N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old

Car: E92
Default 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM

Hello, just recently installed the latest E85 BEF version 061517 and bought the anti-lag kit. Im running 2:1 ratio of E85 to 91pump, have ********* and fuel-it stage 2 lpfp. I bought my JB4 last August, so do I need to install the chip as well? Any install videos? Any other upgrades recommend before using the anti-lag? Thanks.
(#652)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 07-13-2017, 07:10 PM

I'm willing to sell the chip if you need one. But I think you are okay w/o needed one.

So what's the activation for anti lag? I tried it today and it gave me a half engine light and a stored code. I'll have to try again/ pull the code tomorrow.
(#653)
Old

Default 07-13-2017, 07:14 PM

Lol nvm. Stupid me. Just had o read back a few papers. Sorry for being a noob
(#654)
Old

Car: 335RBi
Default 08-02-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogt.ryan
So is the table changes are included in the MHD BEF or is a manual change still required?

Never mind, totally read over the answer to that, I guess my time was up to ask a stupid question lol
I was looking for the same question. Is manual change still required? I'm not running E85 since I don't have it where I live, but I have MHD Pump BEF.
(#655)
Old

Default 08-06-2017, 10:48 AM

No table changes are needed if you have latest jb4 firmware and are using any backend flash. I'm using BEF pump too and it works for me no problems.
(#656)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-07-2017, 09:20 PM

Just installed Jb4 and the anti-lag chip

If using the bluetooth rev3, can I use that to connect the black wire, or is the USB to serial required?

I did the install and could not connect to bluetooth, I ended up swapping the chip back to the old and disconnecting the black wire from the BT rev3 go get things working - However, I may of swapped in the old chip into the other socket (closest to large data connector) but all works (except anti-lag) that possible?

Is there a way to verify I have the correct chips in the right sockets?

Thanks!
(#657)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 09-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonie
Just installed Jb4 and the anti-lag chip

If using the bluetooth rev3, can I use that to connect the black wire, or is the USB to serial required?

I did the install and could not connect to bluetooth, I ended up swapping the chip back to the old and disconnecting the black wire from the BT rev3 go get things working - However, I may of swapped in the old chip into the other socket (closest to large data connector) but all works (except anti-lag) that possible?

Is there a way to verify I have the correct chips in the right sockets?

Thanks!
Are you trying to use the Bluetooth to connect or are you just opening the JB4 mobile and hitting the connect button?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#658)
Old

Default 09-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Opening the app and hitting connect button - thanks for the help ...
(#659)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 09-15-2017, 04:00 PM

Ant lag installed and a lot of fun to use but I only ever get up to 10 psi. What in the BEF file to I have to adjust to bump it up to 15 psi?
(#660)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2017, 11:42 AM

Are you just hitting the anti-lag boost cap you've set under map6 1500rpm?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#661)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 09-16-2017, 12:24 PM

I use map 5
(#662)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

This is the thread for discussion and details on the new JB4 anti-lag feature. This feature allows you to pull 25 degrees of timing on the fly using either the volumne button on your steering wheel or brake pedal to spool up the turbos before starting a race.
For example during a rolling race get close to the starting speed, press the volume down, floor the car, let boost build, and let go of the volume button to rocket away at full boost. It's really an exhilarating feeling. The larger the turbos the more fun it is!

Note this setup is experimental. We do not know whether or not it will cause any long term damage to your exhaust valves or turbine. But my gut feeling is that as long as its used with ethanol fuel and in moderation that there won't be any issues. Just keep in mind it's a racing part. And when you're racing sometimes you're breaking.

Order Link:

We've added the kit to our site on the n54 upgrades page: http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

Results:

Anti-lag dyno testing on a large single turbo. Incredible spool improvement! http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33639

Install Guide:

1) Disconnect negative battery cable
2) Open the JB4 enclosure and using a small screwdriver pry out the chip closest to the data cable connector. It will be labeled 23k22 or 24k22. Insert the new chip and press it down in place.
3) Take apart the BMS data cable shell and insert the anti-lag wire in to spot #4. Reassemble connector or if you prefer throw the shell away and reattach to the JB4 using one of the smaller screws that was within the cable as shown below.
4) The other end of the wire has a male and female jumper that fits within the JB4 harness on the large black subconnector, spot #17, as numbered from the female side. The OEM wire that is routed to that slot is yellow/red.
5) Put the JB4 and harness back together and reattach the battery.
6) Update the JB4 to v31.4 or later firmware.
7) Make the flash file changes shown below. Note if using the github XDF you will need to modify the charge air temp timing range to go down to -25. Many table changes are required. We've added these changes to the E85 back end flash maps posted. If not using one of our E85 back end flash maps you'll need to make all the changes below manually in your BIN for the system to work properly.
8) To utilize the system select the gear you plan to start in, say 3rd gear at 40-50mph, press down on the volume button, press the gas pedal fully, and when you're ready to go let go of the volume button. When pressing both the gas pedal and button down IAT should drop to 21 degrees and timing will go negative in dash and in datalogs.
9) Note it's currently unknown whether or not this will long tern damage the turbos, motor, etc, so don't use this feature if you don't have a higher risk tolerance.

Cold Weather Update:
As a short update for you cold weather guys, we've made a logical change to the back end flash map that will allow the system to operate properly when temps dip below 32F.

The only catch is the anti-lag system may not trigger (e.g. IAT may not drop low enough when engaging) when temps warm up back to the 70s and higher. The original anti-lag wires have a 1.2k resistor inline to prevent the JB4 from causing a "intake temp sensor voltage too low" fault when anti-lag engages. We've since been able to disable this fault in the flash file and around 12/5/15 switched anti-lag kits to a 100ohm resistor. With the 100ohm resistor there will be no issues with the new logic from very warm to very cold weather.

Those with the original 1.2k resistor may want to cut it out and instead splice in a 100ohm come spring. Alternatively we've added the "wire only" as an order option to the anti-lag kit if you just need the new wire.

Videos:

how do you flash the jb4 after installing the anti lag kit?
(#663)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-18-2017, 05:29 PM

i just need to know how to flash the jb4 antilag shown at the end of the description.
(#664)
Old

Car: 2008 335i E92
Default 10-28-2017, 12:16 PM

Alright so I came across a strange issue and can't figure out if this could be related to the Anti-Lag install, or if something else happened.

Just installed the kit this morning with chip and jumper wire. Works just as it should and confirmed with timing in the dash that it was working as it should with timing dropping to zero as I was on the brake, holding the volume down button, and flooring it.

But my I now no longer have AM/FM signal available. AUX port works just fine. Steering wheel volume buttons and track buttons work just fine. Every other thing in the car works perfectly fine, but after this install my car will not recognize AM or FM signals. As the Anti-Lag install and this issue happened simultaneously, I'm trying to figure out how one could impact the other.

Any thoughts?
(#665)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2017, 08:50 PM

Don't see how it could be related.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#666)
Old

Car: 2007 bmw 335i e90 n54
Default 10-30-2017, 03:16 AM

I installed the anti lag and flashed a new mhd bef last night. After first test everything workedbfind except now the boost gauge on my display (android phone with usb cable) no longer reads at all. Any ides?

2007 335i e90 JB4 G5, MHD bef, HKS bov, 7" FMIC, BMS meth kit, passenger side silicone inlets, custom oil cooler retrofit with setrab core and AD Engineering thermostat and Apex ARC8 19" wheels. Aka my Silver Queen.
(#667)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2017, 08:05 AM

Don't see how it could be related.

Burger Motorsports

(#668)
Old

Default 11-12-2017, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

terry
Could you do pump and race maps with antilag?

There are many users who are not familiar with modifying the tables and they could use this option, UNDER THEIR OWN RISK.

There are also many users who can only have 93 + 100 meth and would have to see until 1500rpm boot would be within the fairly safe that could be used, some of them have not bought the kit because they do not believe they can operate it ( see complicated) and this would make the road much easier.

You are always helping the community and this I do not think it takes more than 5 minutes, you would be doing a great favor to the users.
Comos always thanks for your time
(#669)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 11-17-2017, 06:16 AM

I forgot when I bought my Jb4 board so How can I understand it is with antilag chip or not ? Could you please tell by looking at the attachments if it is possible.
Attached Images

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, VTT GC Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#670)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 11-17-2017, 06:49 AM

It looks like your chip is 23k22..although its difficult to read?
Attached Images

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila.
11.3@127 (https://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk)
(#671)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 11-17-2017, 07:15 AM

That means I can’t utilize from anti lag feature ? Thank you russjonesr , appreciated.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, VTT GC Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !

Last edited by cebrailbakan; 11-17-2017 at 07:22 AM..
(#672)
Old

Default 11-24-2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
terry
Could you do pump and race maps with antilag?

There are many users who are not familiar with modifying the tables and they could use this option, UNDER THEIR OWN RISK.

There are also many users who can only have 93 + 100 meth and would have to see until 1500rpm boot would be within the fairly safe that could be used, some of them have not bought the kit because they do not believe they can operate it ( see complicated) and this would make the road much easier.

You are always helping the community and this I do not think it takes more than 5 minutes, you would be doing a great favor to the users.
Comos always thanks for your time

any answer?
(#673)
Old

Default 12-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Is there a way to install the anti lag wire with the jb4 bluetooth connect kit?
(#674)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419
Is there a way to install the anti lag wire with the jb4 bluetooth connect kit?
Yes, same way the data cable is. You will have to remove the shell to do so.

Burger Motorsports