View Single Post
(#398)
Old

Car: E70 X5m
Default 09-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
edit: I have this s63 in my shop for this little work. I have a 750Li (n63) right next to it getting a long block replacement and new turbos due to a spun bearing..... 35k on the clock. Change your oil, and let your car warm up.

I didn't replace the BOV (Diverter Valve) though I am thinking about seeing what would happen if I fit a DV+ from GFB on the car. The DV's look the same as what is on the n55. I have the stuff here but I only have one DV+, might try it just to see if it'll fit for the sake of research.

I replaced the PCV valve, which on this car is the partially the entire inlet assembly feeding the turbos on both sides. The driver's side boot has two check valves in it to stop boost from pressurizing the crankcase/inlet pipe under boost. The one leading over to the passenger side intake manifold connector pipe was leaking, so we were under-boosting as well as pressurizing the crankcase.

The entire thing needs to be redesigned, but the best design would include brand new inlets. Hopefully someone pays us to develop something for it one day. That would be a lot of fun. Dual CC's seem like a good thing for this car. Isolating the two ventilation systems would probably help keep this car more reliable.
I have the DV+ from GFB and they work great. They are for the N55, it requires 2 of them, not 1. Also, the screws that come with will not work on our plastic s63 charge *****. I found "Tapcon" cement screws to work great. Take the factory screws and the new DV+ diverters(Blow off valves or BOVs) to a hardware store to determine the size and new length, as you will need longer screws. Real easy. Make sure to hand tighten, not strip-out the holes. Also, note the DV+ gasket is not thick enough to seal to the charge pipe. You can get a new gasket or file down the plastic "ears/tabs" so the DV+ fits flush. If not, it will leak under boost. I run mine with the included "Sport Spring". Much more responsive.

Do you guys have some combined(or collectively combined) technical or general, even if some is in theory on how to do a double CC system on our s63s? I'd gladly fashion a system up. I'm tired of this PCV system and the many possibilities for issues.