 62
5000: 66
5500: 72
6000: 76
6500: 80
7000: 84
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#454)
Old

Car: '11 BMW F10 535i M Sport
Default 11-19-2017, 12:28 PM

I thought 50 is the default? The FF adaptations weren’t turned off in the above log. I did few logs today but without any satisfing results. I managed to map the FF/WGDC (with WG adaptations turned off from the bits) curves but I was getting underboost in high rpms. Now the FF Adaptation is around 105 and DB around 86 at 5,5k rpms.

Should the adjustment procedure include adaptations turned off or not?

Enclosed is the log and afterwards slightly adjusted settings which I never got the chance to test as it started raining.

Second log is after the FF adaptations were ON and the curve starts looking at staircase: I would assume I should drive with the FF adaptation turned on?

P.S. After the below run I turned ON the FF adaptation and it went to 105.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 171119_1510_OK.csv (4.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 171119_1513.csv (3.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-19-2017 at 12:47 PM..
(#455)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 12:56 PM

Default settings are in the first post. Your duty bias doesn't seem to be entered right either. FUA and FUD should both be 0. PID gain should be 25.

If you require CANbus on full time then you can enable that FUD option.

Burger Motorsports

(#456)
Old

Default 11-19-2017, 02:44 PM

I used the "all 50" from the other thread.

Anyhow I will do some runs with the suggested FFs (the ones from your post) and FUD/FUA = 0.

What would mean if I require CANbus on full time? The CAN wires are directly connected to the OBD connector with the JB4 connector and I am only attaching the laptop to the Data cable when I am logging, thus I am not sure what is the CANbus on full time (I thought it is usually always on?) and if I require it.

If FUD = 0 this means that the FF WG Adaptation would be active, thus this value would be incremented with every run, correct?

The thing I don't fully understand is the FF Adaptation, which when active is always moving up (never saw it going down), thus if I do the default settings for the DB (listed in the first post) the FF Adaptation would raise even during the first WOT which would again mess the WGDC/FF curves. I read that the FF Adapt is considered to be the global variable, thus it will increase the FF thru the whole range by its value (based on the formula) and then additionally add the DB rpms gain, or this is not correct.

In my latest two logs I have in the *_OK log (with disabled FF WG Adaptation) a good matching of the FF and WGDC curves (with small remark on 4k-5k range) and in the next log, where the FF WG Adaptation is ON the FF curve starts to get away from the WGDC (there the FF is 90) and at the end the FF WG Adaptation is 105m thus if I log the curves would be again away?

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-19-2017 at 02:58 PM..
(#457)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 04:29 PM

The only settings that apply to F PWG ISO are those in this thread.

CANbus on full time was a setting for those cars that throw codes at low throttle when not logging, when JB4 CANbus is sleeping.

FF adapts the curve up and down as a function of weather and other minor changes over time. Sometimes it's helpful to disable it when dialing in dutybias but normally not required.

In the last logs you failed to enter the correct duty bias values, so they were useless to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#458)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 11-19-2017, 08:43 PM

bobbyggx

Your car is an 535i F10 - right? In that case use FUD=2 to enable F10 compatability.

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4
100-200kph: 7.02sec (93 and meth)
(#459)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
bobbyggx

Your car is an 535i F10 - right? In that case use FUD=2 to enable F10 compatability.
It's FUD bit #1 to on for F10 BC button control.

Burger Motorsports

(#460)
Old

Default 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's FUD bit #1 to on for F10 BC button control.
I'll specify even further

bit0 - No
bit1 - Yes
bit2 - No
bit3 - No
bit4 - No
bit5 - No
bit6 - No
bit7 - No

- OR -

FUD=2
Attached Images

(#461)
Old

Default 11-20-2017, 04:15 AM

I don't use dash control. I only enabled CANbus full time (bit5 => YES => Value 32).

The DB settings are now adjusted, I would do few runs later when the road is drier and report back.

EDIT:
Enclosed are new logs. 5th gear until 5k rpms (ran out of road ).

Settings as suggested from Terry for DB. FF Adaptations untouched; FUD = 32 (CANbus full type (Bit5 => YES)).
Attached Files
File Type: csv 5th_Until_5k.csv (8.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 4th_FULL.csv (3.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 4th_6k.csv (2.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-20-2017 at 06:31 AM..
(#462)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I don't use dash control. I only enabled CANbus full time (bit5 => YES => Value 32).

The DB settings are now adjusted, I would do few runs later when the road is drier and report back.

EDIT:
Enclosed are new logs. 5th gear until 5k rpms (ran out of road ).

Settings as suggested from Terry for DB. FF Adaptations untouched; FUD = 32 (CANbus full type (Bit5 => YES)).
You also have some CANbus speed issues. Enable slow speed CANbus, bit#7. This is not uncommon on F10 models.

Burger Motorsports

(#463)
Old

Default 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM

Okay, I will do that. Otherwise Look okay? Boost timing? Should I tweak anything else or?
(#464)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 12:03 PM

Fix CANbus speed next and relog.

Burger Motorsports

(#465)
Old

Default 11-20-2017, 12:05 PM

I am about to go do that.

I drove the car without having my laptop with me and I got Drive malfunction (error said Boost lower than expected) and the car was hesitating between 2,5k - 4,5k as the boost was not coming.

EDIT:

Here is a log on 5th gear (171120_2113) with Slow CAN (Bit7 = YES). Bit5+Bit7 = 160.
The other two logs are 1 full 4th and 1 3rd-5th.

P.S. Now the Gear and Ign are gone
Attached Files
File Type: csv 171120_2113.csv (7.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 3th-5th.csv (7.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 4th.csv (4.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-20-2017 at 01:24 PM..
(#466)
Old

Default 11-22-2017, 02:39 PM

Comments?
(#467)
Old

Default 11-22-2017, 10:29 PM

Did you update your FW? Still says 16/7//1 in your logs...

(#468)
Old

Default 11-23-2017, 01:37 AM

Yes, I uploaded the FW you gave me. The gear and ignition logging are affected from thr FUD.
(#469)
Old

Default 11-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Hey guys,

Today I ran into low HPFP which was resolved after the I turned off and then on the car. The interesting thing is that the CAN communication seems to get lost from time to time.

Please refer to the below log (5th) where you can see that my FUD is 0, everything is logged and I have a lot of logging points (around 50rpms or less between entry).

On the other side, log from the very same time (2minutes earlier) I have few big gaps (300+ rpms) in log LOGGING_GAPS.

I am attaching also FP_H_LOW log where I have good logging points but the FP_H is 2 => I have FF wires connected in my car. I am noticing the FUELEN parameter has some values from time to time. I read that it is usually connected to Port Injection which I don't have .

I started getting Drivetrain malfunction with error lower boost than expected 2-3 times per day without aggressive driving, normal city driving with average pulls from traffic lights.

I also remember, when I was adjusting the DB I got a big drop during acceleration and this was logged. In the log the RPMs from the time of the drop shows 0. Visible in 171119_1441-DROP log.

Any ideas? What should I look for?

P.S. I do feel from time to time that the car runs like a wave - let's say I start in 3rd gear and the car pulls up until 4k rpms then I can feel less power until 4.5k rpms and then it hits again. => I think this CAN communication issue might be the problem for this?
P.S.2 I am using the OBD connector provided with JB4.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 5th.csv (9.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv FP_H_LOW.csv (9.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv LOGGING_GAPS.csv (2.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 171119_1441-DROP.csv (4.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-23-2017 at 02:10 PM..
(#470)
Old

Default 11-23-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Today I ran into low HPFP which was resolved after the I turned off and then on the car. The interesting thing is that the CAN communication seems to get lost from time to time.

Please refer to the below log (5th) where you can see that my FUD is 0, everything is logged and I have a lot of logging points (around 50rpms or less between entry).

On the other side, log from the very same time (2minutes earlier) I have few big gaps (300+ rpms) in log LOGGING_GAPS.

I am attaching also FP_H_LOW log where I have good logging points but the FP_H is 2 => I have FF wires connected in my car. I am noticing the FUELEN parameter has some values from time to time. I read that it is usually connected to Port Injection which I don't have .

I started getting Drivetrain malfunction with error lower boost than expected 2-3 times per day without aggressive driving, normal city driving with average pulls from traffic lights.

I also remember, when I was adjusting the DB I got a big drop during acceleration and this was logged. In the log the RPMs from the time of the drop shows 0. Visible in 171119_1441-DROP log.

Any ideas? What should I look for?

P.S. I do feel from time to time that the car runs like a wave - let's say I start in 3rd gear and the car pulls up until 4k rpms then I can feel less power until 4.5k rpms and then it hits again. => I think this CAN communication issue might be the problem for this?
P.S.2 I am using the OBD connector provided with JB4.

Not sure what car you have, but the jb4 ISO and my pwg n55 has had similar canbus delay......not sure if the same as your but a bit of a wait for boost to come on.

I did notice after I put new plugs and correctly gapped them, things seemed to improve power wise.....I think the canbus delay is there though.

I also unhooked my MAF and that seemed to help! You can also try bit 128 in future use D (I believe that's it) which is for slower canbus like mine. If I don't use this bit, I can definitely feel difference in lag. 6 cylinder timing setting to 40 helps with response

(#471)
Old

Default 11-23-2017, 02:44 PM

Car is 5er F10 2011.

128bit is for slow can bus (bit7). The interesting thing is that this canbus, based on the logs, is not always slow. Sometimes the car runs great and sometimes it accelerates in wave fashion, sometimes has big hesitation 2.5k-4.5k until the boost kicks in.

My car has new spark plugs (I installed the original Bosch). The old ones seemed to be in perfect shape. Didn't noticed any difference after changing them. Do you have FF wires attached in your car? If your car is stock (only JB4) can to share some of your logs to compare the values (can do that on PM).

By 6 cyl timing setting you mean the one in the attached screenshot? To set it to 40?

I am open to any suggestion and to any experiments with the final aim to get a smooth consistent running car.
Attached Images

(#472)
Old

Default 11-23-2017, 03:47 PM

I don't believe the low pressure fuel pump data is legit......but then again I could be wrong.

(#473)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2017, 07:05 PM

The N55 doesn't have a low fuel pressure sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#474)
Old

Default 11-24-2017, 01:17 AM

Terry

Some progressive meth love for the ISO platform?

(#475)
Old

Default 11-24-2017, 01:23 AM

Terry, what is then logged in FP_L? Any remarks, suggestion from your side regarding my latest logs?

EDIT:

Here is a new log, 4th gear with FUD 160 (Slow can + Can full time) and 6 cyl timing = 40 and unplugged MAF. Unfortunately again the logging points are not very detailed. Seems that when CAN options are activated the system stops logging 2-6 cyl timing + gear to make the data load lighter which assumably should result in better speed for the main parameters. @Terry, what could be the reason? Also the Firmware version which cn135i says is still the "old" one no matter that I uploaded the T3 hex?

Otherwise, the log seems to be good, FF/WGDC curves also follow each other. Very slight underboost after 5,3k rpms (I've adjusted the DB +2 from 5k onwards now). Seems that the Turbo is at 70% closed gate which should be considered okay, a bit on the higher side, but still not maxed out. Some overboost at the beginning but if I lower the DB settings at low RPMs it would make the daily normal driving a less responsive for WOT sake, thus I think should be fine if I leave it as is there.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 4th_.csv (2.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by bobbyggx; 11-24-2017 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: New log