View Single Post
(#400)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 09-21-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedx5m
I have the DV+ from GFB and they work great. They are for the N55, it requires 2 of them, not 1. Also, the screws that come with will not work on our plastic s63 charge *****. I found "Tapcon" cement screws to work great. Take the factory screws and the new DV+ diverters(Blow off valves or BOVs) to a hardware store to determine the size and new length, as you will need longer screws. Real easy. Make sure to hand tighten, not strip-out the holes. Also, note the DV+ gasket is not thick enough to seal to the charge pipe. You can get a new gasket or file down the plastic "ears/tabs" so the DV+ fits flush. If not, it will leak under boost. I run mine with the included "Sport Spring". Much more responsive.

Do you guys have some combined(or collectively combined) technical or general, even if some is in theory on how to do a double CC system on our s63s? I'd gladly fashion a system up. I'm tired of this PCV system and the many possibilities for issues.
You find them for cheaper than $130 each anywhere? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/GFB-T9356-DV...9WkFG7&vxp=mtr

I posted a link about the gentleman that started the kit which I have now. He posted many pics about the differences between the S63 and S63TU's system, now I just need to make sense and find room for everything I have.

EDIT - watched some YouTube videos and came across this which happens to say the link above is a fake :-/ Fortunately for us in the US, buying directly from GFB converts to $114 vs the eBay ones being $139...then add $55 for shipping and it's pretty much a wash.

EDIT 2 - wrote the seller and mentioned the YouTube video and the link provided in the comments. Seller pointed out that 0 matches were available on the link, meaning the fake seller is gone and this seller reassured me that his are real. I guess we'll see.

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - MHD 1+, BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto, VRSF 7"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's

Last edited by m5james; 09-22-2017 at 11:18 AM..