N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Terry, will this Future Use set to 100, quiet the cold idle down? Will it negatively impact performance?
(#477)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 04-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyates
Terry, will this Future Use set to 100, quiet the cold idle down? Will it negatively impact performance?
Might it help with my rough idle issues?

Also, will this setting apply globally to all the maps, or will it only apply to the custom map?
(#478)
Old

Default 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM

?
(#479)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default N55 1/4Mile time - 04-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Sir Terry

Do you want me to pursue getting into the 11's with sw & dp only? If you want to see how far we can get without meth then I'm happy to test otherwise I'm ready for the next stage.

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#480)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2012, 02:11 PM

I'd say get the meth going and lets see an 11!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#481)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM

I'm hurting Terry. Any news on the F30 N55 tune?
(#482)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2012, 08:58 PM

No, waiting for a local F30 to show up so we can get started on that. If anyone is interested just drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#483)
Old

Default 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No, waiting for a local F30 to show up so we can get started on that. If anyone is interested just drop me an email.
Terry,

Can you please answer my questions above.

Also, just a quick practical question. If the JB4 is set to autoclear codes, how will I know if i have a legitimate problem with my car (fuel pump goes bad, etc.)? Or does it just delete DP-related codes?
(#484)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay
Terry,

Can you please answer my questions above.

Also, just a quick practical question. If the JB4 is set to autoclear codes, how will I know if i have a legitimate problem with my car (fuel pump goes bad, etc.)? Or does it just delete DP-related codes?
I normally skim over the forum and just chime in from time to time. If you have a question specific to your car always email in, as I generally won't answer those on the forum even if I see them.

With auto clear real codes still throw a check engine light. So if you see a light, go to map 0 and read the code before auto clear can delete it.

Burger Motorsports

(#485)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Someone please with the love of god and all man kind! Please! If I was local, it would be there in a heart beat.
(#486)
Old

Car: 335xiA M-sport coupe, Alpine white -08
Default 05-02-2012, 07:42 AM

Moved to JB4 N54 info, firmware, software, and updates..

Last edited by NextStep; 05-03-2012 at 05:27 AM..
(#487)
Old

Car: 2011 355xi
Default 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Can we get release notes on the March 7th hex file? What's changed? I wanna install it but....
(#488)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Nothing major vs. 3/7. I think we just added the TPMS and changed the WW meth algorithm.

Burger Motorsports

(#489)
Old
HPFP Stress Tester (6th)

Car: '11 N55 E92
Default 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM

The biggest change was that with the older firmware I was getting dash-resets quite frequently. Not a single one on the new firmware. Thanks Terry.

'11 335i LMB, 6M, M-Sport, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grills, CF competition spoiler, CDV, aFe Stage 2 Intake, cp-e CP, Lamin-X "Tint" Head-Fog-Tail Film, Schroth Rallye 4 Harnesses, debadged, CAN Tool, Vortex 260M 18" Track Wheels with BFG R1 (245/265), Hawk DTC-70/HP Plus pads.

RIP '08 135i -- Lemoned Out
(#490)
Old

Default 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay

Also, at low RPMS, the car sounds like a diesel truck engine. This I was not expecting.

Finally, on a cold start, when the car sits at ~1200 rpms for a brief period, the car is piercingly noisy.
I experienced the same exhaust noise problems that made my 135 sound like farm equipment in low and mid ranges, and just flat out loud-&-obnoxious in higher RPM ranges.

Please bear in mind that BMW probably tunes the muffler baffles very precisely to obtain very pleasant exhaust notes across a wide RPM range. Indeed, a stock 135 N55 makes very pleasing noises.

Exhaust gas volume and velocity increase dramatically when running high boost pressures through a c*t-less down-pipe.

A baffled muffler simply will not handle these increased exhaust volumes and velocities. Much of the unpleasant noises you are hearing are the muffler baffles being overwhelmed by the increased gas volumes and velocities.

I did some research and found the MadDad Whisper axle-back muffler
. It is a straight-through design, but it is amazingly quiet, with a very nice deep throaty tone.

The new muffler also solved the very loud cold start up. It is not Camry quiet, but no where near as loud and obnoxious as it used to sound on cold start up.

I'd highly recommend the MadDad Whisper for anyone with a down-pipe.

In any case, a performance muffler is pretty much a requirement if you're running a down-pipe.
(#491)
Old

Default 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM

I'm going to try e85 mix tonight on my n55. Anxiously awaiting an update for us n55 guys though!!
(#492)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2012, 02:30 PM

We haven't done any N55 E85 testing yet. But if you want to add say a 20% mix and email in some CSV logs I'd love to see them!

Burger Motorsports

(#493)
Old

Default 05-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Good thing I caught this reply now. Almost headed out to do 60/40 e85/93 oct and try map 7. Saying its not a good idea?
(#494)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Right, not a good idea, as the fuel trims, etc, will likely be way off with more than a 20-30% mix, until we work up special firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#495)
Old

Default 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Ok, I'll try a low % mix and send a csv to you. I googled again and some guys have been running a 40% or so with map 7 with N55!
(#496)
Old

Default 05-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Terry,

Has anyone installed that the racing-*** DP that you sell on your website for the N55? This straight-through DP is starting to get on my nerves -- both teh noise and the fumes.

Are the power gains even worth it for the catted DP?
(#497)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2012, 03:09 PM

We ship them all the time! Good option if you want to keep it a little quieter.

Burger Motorsports

(#498)
Old

Default 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Ok, did 30% E85 on top of 93 and couldn't run logs this time. On Map 2 it is stronger. Not quite race gas but again I was on Map 2. Breaks loose in 2nd when throttled. Boost was more consistent and timing was hanging around mid-3/4 on boost hijack (normally its 1/4 to mid) No long starts or anything weird. The N55 seems to LOVE it, btw and I'll fill up again soon with the mix. NEED a Map for it though!
(#499)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default N55 on Meth - 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Does anyone know when Map5 (Auto Tuning) will be fully developed for the N55? with all this E85 testing going on the N55 guys are being left out.
Also if I do not opt to use E85 but 104RM2 instead + meth will I yield the same or even better results than using E85? Asking this cos when I ran a 12.00 it was on 104RM2, K&N & Ar Dp only but Terry gave me a custom Map6 settings with 17.5psi peak boost. Will I be able to boost above this with the addition of meth on Map3 (using a normal JB4 board)? I want to run a 11.7 soon.

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#500)
Old

Car: 2011 335i xDrive
Default Upgrade Question - 06-02-2012, 01:55 PM

I currently have the N55 JB3 and the BMS CAN tool.

I want to upgrade to N55 JB4. Is it possible for me to only hook the "core" up to my existing harness and use the CAN tool instead of the integrated CAn controls?